Putin's war

Lash

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 11:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In Germany?
hightor

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 11:51 am
Bear in mind that Zelensky's role is different from that of the other world leaders – calling out other countries by demanding direct action and more materiel is his duty to his besieged country. The leaders of NATO have different responsibilities, one rather important one being the prevention of a nuclear detonation on or above a battlefield. Suggesting that Germany's dealings with Russia are equivalent to those of the countries which averted their eyes from the Holocaust is a bit hyperbolic and believe it is tailored to his Ukrainian audience.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 12:20 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
In Germany?
What "in Germany"?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 12:23 pm
@hightor,
When you compare his speeches to other parliament, you'll notice that all were tailored according to the audience. (I wonder what his speech in the Knesset will look alike.)
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 12:32 pm
@hightor,
Interesting article, but the ideas presented potentially apply to nearly everyone in a position of power or authority, not just totalitarian dictators. History is full of the failures often well - intentioned leaders of a wide variety of organizations (including those of relatively democratic governments) who become trapped in a world of, once realistic, assumptions that no longer apply; or otherwise become unquestioning consumers of their own propaganda. The essential point noted in the article, regarding the continuing necessity for internal dialogue, dissent and consideration of other perspectives remains applicable to all.

Putin has so far been a very successful and canny leader who has, made significant progress in achieving his stated goals of reassembling the former Russian/Soviet Empire. He has successfully conned the governments of several European Nations into the belief that they can cooperatively draw Putin's Russia into eventual alignment with Western Liberal values. Unfortunately for him, that appears to be over now, and the accumulating evidence suggests that the internal rot that infected the authoritarian Soviet system may remain alive in his Russia, and likely precisely because he has retained the same authoritarian form of "leadership".

All that said, Putin remains dangerous, and the suffering & destruction he is inflicting on Ukraine continues. His so far unanswered threats of Nuclear war (or something like it) , repeated just yesterday by his Acolyte, Dimitry Medvedev, should remind us of the serious risks attendant to the lack of adequate deterrence.

The widespread revulsion with his actions is encouraging, and the unexpected strength & endurance of the Ukrainian resistance, quite inspiring, but they alone aren't likely enough to bring Putin down That should certainly be our goal in dealing with the issues at hand.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 12:36 pm
I don't think it really will happen, but the 45th session of the World Heritage Committee is scheduled in Kazan, Russian Federation, 19-30 June 2022.

I wonder, if any of the World Heritage Sites in Ukraine become something other than ruins.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 01:33 pm
The European Space Agency has suspended its €1bn ExoMars mission, a joint project with Russia that was due to launch a robotic rover in September. Member states of the ESA voted on Thursday to cancel the launch due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The Mars rover, named Rosalind Franklin, was assembled in the UK ahead of a planned launch aboard a Russian rocket. After travelling to Mars on a German-built spacecraft, it would have been shepherded to the surface by a Russian lander. Now, instead, the rover will be placed in storage for the foreseeable future.

Rosalind Franklin is the second stage of the joint European-Russian mission. The first part, a satellite called the Trace Gas Orbiter, was launched in 2016 and is studying the planet’s atmosphere. It was also supposed to act as a telecommunications relay for Rosalind Franklin when the rover arrived.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 03:48 pm
Truth bombs away.

https://www.facebook.com/curtDYves/posts/4857318130981922
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 03:56 pm
@Builder,
Bombs away at any rate.

Who the **** is Curt D. Yves, and why is the only trace I can find of him online is facebook????????

You hide your source, you don't even make a point.

Tell me how unclear and non-transparent my cites are again!!!
izzythepush

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 04:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That sounds like a joke name.

What amazes me is that after years of posting the most delusional horseshit imaginable he still believes anyone takes him seriously.

That has to be the most delusional thing of all, it puts the Queen being a lizard in the shade.

Actually, the Queen doesn't like the shade, she has a big rock under a sun lamp, as is the Royal way.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
He's easy mope slapping. He has to paid off by the Roooskies.

He's at a loss without coldoint, oralloy, Max, brandon, to play beck and call with. By himself he is weak as tea.
izzythepush

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 04:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It's why Richard I went to the Holy Lands in the first place. He flourished over there in the desert only become sickly and dying from vitamin D deficiency caused by lack of sunlight, that and being shot in the shoulder during the seige of Chalus-Chabrol.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 05:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Cross bows were the devil's contraptions.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 05:41 pm
Yes, it's all a conspiracy, folks. Move along; nothing to see here.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Mar, 2022 07:11 pm
@Builder,
Funny stuff coming from Mr Conspiracy his own self.

You haven't said exactly what's on your mind but I bet it's a doozy, I read that stuff. So what? What's its relevance to anything, specifically about Putin's war?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 06:53 am
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has warned of disruptions to civil air traffic caused by the Ukraine war. Since the beginning of the Russian invasion, interference with navigation signals used in air traffic has increased, according to a safety information published on the EASA website. Regions relatively far from the war zone, such as the Mediterranean and Finland, were also affected. The disruptions were either due to "interference" with satellite positioning signals or to their "misuse", it said.

EASA Safety Information Bulletin
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 07:04 am
One of Putin's top paratroop commanders, Col Sergei Sukharev, killed on Ukraine frontline
Mar 18 2022

The death of Col Sergei Sukharev, of the 331st Guards Parachute Assault Regiment from Kostroma, was confirmed by state TV in Moscow.

His deputy Major Sergei Krylov was killed alongside him, said the report.

They were among a number slain from the “glorious” Kostroma regiment, seen as among Russia’s most elite fighting forces.

Russia acknowledged that senior sergeant Sergei Lebedev, sergeant Alexander Limonov and corporal Yuri Degtyaryov were also killed.

Killed, too, in the latest Ukrainian fighting was military intelligence officer Sergey Vishnyakov, of the GRU’s 22nd Separate Special Forces Brigade.

Amid Russia's botched battle for Hostomel Airfield about 30 miles outside the capital Kyiv, one of Putin’s top generals - Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky - was among paratroopers shot dead in a major blow to the Kremlin’s war plan to annihilate Ukraine.

And Georgy Dudorov - the elite paratrooper son of one of Putin's KBG pals - was "shot by artillery while performing a combat mission" amid reports from US intelligence that the Russian army has lost some 30,000 soldiers since the war began - including hundreds of paratroopers.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4922934/top-paratroop-commanders-killed-ukraine-frontline-battlefield-massacre/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 08:02 am
Russia's chances of participating in the (football) World Cup in Qatar are close to zero: the team is not allowed to play Poland in the play-offs.
This was confirmed by the International Court of Arbitration for Sport Cas.

CAS media release
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 08:11 am
The world is experiencing a credible threat of nuclear war from an aging Soviet KGB madman, who is confronting humiliating defeat and internal betrayal that he fears may lead to assassination.

So, why the **** do I turn on the teev to see an incredibly rare news conference from THE PENTAGON, DISCUSSING IRAN?

Does not bode well.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 18 Mar, 2022 08:37 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
So, why the **** do I turn on the teev to see an incredibly rare news conference from THE PENTAGON, DISCUSSING IRAN?
Does not bode well.

A couple of days ago Lash wrote:
Not every war gets the same coverage as Russia's invasion — and that has consequences
(Bold by Lash)

1. Forums
  2. » Putin's war
  3. » Page 39
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:23:05