The 1/6 Committee Hearings

snood

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2022 04:35 pm
They subpoenaed Cippoloni
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2022 09:59 am
Glenn Kirshner says that now (b/c of the hearings) Trumps intentions are clear. And Merrick Garland’s are not.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/jan-6-hearing-witnesses-prove-trump-s-criminal-intent-n1297424

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2022 02:14 pm

https://iili.io/8NaPFn.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2022 02:33 pm
@Region Philbis,
I saw one of the Naked Gun films last night.

It was the one where Frank Drebben goes undercover in prison.

That bloke looks just like the prisoner who tried to bum Leslie Nielsen in the shower.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 04:27 am
Quote:
Biden castigates Trump for failing to act during January 6 insurrection:
'Donald Trump lacked the courage'

https://iili.io/S9OQ44.jpg

President Joe Biden castigated his predecessor Monday for failing to respond to the January 6, 2021, insurrection, contrasting Donald Trump's lack of action with the heroics of police officers responding to the Capitol riot.

"Every day we rely on law enforcement to save lives. Then, on January 6, we relied on law enforcement to save our democracy," Biden said in remarks delivered virtually to a conference for Black law enforcement officials being held in Florida.

"We saw what happened: the Capitol Police, the DC Metropolitan Police, other law enforcement agencies were attacked and assaulted before our very eyes. Speared. Sprayed. Stomped on. Brutalized. Lives were lost," Biden went on.

"And for three hours, the defeated former President of the United States watched it all happen as he sat in the comfort of the private dining room next to the Oval Office. While he was doing that, brave law enforcement officers were subject to the medieval hell for three hours, dripping in blood, surrounded by carnage," Biden said.

[ snip ]

In his speech, Biden said those who supported the attempt to block certification of the election could not call themselves pro-police.
"Face to face with a crazed mob that believed the lies of the defeated President, the police were heroes that day. Donald Trump lacked the courage to act," he said. "The brave women and men in blue all across this nation should never forget that. You can't be pro-insurrection and pro-cop. You can't be pro-insurrection and pro-democracy. You can't be pro-insurrection and pro-America."

In the speech, which was pre-recorded at the White House, Biden also criticized Florida Republicans for opposing gun control laws that are supported by law enforcement.

"You hear a lot of politicians about how much they love you, how much they care about you, how they'll do anything for you," he said. "In the state you're in today, Gov. (Ron) DeSantis, Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. Rick Scott, all oppose banning assault weapons."

"To me, it's simple. If you can't support banning weapons of war on America's streets, you're not on the side of police," he said.

He noted he owned two shotguns, but that the Second Amendment is "not a right that's absolute."

"When it comes to public safety, the answer isn't to defund the police. The answer is to fund the police," he said.
(cnn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 07:09 pm

next televised hearing is scheduled for 9/28, 1:00 PM ET...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 12:27 pm

they moved it up, now starting tomorrow at noon ET...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 03:57 pm
Quote:
JUST IN: The House January 6 committee has postponed its hearing
scheduled for tomorrow as Hurricane Ian takes aim at Florida...
roger

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 04:20 pm
@Region Philbis,
The hearings are in Florida?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 05:45 pm
@roger,

no, that's where one of the many crimes was committed...
snood

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 06:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
I don’t understand why the impending hurricane is a reason to postpone the hearing.
roger

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 07:39 pm
@snood,
Maybe the committee just wasn't quite ready.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 08:47 pm
@snood,
Are any of the witnesses coming from Florida?
snood

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 11:21 pm
@roger,
They’ve postponed before without giving any reason, because they can. This time they’re naming inclement weather at the Floridian Peninsula as the reason, and it doesn’t make sense to me.
snood

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2022 11:22 pm
@glitterbag,
I don’t know, but if so that would make the decision to postpone because of weather make more sense.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 12:20 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
no, that's where one of the many crimes was committed...

Can you give me an example of one of the crimes pertaining to January 6 which was committed in Florida?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 01:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Can you balance a ball on your nose for a nice juicy fish?
hightor

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 02:55 am
@snood,
Quote:
This time they’re naming inclement weather at the Floridian Peninsula as the reason, and it doesn’t make sense to me.

It's a huge storm – I think it's done as a courtesy to Rep. Murphy, as an acknowledgement of likely travel difficulties for witnesses, not wanting to compete for attention during a weather emergency, and just out of a general sense of propriety.
snood

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 05:29 am
@hightor,
Yay! Best answer. Thanks.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 05:32 am
@izzythepush,

he is the personification of the melted cheese that sticks to your fork...