Bernie's OK so don't worry, but.......

Diane

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 04:34 pm
Hey Bernie, wish I could plant a big smooch right on your kisser right now.

You look wonderful in both pics--it's about time that your friends know how cute you are without your hat.

{{{{{{{{{{ BERNIE http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/layla_phoenix/heartpump.gif LOLA }}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 04:38 pm
Re: Blatham
blatham wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bernie, I saw the Robert Downey film remake last week. I kept trying to compare it with the last century's original film. The disadvantage is that the original made for TV was in weekly segments and Downey's film was not. I would love to see the original in one does of wonderment.

Hey, Bernie, how about going for a short walk with the love of your life? I see Lola has your leash in hand.

BBB Smile

B

I LOVE the serial form, perhaps from those cliff-hanger westerns when I was a kid. The one-week-wait delays gratification in the most exquisite manner and a masterful writer like Potter can use that form to great advantage.

Yup, I'm well leashed.

Oh - I have never seen the film - I eschewed it - but do you think I ought not have? I have only seen the fantastic serial.

Isn't Michael Gambon a wonder?

Hey - you DO look good!

Any weird personality changes yet? Would we notice? Lol - I'm just teasin' yer.....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:00 pm
dianne

By all means, fly here for a visit and smooch away.

deb

I confess I could not watch very much of the Downey film version simply because of how it compared - for me - with the original. As to Gambon's performance...every time I see it again or read the screenplay again, I find myself utterly amazed. The combination of Potter's created characters and the quality of the directing (equally true in Pennies or Lipstick) encouraged acting of the very highest calibre. Have you seen Lipstick on Your Collar? If not, rent it.

I'm not sure what oddnesses I might be manifesting (or that I might have left behind). When my heart stopped, I didn't schmooze with god even briefly and that's likely a good thing as I'm certain we would both have been quite disappointed and there would have been words. I'm moving slowly, internally and externally, and that's partly prudence, partly bruising, and likely something to do with beta blockers. I've been quick to anger a few times, but I'm not at all sure that is something new. One significant factor in all of this too is that I've been without my wonderful, beautiful, manna-like cigarettes and I have yet to decide whether life can possibly have any meaning at all without them.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:17 pm
Lola wrote:
spendius wrote:
It's a good photo.Reminds me of Dinner With Andree(?)Or a Russian writer.A dissident.

He looks better without his hat.

We watched as much as we could of My Dinner with Andre a couple of months ago......it wasn't what I remembered it to be. Times have changed perhaps. I like the hat. Still he looks good with or without it.

But here he is with Frank one week before the big event.....with the hat.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAAAOwV4ipAXRe!EMz2!*yoNefDmK8ore4oo5PG8IRXqaf5e28cIy!KrpRwwxWgQn!gx3Dfg*bClEj8vcszAIzWsbyJnWTNq85CLtzqnYfH!PqkNoRtLw/CIMG1499.JPG

Yep...a couple of wild and crazy guys...twins separated at birth. (At least, with the hat on.) Twisted Evil

I don't suppose you would be interested in coming down to the Pan on Thursday night? Nah...you are probably still playing the sympathy card.

Anyway...I am gonna be there...and Joe says he's gonna try. Kicky tells me he is on vacation this week...and will probably be there early...although he said the same thing last week...but got there late because he had a thing going with some cable guy.

Hey...to each his own, I say.

You look good.

I haven't called, because it appears you are getting calls from the entire rest of the western world.

Be well; have fun (do it carefully)...and we'll get together soon.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:09 pm
Don't want to intrude, but I wanted to give a quick hello and welcome back to blatham-- I rarely chime in on the Politics forum because the big sharks there would chew me to bits in a moment if I so much as dipped in a toe, but I read a lot of the threads-- so basically I'm sayin', Hi, I know you and you don't know me Smile But I always like reading what you have to say, and I just wanted to tell you I'm glad you decided to stick around! Here's hoping you'll be up to the stress of the politics forum again soon-- they need a voice of reason over there you know Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:17 pm
In that case it might have been.....oh, never mind.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 07:22 pm
yes, spendi, speak up........don't be shy.

Deb, my password was Gambon for a while. I loved his performance in the Singing Detective. It's a masterpiece.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 07:23 pm
frank......the frying pan, yes, that would be fun. We'll see.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 10:59 pm
blatham wrote:
dianne

By all means, fly here for a visit and smooch away.

deb

I confess I could not watch very much of the Downey film version simply because of how it compared - for me - with the original. As to Gambon's performance...every time I see it again or read the screenplay again, I find myself utterly amazed. The combination of Potter's created characters and the quality of the directing (equally true in Pennies or Lipstick) encouraged acting of the very highest calibre. Have you seen Lipstick on Your Collar? If not, rent it.

I'm not sure what oddnesses I might be manifesting (or that I might have left behind). When my heart stopped, I didn't schmooze with god even briefly and that's likely a good thing as I'm certain we would both have been quite disappointed and there would have been words. I'm moving slowly, internally and externally, and that's partly prudence, partly bruising, and likely something to do with beta blockers. I've been quick to anger a few times, but I'm not at all sure that is something new. One significant factor in all of this too is that I've been without my wonderful, beautiful, manna-like cigarettes and I have yet to decide whether life can possibly have any meaning at all without them.

Blood oath I have seen Lipstick!

Here's a thing - while (I think) actually watching The Singing Detective I was working on a dermatology unit.

My goddess - how true it was that people hospitalized with those out of control skin diseases were often experiencing profound emotional crisis - and there they were - wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger.

I have never as a therapist experienced such a series of circumstances for working with people that was able to facilitate such massive change in such a short period of time.

Yes - beta blockers make everything move slowly.

Ahem - people describe sex as taking a lot longer, but being majestic, as long as you do not give up.......

Yay with the cigarettes!

Yes - at this point any out of control rages and such might properly be attributed to your sudden, brutal weaning from your cylindrical mother's breast!

Have you considered a dummy - or something of the suchlike.....ahem.....

I am a very naughty Wabbit!

You may spank me......
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 11:04 pm
Quote:
I am a very naughty Wabbit!

You may spank me......

ok Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 01:24 am
You may not.

You are just a stick drawing.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:58 am
Lola wrote:
frank......the frying pan, yes, that would be fun. We'll see.

Wow! I made that suggestion more in jest than seriousness...but if Bernie is in shape for a trip downtown...it would be a pleasure to see him at the pan.

I can tell you that the sunset last week was spectacular...the kind of beauty that can help make physical mending take place faster.

Lemme know. But don't push things. There will be many sunsets...and the Pan ain't goin' nowhere.

f.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:57 am
BBB
Lola, if Bernie starts ranting and raving 'cause he can't have a cig, just stick a cork in his yap! followed by your gentle thing on top cig substitute.

BBB
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 11:02 am
Quote:
My goddess - how true it was that people hospitalized with those out of control skin diseases were often experiencing profound emotional crisis - and there they were - wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger.

I have never as a therapist experienced such a series of circumstances for working with people that was able to facilitate such massive change in such a short period of time.

Yes sireeee, I agree. That part of the genius symbolism was somewhat lost on many a non-mental health care provider. But it seemed clear to me that Potter understood it well.

Quote:
Ahem - people describe sex as taking a lot longer, but being majestic, as long as you do not give up.......

Anymore majestic or longer in duration and the earth may shatter......but I'm willing to give it a try if Bernie is.....he he

And you can spank me too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 03:48 pm
Bam!

There - did the earth move for you?
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:22 pm
dlowan,
I had in mind an offering for you =

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/615/dlowan012zv.jpg

However,
at this point - your original avatar seems much more appropriate.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:18 pm
Lol - if my avatar doesn't smoke, it will stop peeing people off!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:01 am
Some avatars have that effect.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:08 am
Tico's so cute when he's dry...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:02 am
Are you suggesting I'm normally "all wet"?
0 Replies