Could we be living the future of the future?

Misk

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 02:14 pm
Could the universe be going in reverse of our perception of time and we are simply creating the unknown past through the answers we decide upon in the future? It technically explains everything but also could mean it created itself and didn't exist until now and thus contradicts itself by reversing its own flow of time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,349 • Replies: 19

The Anointed

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 06:54 pm
@Misk,
Quote:
Could the universe be going in reverse of our perception of time and we are simply creating the unknown past through the answers we decide upon in the future? It technically explains everything but also could mean it created itself and didn't exist until now and thus contradicts itself by reversing its own flow of time.

TIME, is not a one directional forward linear flowing stream, but is multi-directional. There in neither Past nor Future only the ever present.
Misk

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 07:12 pm
@The Anointed,
But we can somewhat control the future, and we have recorded the past. The concept of time, or the illusion, is completely theoretical. The fact is we experience change over a space, not physical but mental. What I am saying is we could be experiencing a universal problem that is created by its future solution. It would explain much. It also explains why we can't understand time, as time is by this method reversed and we create the perceived last in the relative future by creating the solutions to problems we encounter. For instance, by personal relativity I created the solution of walking, preceded by countless billions before me, to solve the problem of inefficiency. I was not the first nor the last, but it is the solution I found. Similiarly, perhaps the future finds the solution to the problem and thus the rest of the past fills in with the solution; this is a paradox that produces yet destroys itself, as it implies that we are in it but were not until it was first mention, or even conceptualized.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 07:41 pm
@Misk,
The only way we can control the future is by changing the past. We can create the present, but we cannot change it.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 10:06 pm
@The Anointed,
What if there were those with the ability to mentally regress along their genetic thread of life and mentally merge with an ancestor who they once were, and influence that ancestor to do something that they know was not done in their families past history, and in so doing, change future events?

Would there not be many different futures in the same futuristic spacetime?
The Anointed

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2022 10:28 pm
@The Anointed,
Do we all have the ability to regress into our innermost being and mentally merge with the mind of our ancestor and to mentally re-live the life and times of he/she, who we once were?

Come travel with me on a journey through time Not in some capsule but in our own minds To the innermost sanctuary will we descend To that single cell from which we began In the Holy of Holies where all are one Where all of space and time is joined We’ll mingle there with other minds From other lands in other times Minds of the past who seem dead and gone And minds of the future who are yet unborn. For they in their times whether here on this world Or some distant planet to which they’ve been lured Will enter their innermost sanctuary too And perhaps in there they might merge with you. Ah! To travel through space in the wink of an eye Merged with a child from some world way up high Now, if this is but madness then madness it be But, come my mad brothers, come----follow me! ……… The Anointed.

While drinking from God’s fountain, that vast and endless sea
I felt a strange sensation, as someone else there drank of Me. ……the Anointed.

Carl Sagan in his old TV program, which I believe was called “The Cosmos”, speculated that a two dimensional being having length and breadth would experience his world as a one-dimensional world.

Having only length and breadth and no height, it would not be able to look down on any two-dimensional object in its world and would only see a line which would appear to be the length of the object, irrelevant as to which direction it was seeing that object from. Unless the two dimensional being was lifted up by some unseen force, it would never know that the objects in its world had breadth as well as length.

When referring to the fourth dimension I am speaking of the Minkowskian notion of time as being the fourth dimension. As in the fact that we can move forward and backward, [One dimension], sideways, [Two dimensions], up and down, [Three dimensions], and through time; [Four dimensions], and not that which is called 4- dimension Euclidean space.

Are we fourth dimensional beings, who are able to mentally traverse time?

Are we fourth dimensional beings, who, in a state of deep meditation or hypnosis, are able to mentally regress into our inner most being where space and time are as one, and relive memories back to and beyond our own birth, and there, are we able to merge with a living mind of our past [Who we once were] and experience the life and times of our living ancestor?

And while merged with a mind of our living ancestor, [Who we once were] would our comatose body in the present, sometimes speak in the tongue of that ancient ancestor, which language is totally foreign to the comatose person in question, while the ancient ancestor in his own time, babbles incomprehensively, sometimes speaking in a strange tongue, in the as yet unknown language of his future descendant, in his attempt to give form and terminology to the visions that he is receiving from the mind of his as yet unborn descendant of the future, which terminology to express such visions have not even developed in his point in time?

Could that person be seen as a prophet, when speaking of a giant grasshopper that spits fire from its tail, with wings above its head that sound like the roaring of a mighty waterfall, in his attempt to describe a Black Hawk helicopter as seen in a vision while merged with the future mind?
Misk

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 12:49 pm
@The Anointed,
The point that I am attempting to make is that the universe has many mysteries, and science is here to attempt to unravel those mysteries. What if science is merely the regression of knowledge down to the fundamental aspect of the universe, reversing the process that we see the universe take, and thus putting us humans against the true flow of time? What if the universe is shrinking and we just think it is expanding? What if entropy is ending but we see against the reality of time and see it as only increasing? what if hte reason we cant understand the past is because it is the future, and we can somewhat make predictions of the future because it is the past?

if nothing else it would make an excellent movie plot
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 01:16 pm
@Misk,
Misk wrote:

Ummm...you live in a state where pot is legal, right?
The Anointed

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 09:24 pm
@Misk,
Quote:
What if the universe is shrinking and we just think it is expanding?

Just as your body, on the day of it's birth, began its return to the elements from which it was created. So too this universal body began it's return to the singularity of it's origin, a moment after the Big Bang.

God has already begun the process of gathering all creation back to himself, after which, he will create a new heavens and a new earth.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 09:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Reminds me of a Sid Caesar routine from his old show.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 10:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Reminds me of a Sid Caesar routine from his old show.

Another universe may have preceded ours, study finds. May 14th, 2006. Courtesy Penn State University and World Science staff.

Three physicists say they have done calculations suggesting that before the birth of our universe, which is expanding, there was an earlier universe that was shrinking. To arrive at their pre-existing universe finding, Ashtekar’s group used loop quantum gravity, a theory that seeks to reconcile General relativity with quantum physics.

These two seemingly fundamental theories are otherwise contradictory in some ways. Loop quantum gravity, which was pioneered at Ashtekar’s institute, proposes that spacetime has a discrete “atomic” structure, as opposed to being a continuous sheet, as Einstein, along with most us, assumed. In loop quantum gravity, space is thought of as woven from one-dimensional “threads.” The continuum picture remains mostly valid as an approximation. But near the Big Bang, this fabric is violently torn so that it’s discrete, or quantum, nature becomes important. One outcome of this is that gravity becomes repulsive instead of attractive, Ashetkar argued; the result is the Big Bounce.

Paul Steinhardt of Princeton University, a cosmologist who has explored some related concepts, wrote in an email that the new research “Supports, in a general way, the idea that the Big Bang need not be the beginning of space and time.” The universe “may have undergone one or more bangs in its past history,” he added. Steinhardt and colleagues have also proposed a bounce of sorts, but it’s different. It could turn out that the two scenarios are equivalent at some deep level, but that’s not known, he added. Steinhardt‘s scenario makes use of string theory, another attempt to reconcile General Relativity with quantum physics. Some versions of string theory portray our visible universe as a three -dimensional space embedded in an invisible space having more dimensions.

Our zone, called a braneworld [the word comes from its similarity to a sort of membrane] could periodically bounce into another, parallel braneworld. Such an event might look to us, stuck in a few dimensions as we are, as a Big Bang. “I don’t know if Ashetkar’s case translates into a bounce between braneworlds like we are describing,” Steinhardt wrote. But by his estimate, this cataclysm won’t take place for another roughly 300 billion years—so there is hopefully plenty of time to answer the question.

Just as the Big Bang theory has been evolving over the years and is continuing to evolve as new data becomes available, these big Crunch theories that are just beginning to emerge are still in their infancy.

Because three-dimensional time as we know it, does not exist prior to the Big Bang: from the return of the universe to the supposedly infinitely hot, infinitely dense and infinitesimally small singularity of origin to the next Big Bang when three dimensional space and time would begin, it would appear that no time had elapsed, thus [As I believe] the erroneous Big Bounce theory.

“According to the ancients, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time. A universe that exists in the two states of seemingly visible matter and invisible energy.”

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being too non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis 2: 4; as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth,” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; it is written concerning the six days of creation; “These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc.” And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection, are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles of endless rebirths that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

Enoch the righteous, wrote that God created an ‘EIGHTH’ day also, so that it should be the first after his works, and it is a day eternal with neither hours, days, weeks, months or years, for all time is stuck together in one aeon, etc, etc, and all who enter into the generation of the Light beings, are able to visit all those worlds that still exist in Space-Time, but not in our time.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 10:16 pm
@The Anointed,
Huh, that also reminds me of an old Sid Caesar routine from his old show.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 11:07 pm
@Misk,
Quote:
if nothing else it would make an excellent movie plot

Perhaps glitterbag might be able to come up with some old Sid Ceasar routine to help you in creating a comical movie plot, the poor sick kid has to be of some use.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2022 11:56 pm
@Misk,
Are we debating the Ontological validity of Phenomena?
As I will assume no one will dispute the phenomenology of Time what does it mater its domain is not classically considered fundamental?
A pragmatist would argue that it is the most fundamental thing for us "bios"...
The most fundamental domain is the domain that fits our Nature as Humans...
Our "experiencing"phenomenology has an Ontology of its own.

This all thing reminds me of the egg n chicken debate, or the cobra eaating its tail...more it reminds me just how tribal we are in trying to get closer to the "source" to "win" the day...look, there is no winning, and the source is everywhere!
There is no Ontology without Phenomena, nor phenomenology without a bedrock which is meaningless on its own.
The epistemic dilemma is just entertainment while we try to get distracted before we die! Ya all have a nice day now!

The Anointed

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:25 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
.more it reminds me just how tribal we are in trying to get closer to the "source" to "win" the day...

Well, it speaks to me how intelligent we are, in trying to get closer to the realities that lie behind the apparent sensual realities that our physical bodies of this three dimensional world, relay to we, of the inner spiritual developing minds=spirits.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 08:57 am
@The Anointed,
Honestly I'm well half way convinced we might be the dumbest mammal around.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 03:01 pm
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Honestly I'm well half way convinced we might be the dumbest mammal around.

You are using the royal 'WE' I presume.
0 Replies

Gregory A

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 04:19 am
@Misk,
Wouldn't the future then be providing the answers if not the convention it is the present that is doing this. The flow of the universe is pretty much irrelevant to us. Life started when things were near as stable as they are now so it wouldn't matter which direction we were taking. Maybe what you are saying is going over my uneducated head on the other hand. Time to me is a measure of the rate of motion nothing chronological involved? The hours, minutes & seconds degrees of the earth's rotation, the days the earth's rotation, the weeks phases of the moon set to the Babylonian calendar. The months the obits of the moon, the years the orbits of the earth around the sun. Each having nothing whatsoever to do with each other as measures. Just different rates of motion that our analogue to digital devices clocks and calendars allow us as a reference.

I'm a new here hoping someone can explain a particular phenomenon I've encountered that may relate to Time and and yet still only appears to exist. Maybe your theory might help explain it. Who knows?
0 Replies

Gregory A

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 04:56 pm
@Albuquerque,
We mistakenly believe we are intelligent creatures when our intelligence predominates in relation to other creatures only. That's while not being predominately intelligent creatures ourselves. A situation made worse by our primal emotions still being dominant. These things a guarantee the emotionalist Left will win around 95% of its battles with the Right over time.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 06:41 pm
@Misk,
A top down approach to reality certainly makes more sense then stating the Universe came out of nothing and is expanding into nothingness and will end one day as the last black holes evaporate along with the brown dwarves and other such oddities...

One of the most annoying concepts around is "Emergence", one that would be explained out of the magic bag of confusion we have currently by taking a perspective which goes backward in time, from the most amount of information and Qualia to the least.

That all summed up and explained you have a problem there with your phrasing on your metaphor on the future of the future...if you just wanted to say that the future is the past or the source or the origin you must disenfranchise yourself from common lingo...we have a deep problem in language right now and growing faster, as we advance our Science and our concepts get outdated giving rise to deeper ideas we are often trapped in tricked word games...you see that which was always there is only eternal present, Being, it does not really flow...there is no actual motion in any direction, just "materialized logus", or order, The Order, although as we cannot have it all in one go and be conscious, we must perceive it as evolving!

Now the final dilemma between what should we pick to live with...
Is it the Noumena which is eternally true and just a dull brut fact, or the trickery of the phenomena by which our Biological "life" has meaning and is full of "events"? What would you pick and does it make sense to pick a side?

You see a spin up on the talk could allude the the Ontology of Phenomena themselves as being just as categorical as the source, Time is irrelevant, and thus categorization is ultimately irrelevant...

The Order of Reality is on itself and for itself meaningless...it doesn't ad or subtract anything!
In conclusion and yes this is about Set Theory and about fractals and concepts like size or what belongs to what, what comes before what, you see none of it makes sense...second order categories are just as real as first order categories or sets...they all each in its own domain EXIST!

...after all, and as I always say, dreams are real dreams if someone dreamed them!
No one owns it, no one created it, and no one will destroy it, as that which truly IS, is forever True!
0 Replies