snood

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 06:51 am
@Region Philbis,
Or the gnat that buzzes you out of sleeping
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 10:43 am
@Region Philbis,
You can't give even one example of what you claim is true, as I thought.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 10:57 am
Re-reading the exchange, it's possible that Brandon9000 drew the mistaken conclusion that "the many crimes" refers exclusively to actions pertinent to the Jan 6, insurrection. But this was never explicitly stated. It's a crime to take government property and store it in your home. Trump's home is in Florida. Many of Trump's actions are now being investigated as criminal, not only his role in the Jan. 6 insurrection.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 11:03 am
@hightor,
My comment applied only to Jan. 6. I have a point of view about the other, but that's a different conversation. I thought he was re-hashing the Trump incited an insurrection myth.
engineer

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 11:14 am
@Brandon9000,
Based on the Jan 6 commission hearings and the testimony from numerous Republican staffers who were in the room, it is pretty clear that there was a well-planned, concerted effort to subvert the November election results. This included pressure campaigns on state governors and legislatures to falsely decertify election results, slates of false electors and smear campaigns against companies that make voting equipment to reduce confidence in the voting process. Honestly, if you can listen to that testimony and not come away thinking that there was a plot to overthrow our government, you are so set in your beliefs that no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise. If you are open minded, but have not followed it all that closely, all the transcripts are online, but you can get a very high-level summary here. If you believe that all this in unfortunate but not illegal, you can read this.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 01:20 pm
@engineer,
I disagree with everything you've said and could crush it easily, but I won't allow you to change the subject, which was my request for an example of a crime committed in Florida related to Jan. 6. I only argue one point at a time.

If, as hightor believes, Region Philbis had not intended the remark to pertain to Jan. 6, then I have nothing more to say about it. If, however, that is what he meant, then I still want one example.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 03:20 pm
@Brandon9000,
You're absolutely right 100%, and I'm sure your crushing ability is second to none.

You win, and your prize is to go and spread your profound wisdom to the rest of the internet.

Shake the dust off your shoes, leave this place behind and reach for the stars.

Toodle oo.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2022 10:02 am

next televised hearing has been re-scheduled for 10/13 @ 1:00 PM ET...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2022 05:44 am

today @ 1:00 PM ET...

yesterday, HCR wrote:
Tomorrow afternoon at 1:00, the House Select Committee to Investigate the
January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol will hold its last public hearing. It is expected to
vote on whether to refer Trump to the Department of Justice for criminal charges. Then,
on Wednesday, it is scheduled to release its report, which is said to be around 1000 pages.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2022 02:22 pm

https://iili.io/HzeQc8u.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 04:14 am

https://iili.io/HzeP4kv.jpg

#LockHimUpAlready

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 04:06 pm
One of the good things about shooting off my virtual mouth in a place like this is the certainty that the commentary has absolutely no impact on the flow of the issues and events that are commented on. I can have an opinion that’s just as wrong as a three dollar bill, and it doesn’t really mean anything- outside of the slim possibility that my ramblings could move the discussion into more stimulating or enlightening areas.

That said, I want to change my opinion about the likelihood of a federal indictment for Trump and the others behind the events of 1/6. A week or so ago I did a 180° turn from my total skepticism, and posited that now an indictment was surely coming.

Put me down as doing another turnabout. Now the completed 1/6 committee report is out, and it’s chock-full of unambiguous evidence against Trump et al. And now it’s looking to me like our entire government AND our media are doing everything they can to look the other way.

They prosecuted 700+ foot soldiers. I hate it, and wish I didn’t, but right now I’m feeling like that’s all they intend to do.

Please - somebody, if you can, convince me I’m wrong this time.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 11:02 am
I know I contradicted myself between the time I said there will probably be a Trump indictment of some kind. Things shifted and now I don’t think anyone’s going to touch him. Especially Merrick Garlands DOJ.

In Brazil, 1500 arrests were made the DAY OF a failed insurrection, AND they’re going to get Bolsonaro extradited to face charges. Compare that to what the DOJ did within an entire year. I mean, make it make sense!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 11:33 am
@snood,
Lula was president when the Brazilians assaulted the capital.

Biden had yet to be sworn in when Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol.

If Biden had been president I'm sure there would have been arrests made on the day.
snood

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 11:55 am
@izzythepush,
But if Biden would’ve had that kind of effect - expediting an urgent law enforcement reaction - back then, has he had any effect on moving things along since he’s been president?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 12:27 pm
@snood,
I don't know. I do know that one key feature of the allegations is Trump's refusal to set security forces in.

Had Biden been president at the time I don't think that would have been the case at all.

I don't know enough about the moves to prosecute Trump, or how much of it Biden is responsible for to comment.

Sorry if that sounds like a cop out but I really don't know.

It's not front page news over here, we've got a series of strikes across the public sector. My knowledge of American jurisprudence is patchy as well.

I've taken a wait and see approach. The proof of the pudding and all that.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 08:29 pm
@Region Philbis,
How did he assist an insurrection? I defy you to give one single example.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2023 01:59 am
@Brandon9000,
Why don't you answer mine?

You can't because you're not man enough to admit you're lying.

You only thing you defy is common sense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2023 02:04 am
@Brandon9000,
You wouldn't understand, you choose sycophancy over reason every time.
0 Replies