Ergonomic seating at your computer, anyone?

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:44 pm
Interesting, Walter! I've never seen one of those before! Looks great! Very Happy BUT I'll bet it cost an arm & a leg, yes?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:51 pm
More, msolga, my arm and leg as well.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:53 pm
But you COULD get them in Australia as well! (The factory isn't very far from here - but that doesn't make them any cheaper, though.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:55 pm
I'll definitely check that out, Walter. The same brand name, I assume?
But, I suspect that cost might be a small impediment! You could LIVE in a chair like that!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:57 pm
There's a link for them - I think, however, only for children furniture (something about 500 AUS$).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:02 am
A little expensive for me right now, Walter. Sad But thanks for putting the idea in my head, though. Something for later, I suspect. I'm definitely interested!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 08:18 am
Well, Moizi 7 looks great to me...

The trick, I gather, is to keep your spine moving - if not by your chair, to do it yourself. One rigid posture is not the answer, from what I've read, no matter the inititial comfort of the position. So, Roger's wee "chair" seems very good for that.

I use a fairly low priced chair from Staples, an office supply store. Since it now seems all wrong on its own, I've added some small pillows which keep falling to the floor when I get up... I hate it.

I'm going to take a look at drafting chairs one of these days - I like the high one I have for work fairly well. The only thing that moves on that once the height is set is the back, which is a bit flexible. However, it might not be the chair that is so good, but that I get up and move around a lot at work.
0 Replies