Poll: Happy St. Patrick's Day 2022! Doing anything special for it?

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2022 04:21 pm
Hi. Happy St. Patrick's Day 2022!

As of the time of the posting of this, today is the holiday.

Are you doing anything special for it?

I'm not really. I know they had a few parades in NYS earlier today as of the time of posting of this. I didn't go to any or watch any online or on TV.

I don't know about any of the St. Patrick's Day parades they hold here in the Bronx. I have only been here in the Bronx, as of the time of the posting of this, for about a month.

I know the parades they have in my old town in upstate NY, Binghamton, aren't worth writing home about. My mother and I have watched parts of one of the parades they had there.

Did anyone here watch any parades earlier today?

I'm busy and I have things to do. I am taking care of personal business and I am focusing on getting myself together. I don't have time for doing things like watching parades, at least not during the week.

What about you?

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 940 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 09:37 am
We took a world cruise - we left St Paddy's afternoon and pulled back in this morning. It was so restful and edifying. I loved the Seychelles, though my wife just fell in love with the Galapagos.

It was expensive, but as your grandmother used to say, There's nothing like the St Paddy Day holiday!"
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 11:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Most of Mr Goldman's threads about holidays involve a lot of parades, they seem to be parading all the time where he lives.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 11:23 am
@JGoldman10,
Boston's parade is this Sunday in south boston. I only attended once when I was a young adult and yes then I went to a local Irish bar and had overpriced green beer that on a normal day would be less watered down and half the price. But you need to live it once.

I heard our mayor is causing a stir by making the route significantly shorter...my opinion ...that is dumb ...you will just have the same amount if people squished into a smaller area.

But I am not attending so really no skin off my back.
0 Replies