Received a letter from a Trust for wetland preserve

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 04:56 pm
So our property is part of some wetlands ...also next to some preserves that no one owns ...I guess it is part of this preserve to protect some woods and so forth in our town.

The letter starts explaining we received it because our property abuts this preserve. Our property supposedly includes this Brook and a little land over it which is just wooded...other than the kids using it as a short cut we don't even go over there. So over this brook and past some woods there is an expensive neighborhood and there is a section that is a good amount of just wooded area.

On that side the pricey neighborhood there is a section of just woods and according to the letter people have been dumping their yard waste and it goes on to say the police have recorded it so they will enforce and charge people up $25,000. Fine it honestly doesn't directly impact me either way. As it is not on our street not visible at all so yeah nice to know that our town is so sleepy this is our police work at its finest.

Then it goes on to say for us to report any thing we see and goes saying things like if you have questions on your property line and so forth...almost sounding like they are making sure all the neighbours are not dumping our yard waste where it shouldn't be and asking us to squeal on our neighbors.

Did someone report us? Yeah we blow the leaves into the wooded area but we own that area. I've picked up the big branches that had fallen in a storm and thrown them in the wooded area. We had trees cut down that were dying and a threat to our home ...done by a professional tree company.

I can't find the letter because my husband tossed it...I do think it was a bit of a form letter as it said dear neighbor... But the envelope was hand written to us and hand signed

All I can picture is a photo of my husband with his ghost busters look blowing leaves into the woods shown as evidence of his crime.

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts to this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,190 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 08:28 pm
They would need proof of wrongdoing to take it any further, wouldn't they?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2022 08:26 am
@Linkat,
It's only wrong doing if it is outside your property. I wouldn't worry about it. I do have a pet peeve with people throwing their lawn waste into water runoffs and sewer systems. That's a fast way to get house flooding where I live.
Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2022 11:07 am
@engineer,
No we only do so on our own property. It was just a weird letter first talking just about that particular parcel and how the police put out cameras and they can clearly see who they are on their camera and how they will addreśs if it continues up to $25,000. Then saying to help them by reporting anything you might see. Well we cannot see that area where we live.

Then it continues about things like all the neighbors are dumping outside properties and property line. I know my neighbor across the street cut back some bushes and trees next to his property as the road curves there and the vegetation was growing into the street ...you can't see very well or use the sidewalk where it is overgrown. Someone drove by and told them it is protected and he can't touch it. So instead we have a safety situation.

I don't see anyone in our neighborhood doing anything harmful and it is typically on their own property.

Its probably complaints from the neighborhood behind us we just abut it from our backyard.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2022 07:07 pm
@Linkat,
wetlands, under a 404, are already protected against environmentl encroachment. Fine and reparations are tasked by your tate Dept of Environments Quality and the US ARMY COE.
0 Replies