Putin's war

Lash

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 09:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Ukraine is obv getting plenty of attention and donations and a lot of wonderful refugee assistance.

Yemen is desperate for a fraction of that help. You don’t want them to have any?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2022/03/04/1084230259/not-every-war-gets-the-same-coverage-as-russias-invasion-and-that-has-consequenc

Not every war gets the same coverage as Russia's invasion — and that has consequences

March 4, 20222:47 PM ET
MALAKA GHARIB

Builder

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 11:30 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
You don’t want them to have any?

These people think Obama did Libya's people a favour, despite Obama expressing "regret" for "not having a plan for after invasion/liberation", depending on whom is discussing the street murder of Libya's loved leader.
glitterbag

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 11:41 pm
@Lash,
Why would you think I have no interest in the terrible suffering of other people? I hope you are not saying we should ignore Ukraine because there are problems elsewhere. Perhaps you should send your list of priorities to the DOD and explain your desire for elimination and priorities of all the world's anguish.
glitterbag

Sun 6 Mar, 2022 11:44 pm
@Builder,
I don't know who you think are "these people", but I would love to hear what Australia is planning. Perhaps you started a nonprofit, educational program for those in your country who want to help all the disadvantaged. Let everyone know so we can contribute.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 12:29 am
Denmark’s prime minister has called for the country’s citizens to overturn the country’s opt-out from EU defence policy in a referendum to be held on 1 June, following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 02:42 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Why would you think I have no interest in the terrible suffering of other people? I hope you are not saying we should ignore Ukraine because there are problems elsewhere. Perhaps you should send your list of priorities to the DOD and explain your desire for elimination and priorities of all the world's anguish.

Snork
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 02:49 am
@glitterbag,
Yemen has been going on for a long time.

It was raging when Trump was in Saudi Arabia licking the crown prince's arse.

I don't remember any mention of Yemen at all from the usual suspects, nor was there any mention when Biden snubbed the Crown Prince.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 02:49 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Perhaps you started a nonprofit, educational program for those in your country who want to help all the disadvantaged.

Thanks for confirming your ignorance for the readers. The people of Libya had a first-class education and health system; in fact, it was streets ahead of any other western nation. Obama sent the nation back to slave trading days, looted the gold, sold off the water "rights" to France, and left them for dead.

Walter Hinteler

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 02:54 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
The people of Libya had a first-class education and health system; in fact, it was streets ahead of any other western nation.
Oh.
izzythepush

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 03:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And the Queen is a lizard.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 03:11 am
@glitterbag,
I also remember that on your Kashoggi thread someone spent all her time attacking Democrat politicians instead of looking at MBS' murdering and Trump's supine behaviour towards him.
snood

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 04:22 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I also remember that on your Kashoggi thread someone spent all her time attacking Democrat politicians instead of looking at MBS' murdering and Trump's supine behaviour towards him.

Yeah, why IS that?
izzythepush

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 04:37 am
@snood,
There has to be a good reason why a Sanders supporter would spend all their time attacking Democrats and giving Trump a huge free pass.
snood

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
‘Tis indeed a quandary
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:00 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Why would you think I have no interest in the terrible suffering of other people?

Because of your words

glitterbag wrote:

Maybe it's time Angelina gets over to Ukraine and puts in a word for Europe.

I think the world can spare a bit of attention and financial aid to help children who are chewing off their hands due to starvation. I really wonder about people like you who try to make jokes about the situation. There is nothing funny about it.
glitterbag

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:17 am
@Lash,
I don't know what kind of people raised you, but I am not making jokes about the cruel treatment so many people are suffering from the hands of uninvited aggressors. I spent too many years working to keep us all safe. But that's a difficult aspect of Government employment for some people to grasp, the unawares either think we are "Deep State" or lazy lumps. But on the other hand, who cares what some people think.
izzythepush

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:27 am
@glitterbag,
Yemen has been going on for a long time so when someone waits until the invasion of Ukraine to feign concern for Yemenis it's natural to think they have an ulterior motive.

I lost all respect for Jolie when she started licking William Hagues arse, anyone who supports that slimy **** is not to be trusted.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:34 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think the world can spare a bit of attention and financial aid to help children who are chewing off their hands due to starvation.
You do know that Jolie is a long-time ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and has been an advocate for humanitarian causes for quite some time, don't you?
Or why do you only notice this now?

UNICEF, Save the Children, religious and other charities, private initiatives etc etc have been running fundraising campaigns for years, e.g. for Yemen.
You certainly supported them,.

And certainly the world can spare a bit of attention, but I do think that refugees literally on my frontdoor from a war less than one thousand kilometres away do need my (our) help now instantly - as did those, who lost their homes and everything a couple of months ago in the great floodings here. (And there's still a lot to do.)
Brandon9000

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Exactly what I just said - "unfair economically to the United States." Pledging money that they then don't pay." It was right and proper that he chastise them for it and, for motivation, threaten to leave.
Brandon9000

Mon 7 Mar, 2022 07:37 am
@hightor,
Has it occurred to you that after having asked the freeloaders to pay what they promised to pay, it was good motivation to threaten to leave?

1. Forums
  2. » Putin's war
  3. » Page 24
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 03:22:41