Pictures of me naked and trashy on display

flushd

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:02 am
before you scroll, there's no picts posted here. Cool
pervs.

This has to do with a past 'indiscretion' of mine that has come back to bite me in the arse.
When I was younger I was pretty wild and stupid. I allowed my boyfriend at the time to take picts of me that were pretty nasty. I took my share of him too. Well, you get the idea.
He happens to be a musician, and we ended badly. I thought all the picts, tapes, and evidence were destroyed. Granted, there were times I was pretty out of it, so I guess I didn't get all of them.
Here I am years later, and a guy I know asks me " Hey, did you pose for some pictures for *&&^&* ? Because there are pictures of a girl that looks just like you plastered all over on these posters. "
I went to check it out and it was fuckin' ME!!
I am pissed. These posters are where people I know will see them. He has them in venues and the batard went so far as to say he was going to incorporate them into a cd slip.
I've gone on a rampage trying to destroy all these posters, but there's not a hell of al ot i can do about the original. I'm screwed.

So, fine, I'll deal.

Except my recent ex is a musician too. We ended ok and all that, but it is so recent, and I am sure he has seen these posters. He called me last night and hinted around it. I think he has the wrong idea and it has hurt his feelings.

Is it worth it to call him and explain this, or am I just going to sound like a crazy biotch? Should I just let the ex think what he will?

I still care about him, and we said goodbye knowing that later down the road we will have a friendship again.

I just don't know. I'm confused and pissed I led such a careless past.
Help?!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,465 • Replies: 22
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:57 am
Madonna posed naked in her younger days.
I believe her response was a resounding 'IM NOT ASHAMED!'

I imagine its easier said than done but try to rise above it.
Have a laugh about it.Its already done and yuo cant change that.

Why is your ex doing this?Is it revenge for something?
Do the same with pictures you have of him, or at least threaten to.
Isnt there copyright on pictures, who has the negatives?Maybe he is illiegally using them.
Your ex sounds like a nasty piece of work.

How was your recent ex hinting at it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:16 am
you just can't trust a musician. Believe me. All scumbags.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:56 am
can he legally use them without your consent? i didn't think you could. if you are truly upset about it, you may want to check into that. esp if he is using them to advertise something. i believe that some businesses have been taken to court because they used pics where people hadn't signed release forms.

in one of my past jobs, we had to change out a pic on a website because one person in the background didn't sign a release (they just happened to be walking by when we took it).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:04 am
Leap up on stage and start screaming profanities during one of his concerts. Poof. No more family market, and he's ruined....
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:11 am
Re: Pictures of me naked and trashy on display
flushd wrote:
I took my share of him too
hope you still have them!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:47 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
you just can't trust a musician. Believe me. All scumbags.

Bad boys, bad boys, every single one! :wink:

I'm really sorry this has happened to you, flushd. It's not the musician, it's the man. And you may have some legal recourse as others have mentioned. Maybe for slander or defamation of character or something. I'm not a legal expert. Just hope one of our legal eagles sees this thread and gives you some good advice.

Good luck to you!
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:34 am
Yep you have legal rights over those photos
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:40 am
As mentioned, you do have enforceable rights. If the publisher of the photographs of you to which you object does not have and/or is unable to produce a signed model release from you specifically authorizing the use of the photos in the manner to which you object, the publisher can be restrained from distributing them and also may be liable for damages. About the only exception to that would be if you were engaged in what normally would be considered a common, voluntary, un-private activity in a public place, wherein you would have no expectation of particular privacy. See a lawyer.

An aside - if you were under the age of 18 at the time the photos in question were taken, and can establish that fact, the boy can be in a real world of hurt - like federal hurt - and no inconvenience apart from pressing the legal issues will devolve upon you. You could make things most unpleasant for him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:48 am
Others have given you good advice about your legal rights.

As to the recent ex, I think it would be a nice thing to do to say, look, maybe you've seen these pictures around, I just wanted you to know that these are very old and I didn't give permission to post them. It would show respect for him and also that you consider him a friend enough to tell him.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:48 am
Wow, what a jerk. That's seriously criminal, and anyone who does that deserves whatever punishment he gets.

Real musicians use ex-girlfriends as fodder for kickass rock songs. Not some childish stunt.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
Thank you everyone.

I am looking into what I can do legally. It bothers me enough that I willing to fight it. It's just bad publicity for me; it could hurt me in my job life.

Yes, I've decided to just explain it to my recent-ex. He understood, and he was glad to hear it. He was worried about me.

I used to work as an artist-model and had some photos taken for a few bands. The Jerk was definetly trying to destroy my credibility.

Hmm; y'know, I just think about crashing one of his concerts. Twisted Evil
Then I realized they'd just think it was part of the show, and it would probably further him. arggg.

thanks everyone
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:36 pm
flushd wrote:
I am looking into what I can do legally. It bothers me enough that I willing to fight it. It's just bad publicity for me; it could hurt me in my job life.

it would bother me too....got get him!!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:44 pm
flushed....

....I cannot tell you how outraged I am at your predicament.

I want to help you...but I really have to see all the pictures before I can.

Can you work it out so we can see the pictures?

I am outraged!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:52 pm
flushd, This will come to pass. Iv'e done lots of degrading things. Regret is a wasted emotion. Talk to some of the lawyers on A2K. Does his band suck? If I was your freind I'd get drunk and dive into there drumset while there playing. (I'm from early L.A. punk scene)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 07:17 pm
I'm with frank, Lets get to bottom of this guys. A2S (Able 2 See) Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
I like to take women on dates by acting really normal, cool and funny. However when they go to the restroom I slip them something "funny" in their drink, then the fun begins, involving my apartment, 7 friends, video cameras, and a live goat.

LOL!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!
0 Replies

emperor91108

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 02:33 pm
If you make any legal progress please let this thread know.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 02:44 pm
flushd,

I just found this thread. This makes me so angry! When you are in a relationship with someone and you love them and trust them you never consider them doing such things to you later on.

I am so happy you told your man the truth. I know he must really care for and respect you just by his acceptance. I am happy you have him for support.

Do the right things in this and you will prevail. Use the law, that's what it is for. You have my moral support!

You go girl!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
I'm sorry, but It's difficult to help you before I get a full assessment of the situation. I'll need to see the pics. Very Happy
0 Replies