Mom of Slain Soldier Stages Bush Protest

eoe

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 06:05 pm
Amen.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:39 am
steve,

i completely understand where you are coming from and i as well empathize with their situation. however, as i said before, i find it difficult to wholly blame our administration. it was a serious of unfortunate events that led to going into iraq. for any "person" in particular it started with their choice to join the military. Then saddam decided to violate a boat load of UN stuff. then we sanctioned him a bunch of times. etc, etc.

we can argue until we are blue in the face about whether or not it was the right decision to go into iraq, but i doubt we will ever see eye to eye, which is perfectly fine (that's the beauty of it). it was not just one decision that led to any single person being in iraq defending our country. if any of any of the decisions made was different, that person in particular might not be there. but to wholly blame the situation on one single decision made along the way (whether it was right or not because any of the other decisions could have been right or not just the same), IMO is simplifying the situation.

i do agree with the fellow who wrote that article that it is ironic that we train people to be so violent yet discourage violence at home, however there is alot of other training that goes into the military. My brother in law, while yes learning to shoot people open sight with a m-16 from 500 yards out, also learning to operate and program computers. he learned to profile suspected terrorists which he is now applying in getting his criminology degree.

Anyway, i find it a series of unfortunate events that led us to be in iraq. and it stinks. i feel for everyone who has lost someone over there, but regardless of whether or not we should have gone over there we have to finish it. i can't imagine the backlash if we just pulled out. it would incentivize terriorists everywhere to do just what they are doing now and the US will whimper off into the corner and lick their wounds.

i am extrememly hopeful that we will find a way to finish what we started. i also have a cousin over there and my ex-uncle (used to be married to my aunt) who is aiding in rebuilding their technology infrastructure. so again, hats off to anyone who serves in the military, i thank every military person i see these days (which is lot given where i live).
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:08 am
what choice did we give her...
thanks for your post dragon but tell me what choice did this girl make and others like her because the administration had a plan sorry a hunch???

http://www.robert-fisk.com/bloodied_child_3.jpg

We need stop making excuses and start demanding some accountability, most people tend not to see the gravity of the situation until someone they love gets hurt or tragically dies. I believe in basic human values the right to live without fear of aggression or torture and tyranny from anyone.

This whole thing stinks and i am not prepared to continue swallowing the lies!
If we have any moral upstanding we need to stop shying away from voicing our contempt and disgust at random acts violence be it group terrorism or state terrorism, there is no excuse for either!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:31 am
i agree, she had no choice, but it was not the sole choice of our government that caused her to get hurt. saddam made choices, terrorists made choices, etc. i am not asking you to swallow lies because as i said, we can debate forever as to whether or not we should have gone over there in there first place, and we will never come to common ground, and i respect your opinion completely.

i agree, i would voice away at random acts of violence, but i don't think us going into iraq was one (again debatable till we are both blue in the face). but regardless we are there now, and if we just pulled out at the behest of terrorists, i don't think their random acts of violence over there would just stop. and i think their random acts of violence over here would escalate because it would enforce their resolution because we did cave to their demands because of their violence. its a fine line we are walking now.

even if bush were to come out and say, hey i made a mistake, we shouldn't have gone it, what difference would it make? maybe it would make some people feel better because they were right, but would it make the terrorism stop? would it make iraq a safer democracy? would it encourage other countries to have better relations with us? would it make bin laden feel all warm and fuzzy and stop attacking us? i doubt it. i think it would make us look even weaker as a nation. i believe he is doing what he thought was right (again reasoning is debatable) and he is sticking to that. he is standing up for what he believes in, just as the woman outside his ranch is, and he isn't wavering on it (and i am not implying she is).
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:19 am
That's the problem dragon... Bush got so far in that if he did pull out, all terrorists morale would rise! Remember 9/11, I clearly remember feeling angry as I saw footage of middle east ppl rejoicing!?! Even IF (big if) Bush now thinks the war is wrong, what can he do?

I understand where stevewonder is coming from. Imagine another nation coming to America (or Canada) saying that they need to free us from opressors, how woud you feel? Some may feel glad for the fresh hope of freedom. But the blood and carnage would be visible in our own backyards! Seeing your parents/friends/neighbour/family die! War is obviously ugly.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:44 am
oh i completely see where he is coming from. however, are we really seen as oppressors? to some maybe i guess, but my uncle who is over there setting up tech infrastructure said he gets thanked at least 10 times a day by the iraqi people for helping them get rid of saddam.

and yes war is ugly. i was deprived of ever meeting my grandfather who died in the korean war-my mom was 5. i can't imagine anyone who likes it (terrorists aside).

yeah and i doubt he thinks the war is a mistake. i also doubt he went to war for war's sake, i have to believe that he actually had a purpose, and oil wasn't it (its already titled to russia and france anyway, but i guess helping to produce it keeps prices down-except today--$67/ a barrel? and makes US companies money).

i met GW a long time ago when i was a swimmer at U Texas. He used to work out in the varsity weight room (he was governor then). i honestly believe he did what he thought needed to be done. i would prefer to have some one who makes a decision and stands by it, than someone who wavers when people start questioning him (and i am not saying that liberals do this, simply contrasting because it is a question of character and that crosses party lines).

you all probably think i am snowed. but it's what i believe.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:23 pm
Quote:
oh i completely see where he is coming from. however, are we really seen as oppressors? to some maybe i guess, but my uncle who is over there setting up tech infrastructure said he gets thanked at least 10 times a day by the iraqi people for helping them get rid of saddam.

Dragon given the size and persistancy of the 'Insurgency' in Iraq i think you need to contextualize your uncles experience with his Iraqi co-workers who would be pleased given they have a job, unlike the greater populartion who not only have no job, but no water, food, shelter, electricity, sanitation etc,

i think you are kidding yourself if you think Iraqis are overwhelmed with joy with our 'liberation'. I am sure we all agree the myth of flowers being thrown at a 'liberating army' has been firmly exposed as nonsense.

By the way what are your thoughts on the fact that the Iraqi government is run by the supreme Council of Islamic revolution in Iraq??? Thats what Bush has given Iraq.........A theocratic state thats all we have to show for this project so far.

Any how here some guys who your uncle hasnt met..........

http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraq202b.jpg
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 05:11 pm
Finally,Its okay to be anti-war
Mother tips the balance against Bush

Cindy Sheehan's vigil outside the President's ranch has galvanised the anti-war movement - and provoked a vicious political slanging match. Paul Harris reports

Sunday August 21, 2005
The Observer

Candles were lit all across America last week in one of the largest single anti-war protests in recent US history. At more than 1,600 vigils tens of thousands of protesters gathered in solidarity with the woman who has been the catalyst for the rebirth of the anti-war movement: Cindy Sheehan.

Her remarkable one-woman stand outside George Bush's Texas ranch has turned into a national phenomenon - and one of the most vicious political slanging matches in recent US history. On the pro-war side, Sheehan has been derided as a traitor to America, betraying her dead soldier son's memory. On the anti-war side she has become a secular saint, laden with the powerful imagery of the avenging mother roused to action. For them, she is the lone soccer mom who is taking on Bush - and winning.

Either way, Sheehan is the most talked-about woman in American politics. She might also be Bush's worst public relations nightmare. For months Washington has been awash in speculation of a 'tipping point', when the majority of American public opinion turns finally and permanently against the war. Many now believe that Sheehan has provided that final push. 'It has definitely tipped now,' said Professor Steve Zunes, a political scientist at the University of San Francisco.

The power of last week's vigils was hard to ignore. They took place in areas as diverse as Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Oklahoma City. From outside the White House itself to tiny Concord, New Hampshire. From small towns in the Midwest to big cities on the coast, no state was left untouched. From Red States to Blue States, the effect was to galvanise the anti-war movement in a way nothing else has done since the American-led invasion more than two years ago.

Sheehan's protest began simply enough. Mourning the loss of her soldier son, Casey, in Iraq she camped outside the ranch where Bush is holidaying for the summer. She vowed to stay until he left or she spoke with him face-to-face. Pitting a lone protester against the President would seem to have been an uneven battle. But, as Sheehan's camp and cause swelled in numbers, she became the story of the summer. In Sheehan v Bush, it is the grieving mother who has landed the big punches so far.

Poll after poll shows that a majority of Americans believe Iraq has been mishandled. A Gallup poll last week showed 54 per cent believe it was a mistake to send troops to Iraq. Bush's approval ratings have slumped to the 30s. The analogy with Vietnam and the steady bleeding away of support for that conflict is a strong one.

'You can see that once support for the Vietnam war dipped below 50 per cent, it never came back,' said Professor Rick Stoll of Rice University. That has now happened with Iraq.

But questions remain on the political impact of the collapse in support for the war. With Bush in his second term and unable to seek re-election, there is no direct political pressure on him to change policy. 'A President can fight an unpopular war for years if necessary,' said Stoll. But many Republicans in Congress will be fighting tough elections in 2006. If the situation in Iraq has not improved by then, the war could become a millstone around the party's neck and inflict some serious losses. So far, however, there are few Democrat politicians advocating a swift withdrawal from Iraq.

But that could change as the anti-war movement spreads - and it is now attracting some powerful followers. Backing Sheehan in Texas are other parents who have lost children in Iraq. They have been joined by some Iraq veterans who have now left the military. FBI whistleblower Coleen Rowley has also arrived in Texas, as has Becky Lourey, another mother who has lost her son in Iraq and a state senator in Minnesota.

Many anti-war protesters believe their political clout can only grow as they start to run for office. They take as a lesson a recent local election in Ohio where an Iraq war veteran, running on an explicit anti-war platform, came within a whisker of defeating a Republican opponent in an area of the state where Republican support is strongest.

Republican analysts have responded with a ferocious attack on Sheehan and her supporters. This week an attack ad produced by a Republican strategist will start airing on CNN and Fox. It features Deborah Johns, whose son is serving in Iraq. Johns explicitly attacks Sheehan. 'Cindy Sheehan certainly does not speak to me,' Johns says in the ad.

Other attacks have been more brutal. Sheehan has been the subject of relentless assault by right-wing radio and TV commentators such as shock jock Rush Limbaugh and Fox TV's Bill O'Reilly. She has been accused of anti-semitism over remarks about America's policy towards Israel and dismissed as the dupe of left-wing groups.

The effect on Sheehan's personal life has been disastrous. She recently left her camp, vowing to come back, to visit her mother who has just had a stroke. Her husband has filed for divorce and members of her family have condemned her protest. Despite this, she has remained defiant. In a conference call with reporters last week she said it was worth it: 'I put myself out there and I'm willing to take it.'

She has certainly proved herself media savvy. It has helped that she has come to prominence in August when news executives are desperate for a running story and the White House press corps struggles to file stories during Bush's five-week stay at his ranch. She also has the practical help and backing of powerful liberal groups such as MoveOn.org. It is not every grieving mother who can organise national conference calls, appear regularly on national TV shows and run a sophisticated internet campaign that is probably now the anti-war movement's most powerful tool in organising events across America.

Sheehan has undoubtedly exposed deep fractures within the American public. But for every parent of a soldier in Iraq joining her, others have been swift to condemn her campaign. Some parents have travelled to Sheehan's camp to take down crosses commemorating their dead children.

One such was Gary Qualls, whose son died in Falluja. 'I find it disrespectful,' he said. A Crawford resident drove his truck over the field of crosses by the roadside. Yet another fired his gun over the heads of the protesters.

Yet Sheehan has become the lone voice that kick-started a chorus. Whether Bush agrees to her demand for a meeting (and it is unlikely he will) is now largely irrelevant. The political legacy left by her summer of protest will last far longer than the ramshackle tents of Camp Casey lining the roads outside Bush's ranch. 'This is now about far more than Cindy Sheehan. She has given people the confidence to speak out about the war that they didn't have before. Finally, its OK in America to be anti-war,' Zunes said.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:54 am
I like your picture stevewonder. Look at these dudes. They look like a couple of regular guys that just wan't are ass out of there.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 11:33 am
stevewonder wrote:

Dragon given the size and persistancy of the 'Insurgency' in Iraq i think you need to contextualize your uncles experience with his Iraqi co-workers who would be pleased given they have a job, unlike the greater populartion who not only have no job, but no water, food, shelter, electricity, sanitation etc,

according to this fellow who has been over there, we have given a lot of people water and electricity...i think i may have posted this else where too so forgive me for repetition...

letter from a soldier

no, i don't believe they are throwing flowers at our feet or anything of the sort. but i do believe they are much better off with us there than they were to begin with. does that justify us going in there in the first place? that's debatable and i doubt we will agree on it (which is ok).

i do however feel cindy sheehan has every right to stand up for what she believes in. she is doing that and i have no problem with it as long as it breaks no laws (which it doesn't), hurts no one (which it hasn't), and she doesn't profit monetarily from her son's death (which she hasnt thus far).

i also think the guy who ran over all the crosses was an ass, and i am republican and seriously hope no one believes that all righties think that was a great idea-that guy was disrespectful beyond belief. as far as the guy who shot his gun, well, having lived in texas and having known many a "country" texan it was what he thought best to keep it quiet in his town, albeit misguided from most people's point of view-it just isn't seen as strange in that part of texas (to most of us, yeah, we think wtf was that guy doing).

steve wonder,
i am afraid that if we leave, the insurgency and terrorists (recognizing they are two different groups) will continue to do what they are doing until they control iraq again. i doubt us leaving will stop the car bombings, etc, and it would give the terrorists that much more to go on when dealing with america in the future. they already believe that having forced the spanish to leave via violence they can control spain's actions in the future through violence, and i for one don't want them thinking that of the US.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
Dragon thanks for your post,
Okay we can agree to differ on some issues, but tell me are you content with the reality that near enough 2,000 Of our sons and daughters have been killed and near enough 20,000 have been maimed just to establish the Islamic republic of Iraq an absolute embodiment of Iran??
thats just insane to me?!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 01:52 pm
i wouldn't call it content. i would say that i feel they died nobly in the service of their country. do i wish they didn't die? of course. do i wish my grandfather hadn't died in the korean war so i would never get to meet him? of course. do i wish we could bring them all home in the blink of an eye-you bet yer ass i do. any time a life is lost i am not content.

no not content in the faintest sense. and i must read more on your belief that we established the islamic republic of iraq-an embodiment of iran before i comment on that. what i see is a government rebuilding itself to the best of it's ability under a democracy with three distinct political groups, each wanting something different. again, though i must research more on that before i comment.

i do think though, with no stretch of the imagination that the iraqi people are better off now than they were under saddam. i will read more on your statement of islamic republic stuff-do you have a link? i am open minded about all this so i will research what you have said and come back to you.

its funny, you have the avatar as mysterman i think and i keep confusing you too - sorry Sad
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:26 pm
Dragon have a look at my post on page 2 of this forum
entitled

'USA battles to fulfill Ayatollah Khmenais dream'

The article explains how the Supreme Council for Islamic revolution in Iraq was reated by the clerics in Iran and trained for 10 years in iran when Saddam exiled them.

These are the people the US have put into power in Iraq its unbelieveble! 2000 soliders died for Clerics? to take over Iraq???
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:27 pm
also read:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1553862,00.html
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:29 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050820/ts_nm/iraq_dc;_ylt=Au8a84EcN3.6lbIue7kuDLes0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:30 pm
and

http://direland.typepad.com/direland/2005/08/bush_caves_in_t.html
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:30 pm
and

http://www.juancole.com/2005/08/islamic-law-primary-in-iraqi.html
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:32 pm
the fact is despite the boasts the US administration is in so much trouble in Iraq it has conceded in allowing the foundations of an Islaimc Republic to be created in iraq.
This is the shock of what our troops are dying for!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
steve,

i have read all that you posted and then some. i will reserve my decision for when the actual constitution is decided upon, voted on, and written into law. i would not discount completely the resolve of the US. i find it hard to believe that we would go over there, remove saddam and then install a government that is based on islamic religious beliefs giving much leeway to clerics. it sounds to me from other things i have read, that the main point of contention is federalists states and that sunnis are afraid they won't be able to cash in on oil as they are in the middle of iraq.

and the constitution still has to get voted on by the poeple, and if they don't agree with it, its back to the drawing board. i see it as we are helping them set up a government that is best for them and if they the people of iraq don't like what gets written in the constitution, they will vote it down and leaders will be forced to hear them and start over. sounds much like a democracy to me. just because it gets approved one way now by the negotiators of the three groups, doesn't mean the iraqi people will pass it. they still have the right to vote it down.

and it is that right that i see we are helping with them. i guess we just see things in a different light. because to me, we are helping them set up an iraq for the people, by the people-democracy. if they vote in islamic whatever, then that's what they feel is best for them, the people because they have yet to vote on anything. i don't think we are talking about extremists here either that think it is ok to blow up infidels and if we "let" them for an islamic state they are going to declare holy war on us.

i feel more like its hurry up and wait.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
Woman of principles
Wether you agree with her or you dont, you've gotta admit this woman kicks ass! Respect to her and her courage, a true american woman, embodying the american spirit, truth, freedom and justice.

Go For it Cindy!

Quote:
My Response to George As He Speaks from his Vacation away from his Vacation

The Peaceful Occupation of Crawford - Day 17

By Cindy Sheehan

08/23/05 "BuzzFlash" -- -- "President Bush charged Tuesday that anti-war protesters like Cindy Sheehan who want troops brought home immediately do not represent the views of most U.S. military families and are 'advocating a policy that would weaken the United States.'"

Bringing our troops home from the quagmire that he has gotten us into will be weakening the United States? George: even if you pretend you didn't know that Saddam did not have weapons of mass destruction and Iraq was not threat to the USA before you invaded -- Americans know differently. We have read the reports and the Downing Street Memos. We know you had to "fit the intelligence around the policy" of invading Iraq. I want to know what your real reasons were.

"In brief remarks outside the resort where he is vacationing, Bush gave no indication that he would change his mind and meet with Sheehan after he returns to his Texas ranch Wednesday evening. Sheehan lost a son in Iraq and has emerged as a harsh critic of the war."

I will be back in Crawford George: Even closer to you now in Camp Casey II. Why don't you channel some courage from my son and come down and face me. Face the truth. Your house of cards built on smoke and mirrors is crumbling and you know it.

"Sheehan has been maintaining a vigil outside Bush's ranch, a demonstration that has been joined by more and more other anti-war protesters."

Because I am not the only one in America who wants the answers, America wants the answers.

"Bush said that two high-ranking members of his staff already met with her earlier this month and that he met with her last year."

I didn't go to Crawford to meet with Steven "Yellow cake uranium liar" Hadley or the other "high ranking" official they sent out. I went to meet with George. Does he get that yet? I did meet with him 10 weeks after his insane and arrogant Iraq war policies killed Casey and 9 weeks after I buried my oldest child. George: things are different between you and I now.

"'I've met with a lot of families,' Bush said. 'She doesn't represent the view of a lot of families I have met with.'"

I never said I did. I want one answer: What is the "noble cause" MY son died for. There are also dozens, if not hundreds of families from all over the country who want to know the same thing.

"On Iraq, Bush said that a democratic constitution 'is going to be an important change in the broader Middle East.' Reaching an accord on a constitution after years of dictatorship is not easy, Bush said."

A Democratic Constitution? Is anyone else insulted that he thinks we are stupid and think that the Constitution they will form in Iraq will be democratic and insure equal rights to all citizens? Does anyone else know what "democratic" means? It simply means majority rule. Not some high-minded, free-floating, pie in the sky ideal. It means 50 percent plus one. Up to 62% of Americans think our troops should be coming home soon. That is a majority, so why don't we force our employee, the president, to do what we want him to do?

"He spoke after the head of the committee drafting Iraq's constitution said Tuesday that three days are not enough to win over the minority Sunni Arabs, and the document they rejected may ultimately have to be approved by parliament as is and submitted to the people in a referendum."

Another sham election where the country is shut down for the day and no one knows what the heck they are voting for?

"'The Iraqi people are working hard to reach a consensus on their constitution,' Bush said, speaking outside the Tamarack Resort, in the mountains 100 miles north of Boise. 'It's an amazing process to work. First of all, the fact that they're even writing a constitution is vastly different from living under the iron hand of a dictator.'"

As hard as George is working riding bikes and taking naps? If he cares so much about an Iraqi Constitution, why doesn't he take some time from his busy vacation activities and read the US Constitution. He may find out that he started an un-Constitutional war in Iraq. He may lose some sleep over it. (What am I saying?)

"'The Sunnis have got to make a choice,' Bush said. "Do they want to live in a society that's free? Or do they want to live in violence?'"

Too bad George didn't give them that option before he invaded and occupied their country, resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people. I bet they would choose to live in a peaceful country free of foreign occupiers.

"He said he thought that most mothers, regardless of their religion, would prefer to live in peace rather than violence."

Amen to that George. You got one thing right. Thanks to you and your lies the people of Iraq are suffering from a tragic and unnecessary war and my son was violently killed and ripped out of the heart of our family.

"He said Rice had assured him that the rights of women were being protected. 'Democracy is unfolding,' the president said. 'We just cannot tolerate the status quo.'"

Then bring our troops home. The status quo in Iraq is awful. Besides the Iraqi people suffering from lack of adequate infrastructure, clean water, and medical attention, our troops still don't have armored humvees or the proper body armor. I got a letter from a soldier over in Iraq who says that he feels like an innocent man in prison. All of the soldiers and Marines who contact me say that they were lied to about the "mission." They were told that they would be rebuilding the country and all they are doing is trying to survive so their moms won't go through what I am going through.

I think the Camp Casey movement is taking a hold and growing because America is sick of the status quo. We are sick of needless death and suffering on both sides. We are sick of paying for a war with our taxes and with our lifeblood that is not making our country more secure. George: your employers cannot tolerate the status quo, either.

"On Sheehan, the grieving mother who has camped near his ranch since Aug. 6, the president said he strongly supports her right to protest. 'She expressed her opinion. I disagree with it,' Bush said. 'I think immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be a mistake,' he said. 'I think those who advocate immediate withdrawal from not only Iraq but the Middle East are advocating a policy that would weaken the United States.'"

This is the biggest smokescreen from him yet. I didn't ask him to withdraw the troops, I asked him what Noble Cause did Casey die for. I am still waiting for one of the press corps to ask him that. I am still waiting for that answer.
First, we were told WMD's: false.
Then we were told Saddam=Osama: false.
Then we were told Saddam was a bad man to his own people and we had to get rid of him: he's gone.
Then we were told the Iraqi people had to have elections: they did.
Now we are spreading "freedom and democracy" but we are building 14 permanent bases, some the size of Sacramento, Ca. To me that indicates that we are spreading the cancer of imperialism and usurping THEIR natural resources.

"Bush has scheduled more than two hours to meet with family members of slain soldiers Wednesday at the Mountain Home Air Force Base near Boise."

I am just asking for an hour from his vacation, and he just has to come down the road not travel to Idaho. I wonder if any of the hand picked family members will ask for what noble cause their child died for. I hope so.

"Bush said he planned to go on a hike and have dinner later Tuesday with Kempthorne and the Idaho congressional delegation. Bush said he also planned to spend 'quality time' with first lady Laura Bush, who is traveling with him."

I would give everything I own, will own, or have owned to have one more glimpse of my son. Dare I even say...one last hug or phone call? How dare he go on vacation and live a normal life when he has ruined mine by his lies? How dare he take 5 weeks off when he is waging a devastating and needless war?

"Bush, who is seeking to quell growing criticism at home over the Iraq war, told the Veterans of Foreign Wars national convention in Salt Lake City on Monday that 'a policy of retreat and isolation will not bring us safety.'"

His policies of preemptive wars of aggression for power and greed don?t bring America safety, either.

"Bush made a rare reference of the U.S. military death toll -- more than 2,000 killed in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. 'We owe them something. We will finish the task that they gave their lives for ... by staying on the offensive against the terrorists, and building strong allies in Afghanistan and Iraq that will help us win and fight -- fight and win the war on terror,' he told the VFW convention."

How does he honor the soldiers by killing more of their buddies? People say Casey is ashamed of me and I dishonor his memory! I knew my son better than anyone on earth and I know he is appalled by the continued carnage in his name. George: you can't win the war on terror by killing more of our soldiers and innocent Iraqi people. You are breeding more terror. And judging from the fact that you are now tied with the worst president in US history (Nixon) in your abysmal poll numbers, the people of our country realize this too and want you stopped.

Learn more about Cindy at http://www.meetwithCindy.com or about Gold Star Families for Peace at http://www.gsfp.org.
0 Replies