SJay123

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:19 am
Hiya all, anyone heard of RADA that performing arts college? Well i'm guessing you all have lol! Anyway i really really want to go there but i haven't got a clue how you get in, how good you have to be, what grades you need in dancing, singing and acting or if you need any music abilities, if you could help me out with any websites about it or any information i'd be really grateful Smile
Sarah
xxx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,631 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:20 am
Hi SJay, welcome to a2k.

I've known a few people who went to RADA. It definitely has a great reputation.

Here's the website: http://www.rada.org/
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:23 am
Not been there myself but if you want some people to talk to there is a showbiz paper in the UK called The Stage that has an online forum, you can chat to others in the same situation.
www.thestage.co.uk
0 Replies

SJay123

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 03:16 pm
Thanks alot! I'll check those websites out.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 03:45 am
As far as gradaes going it's a bit like applying for an Art College - they honestly don't care about your grades it's all about how well you can perform.
I'm pretty sure the entire application process is multiple observed classes and workshops during which they assess your potential.

And... let's just say you've got to be GOOD. This isn't a school for people who are reaching their potential... maybe. This is for the guys who are ready to go professional NOW. Some of my friends were dead set for strong As in Drama and Dance, and sung to boot and were told don't even bother applying
0 Replies

Claira Yn Cymru

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:50 pm
After working with many teachers from RADA through various projects - what I've found out is that they have two criterias - for young students 18-22 (you have to be over 18 to apply for any degree course in UK - sually) they look for commited, engaging, exciting young pupils who they will be able to teach well - they look for the content of your character and not necessarily mind blowing acting ability - just the potential in you - as far as grades are concerned - good grades in english would be a plus - but other than that no grades are specifically required - however would be a good idea to take a BTEC national diploma in performing arts or a foundation degree in perfoming arts before applying as they only accept 30 kids a year - so - quite frankly - theres gonna be thousands of applicants with amazing grades and criteria and uness your exceptional - its unlikely youll get in unless you prove that you are good andf comited to the academic side of the coourse. For more mature students they look at experience and previous grades reating to performance arts that have been attained - they look more at the quality of work than when auditioning younger students.

The auditioning process standard procedure for british dram colleges is usually two 2-3 minute monologues - one fgrom shakespeare or his ontempories and a modern play - only one may be addressed to the audience - and depending on what discipline you wish to study then there may also be a required song performance or dance workshop.

If its the idea of going to a British theatre college that inspires ou take in to consideration there are over 20 fantastic ones in the UK - aswell as RADA theres also guildhall, webber douglas, central school of speech and drama, lamda and many many more.

A good tip for getting in is to read and go see as many plays as possible as its inevetable that you will be having an interview where you will be asked about your personal interest in theatre - also to be a member of a prestigous youth theatre - like for british kids - usually its the national youth theatre of GB or Wales or ENgland/scotland/ireland who are seen as true candidates - im sure theres american ones too that are great.

most of all its important to research contact as many people as possible who can give you information

good luck

Claira
xsx
0 Replies