RIP Ivan Reitman, 75...

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 05:27 am
Quote:
Ivan Reitman, producer and director of 'Ghostbusters,' has died at 75

Ivan Reitman, a storied producer and director behind some of Hollywood's biggest comedies, has died,
according to the CEO of Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group. He was 75.

Reitman was behind classics like "National Lampoon's Animal House" starring John Belushi, and "Stripes,"
starring Bill Murray, John Candy and Harold Ramis.

Reitman's directing credits also include "Twins," "Kindergarten Cop," and "Junior," all starring Arnold
Schwarzenegger, and "Dave," starring Kevin Kline.

He served as executive producer on 1992's family-friendly hit "Beethoven," its sequel, "Beethoven's 2nd,"
and the 1994 TV series featuring the beloved St. Bernard.
He also produced "Space Jam" in 1996, which saw NBA legend Michael Jordan teaming up with Bugs Bunny
on the court, and the 2021 version starring LeBron James.

Reitman helped produce 2009's Oscar-nominated "Up In The Air," which starred George Clooney and Anna
Kendrick and was co-written and directed by his son Jason Reitman...
(cnn)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,712 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 09:46 am
Ouch. I really enjoyed the products of his work. He was still the guy in the Animal House pic to me.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 01:31 pm
@Region Philbis,
It's always a sad affair when we lose such talented people. RIP
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 05:27 pm
@Lash,

https://iili.io/0PifRI.jpg
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2022 12:52 pm
For a silly screwball comedy movie, Animal House was such a hit for me. The whole movie was a snort for me but amongst the top laughs, the scene with Belushi’s character smashed the guitar of the folksinger while sitting on the stairs with all the coed girls swooned was the best!
0 Replies