Why Didn't Trump try to protect His VP during the insurrection?

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:13 pm
Mike Pence, his wife and children were in the Capitol building when the domestic terrorists attacked. How is it possible that Trump's biggest and most faithful admirer was left out without any protection?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,020 • Replies: 27

roger

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:31 pm
@glitterbag,
His name was Pence; not Trump.

What else you want to know/
glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:32 pm
@roger,
never mind.
roger

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:35 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

never mind.
OK, so I hit the slash key instead of a question mark.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:38 pm
@roger,
I was channeling Emily Latella
roger

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Heard she was cute, but I never met her.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 11:52 pm
Well, it depends on your definition of "protection."

If Pence were assassinated that day, his martyrdom would live on, making Trump a shoe in for the next Presidential election. As it turns out, Pence has no reason to think that Trump is an ally and may think of a bid of a 2024 bid all on his own.

As scary as it all may be, Trump did Pence a favor for the Republican party to unify.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 02:57 am
@glitterbag,
Take note that beside the former vic president family and staffers he had an officer carrying a nuclear football with him.
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 06:02 am
@BillRM,
Heard one of the case managers quote a Voltairism yesterday.

ANYONE WHO CAN CONVINCE OTHERS TO ACCEPT ABSURDITIES< CAN EASILY CONVINCE THEM TO COMMIT ATROCITIES.

Aint that a fact?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 07:12 am
Pretty impressive footage yesterday. There is a guy with a bullhorn in the Capital reading Trump's tweets live to the crowd, Trump calls Senator Tuberville asking about the vote and it told Pence is being evacuated, Trump then tweets about Mike Pence, the bullhorn guys reads it to the crowd. Crazy how anyone wants to give Trump a pass on this.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 08:24 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Mike Pence, his wife and children were in the Capitol building when the domestic terrorists attacked. How is it possible that Trump's biggest and most faithful admirer was left out without any protection?

I suspect it had lots to do with the fact that Trump is a thoroughly evil son-of-a-bitch.

Yeah...I think that is the answer.
BillRM

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 01:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
What get me is people was getting hurt and even killed by this mob an there was more then enough force in the city to deal with this mob within minutes.

Call out The Old Guard unit with bayonets no need for thousands of national guard solder even to deal with the problem a few hundred soldiers or less with fix bayonets would do the job.

Would have love to had watch George Washington old body guard unit meeting the paramilitary Trump supporters.
BillRM

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 02:02 am
@BillRM,
Come to think of it with congress that is part of the seat of government directly under attack by Trump mob the current commander of the old guard COL Patrick M. Roddy Jr. would likely to had earn the Congressional Gold Medal if he had on his own send the Old Guard to protect the congress.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 07:10 am
@BillRM,
one squad of Seals coulda done em all, and sorted em out. Wvwn th ex military mobsters were too busy smearing feces on walls to keep their missiom in mind.

Since the vote is already not in doubt (the klan members will acquit), Im glad they will be taking a voice vote so they are on record nxt election.

The majority of voters and right of center Americans areNot part of this. I think a significant proportion of The 74 million voters for Trump have already made up their minds to "never again" get caught trusting the irascible, self absorbed nutcase that is Trump.

snood

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 10:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think a significant proportion of The 74 million voters for Trump have already made up their minds to "never again" get caught trusting the irascible, self absorbed nutcase that is Trump.

I haven’t seen or heard anything that makes me think this is reasonable optimism. I think what I woke up to realize on November 5th, 2016 was that there is no level of ignorance or insanity to which we can predict the people that voted for Trump will not sink.
engineer

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 10:25 am
@snood,
Yes, if Trump is on the ballot with an R beside his name and there is someone else with a D, they will still vote for him.
snood

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 11:44 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Yes, if Trump is on the ballot with an R beside his name and there is someone else with a D, they will still vote for him.

That’s so narrow a scenario that I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic to offer it up.

Of course I was not just referring the possibility of them voting for Trump again. It’s not even a clear probability that he’ll even be in a position to run.

What I was obviously referencing is that there are a large number of our countrymen that I learned I cannot ever again make assumptions about - assumptions based on “reasonable man” metrics of morality or common sense.

And they will still be making crazy, destructive decisions in 2022 and 24.

engineer

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 01:37 pm
@snood,
I was agreeing with your doubts about Farmerman's comments.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 07:29 pm
This current batch of zealots are so good at distracting people. I watched Mitch McConnell vote to acquit, then stand up to provide a blistering condemnation of Trump...........Don't be fooled, what he really wants is to sic the Biden administration on Trump so that Mitch and his accomplices can clutch their pearls and warn their supporters that Biden wants to ruin the country. They will be supporting Trump in order to keep his followers and because Americans are so ridiculously impatient it won't matter how many problems Biden fixes.....Mitch will keep distracting by harping about the deficit and demanding tax cuts ..... And it just might work. I miss the old Eisenhower Republican Party.
Ben Makes Things

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2021 10:54 pm
@glitterbag,
"Don't be fooled, what he really wants is to sic the Biden administration on Trump...."

So, this forum has been dead.......even when I was here it was on it's way out. Although, I always liked Glitterbag's comments. Eloquent and precise. It's really shocking to revisit, and compare personalities from the past.

We've gone from reasonable to reactive...