Coming this Summer....My New Plant Cemetery

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:21 pm
Much like my first " Plant Cemetery" , This one will be new and improved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,259 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:40 pm
Tell all, Algis!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:53 pm
Yes, if you are possessed of a black thumb, you must pass this on, like the Sin Eater in Irish tradition. Lie down, take a deep breath and begin. Just dont pass it on to me , pick some of these CAnadians, they cant grow anything except lichens anyway.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:13 pm
The Plant Cemetery is a user friendly place to leave dying or dead plants that meant something significant to you. Lets say your mother gave you a plant and then passed away. A few years laters that plant dies and your a little reticent to throw it out being the last thing Mom gave you was her plant.

Now the plant might be dead or dying but still exhibits some aesthetic appeal. None the less you have held on to this plant , on the back porch, and now you have a place to bring it. The Plant Cemetery.

Before you leave the plant though you must write a note telling us something about this plant. So that others can read and share.

If the plants dying the same above rule applies but outsiders are allowed to take the plant if they think they can save it.

Hi Osso and farmerman

Nuff said
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:15 pm
Farmerman, tell me more of this irish tradition. Rod Sterling did a show on the sin eater starring jon boy from the waltons. It must have been that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:29 pm
Algis
Algis -I too saw the Sin Eater in an old "Zone". Apparently this tradition is common to a few cultures.
I know that The Pa Dutch have aDOEDT VERSOMLING UN ESSE (a gravestone cleaning frolic) in which the sins of the dead person are ceremoniously cleansed by cleaning the headstones in the Amish graveyard. This is a sort of party in which the community shares the responsibility to seek forgiveness of the sins of the dead by this community act of "Spring housecleaning"

Im really not conversant about the sin eater tradition but Ill bet someone out there is.
I thought your thread was in reference to , perhaps, a self admission that youre a poor gardener. I diid not mean to make light of what I now see was meant as a serious subject. Thousand pardons
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 11:00 am
Yeah, the sin eater was one of his best....

On the same trail the Balinease make puja's at sites of deep injury to placate the negative energy there, at that spot so that the victim can heal quicker.

I met a school teacher there who almost died becvause the ritual was not done and once it had been done he recovered very nicely and walks and talks still to this day let alone teaches to his hearts content.
0 Replies