The 1/6 Committee Hearings

hightor

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2022 06:18 am
@snood,
Quote:
Because (those defending giving it so much attention say) it’s an indication of the veracity of all her testimony.

I don't think it's attacking her veracity – as you point out, "she said clearly it was something that was relayed to her, not something she witnessed herself" – as much as it is people trying to defend Trump. It's like that scowling picture of him holding a bible in front of a church. When some people mistakenly said he was holding it upside down the MAGAtards all rallied to correct the insult – while completely ignoring the impropriety of the "made for TV" display.

I guess the guy freaks out when he's in big vehicles:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.fMaTXXJKzm26ZF2Uu7RueAHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
snood

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2022 08:07 am
@hightor,
Why feed into the empty frenzy? Especially if all you’re effectively doing is engaging with people who mindlessly defend Trump.
snood

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2022 08:09 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
The media insults everyone’s intelligence
can you blame them?

not too many rocket scientists in MAGAland...

Unfortunately (as you see in this very thread), MAGATS aren’t the only ones fanning the flames of the empty-ass “debate” over whether or not Trump attacked his driver.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2022 08:36 am
@snood,
Quote:
Why feed into the empty frenzy?

Because it's a story which has been prominent in the news since it broke and the different ways in which people react to the story – and to the stories about the story – are of interest to me and might possibly interest some of the other half dozen people who are active in this thread.

Quote:
Especially if all you’re effectively doing is engaging with people who mindlessly defend Trump.

If someone wishes to mindlessly defend Trump by claiming the story is false what's the harm in posting accounts which dispute their claims? Why is it different from posting articles showing that Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are ineffective at treating covid? Frankly, I will publicize any story which diminishes Trump, whether or not I'm engaging his mindless defenders.
snood

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2022 08:56 am
@hightor,
Do you
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 08:35 am
Rep Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) tells CNN there are new witnesses who have come forward to Jan 6 Select Committee after the testimony of Cassidy Hutchinson.

Could be interesting.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 09:37 am
@snood,

can't wait...

https://iili.io/jAC1Zx.gif
snood

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 10:00 am
@Region Philbis,
Me neither. I’m curious about who is coming forward, and wondering how Hutchinson’s testimony motivated them. What I mean is, were they inspired just by her actions in coming forward, or if it was the fact that they perceive her as being glorified and wanted to get some of the glory.

I know these are things that we can’t exactly expect them to talk about, but I will be looking for signs of grandstanding or bandwagon-ing.

Hopefully whoever the new witnesses are have the temperaments and the information that make them as compelling witnessing as (I must admit) Hutchinson turned out to be.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 11:16 am
@snood,
Quote:

It’s exactly like the way the media made so much of the leak about the SC Roe decision - who leaked? And, why did they leak? And, what does the leak say about the security of the information? And on, and on… While the thing we should have been laser focused on was what the **** we are going to do when they strike down Roe, and what the **** striking down Roe is going to mean.

I would've liked some discussion on whether the people should accept the level of secrecy government entities enjoy. How often is it that info leaked is somewhere in the range of enlightening, to things we've the right to know? Clarence Thomas threw quite the little fit over this, and his arguments were nothing more than abstract appeals and not compelling.
0 Replies

miyako

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 12:53 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I will publicize any story which diminishes Trump,

Do you feel the same way about all, which is 100%, of the other usa war criminal prezes? Because that would be what decent human beings would do, right? For guys that have been the equivalent of the world's baddies, like Hitler, PolPot, a usa ally, funded, supported militarily and diplomatically, ... .
hightor

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 01:15 pm
@miyako,
Quote:

Do you feel the same way about all, which is 100%, of the other usa war criminal prezes?

No. You're just using whataboutism and not sticking to the subject.

Quote:
Because that would be what decent human beings would do, right?

Not necessarily.

Quote:
For guys that have been the equivalent of the world's baddies, like Hitler, PolPot, a usa ally, funded, supported militarily and diplomatically, ...

Sure, Trump's international despotism is comparable to other U.S. presidents, but this discussion, if you haven't noticed, is about the Jan 6 insurrection and Trump's complicity in that event. His response to losing the election is unparalleled in U.S. history. Even Nixon had more respect for our democratic institutions – he lost a squeaker in 1960 but never cried "fraud!" and he accepted the result. Trump's erratic behavior, his authoritarian mindset, and the level of his domestic criminality are unprecedented.
miyako

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 01:29 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No

Quote:
Not necessarily.

Quote:
but this discussion, if you haven't noticed, is about the Jan 6 insurrection and Trump's complicity in that event.

True. I'll only note how little regard you seem to have for all the other MASSIVE war crimes and the resulting deaths of over/under/somewheres around 100 million innocents because poor ole lil usa has something so important that is "threatening their "democracy"!!

The "democracy" that holds Blacks to account right on the spot by choking them to death or blasting them with bullets, but "justice" for trump, nixon, ... moves at a snail's pace and always ends up being a big fat NOTHING.

Because "all men are created equal".
0 Replies

miyako

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 01:34 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No. You're just using whataboutism and not sticking to the subject.

You edited because you realized your lame "No" wasn't an actual adult response. It was a knee jerk reaction to being called on this usual usa big fat nothing which is always pumped up to being the CURRENT worse thing ever - for, as always, poor lil usa.

Conceit doesn't begin to describe these events.
hightor

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 01:56 pm
@miyako,
Quote:
You edited because you realized your lame "No" wasn't an actual adult response.

Not really...I noticed that you were using a lame debating tactic and thought it worth pointing out.

Quote:
Conceit doesn't begin to describe these events.

In fact, it doesn't describe anything related to this discussion.

Quote:
It was a knee jerk reaction to being called on this usual usa big fat nothing which is always pumped up to being the CURRENT worse thing ever - for, as always, poor lil usa.

You can say anything you like about the USA; I'm not a fan; your anti-imperialist stance isn't that far from mine. But the 1/6 hearings are significant enough to be considered on their own. It's not my fault that he isn't also being skewered for the assassination of Soleimani. Why don't you start an
"anti-imperialist-bash- the-USA" thread?

Quote:
The "democracy" that holds Blacks to account right on the spot by choking them to death or blasting them with bullets...

Interesting that you would use this example – Trump did everything he could to exploit confrontations between BLM protestors and police officers. That's one of the reasons we feel that his complicity should be exposed.

miyako

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 02:18 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Interesting that you would use this example – Trump did everything he could to exploit confrontations between BLM protestors and police officers. That's one of the reasons we feel that his complicity should be exposed.

Not at all interesting. It allowed me to make two points in one. You ought to have noticed where I, tho' admittedly not clear as a bell, pointed out another major usa fault, there is NO justice system for the powers that be. The ONLY reason Trump might receive some "justice" [quotes because that concept is alien to the usa] is because of his intransigence. But even that remains to be seen.
0 Replies

miyako

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2022 02:21 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Not really...I noticed that you were using a lame debating tactic and thought it worth pointing out.

My deepest apologies! I allow and admit that truth and reality are always unwelcome in usa "debates" so what do you suggest I do, do you want me to mcconnel, cruz, how about pelosi or maybe go full bore and trump my comments.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:47 am

https://iili.io/wIKPLb.jpg
snood

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 01:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks, RP. It’s must-see stuff, as far as I’m concerned.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 02:56 pm
I sure hope the committee doesn’t take the bait and allow Steve Bannon to testify while televised live. I think his level of toxic narcissism would risk anything, including perjuring under oath and lengthy prison time, to make a clown show out of the hearings. I think he’d do ANYTHING to be allowed to be the biggest show - if only for a few hours.
mesquite

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 03:37 pm
@snood,
I think the committee is much too savvy to fall for such an obvious ruse.