Small breaks between reps?

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2022 01:46 pm
First of all, I'm Spanish and I'm using the google translator, so if I say something stupid, you know why.

My question is simple.
I have been in the GYM for three months and although I have been advancing in the weights I use, normally while I am doing (for example) a series of ten repetitions, when I pass eighth I do a small rest of a second and then continue with the series.
The question is: is this really effective? Or is it better to lower the weight and do the repetitions in a row?

Many thanks.
Here is the text in my original language:

¿Pequeños descansos entre repeticiones?

En primer lugar, soy español y estoy usando el traductor de google, así que si digo alguna tontería, ya sabéis por qué.

Mi pregunta es sencilla.
Llevo tres meses en el GYM y aunque he ido avanzando en las pesas que uso, normalmente mientras estoy haciendo (por ejemplo) una serie de diez repeticiones, cuando paso por octavo hago un pequeño descanso de un segundo y luego sigo con la serie.
La pregunta es: ¿es esto realmente efectivo? ¿O es mejor bajar el peso y hacer las repeticiones seguidas?

Muchísimas gracias.
Aquí les dejo el texto en mi idioma original:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 308 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2022 04:41 pm
@Musculman,
I'll just pass along something I heard. If you can do 12 reps, increase the resistance. If you can't do 10, back off on the resistance till you can.

Again, that's just advice I read somewhere.
0 Replies