Rafael PalmeiROIDS!

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 07:32 pm
http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/5576/rafearplugmeiro5vr.jpg

the booing was so loud in tranna that he hadda resort to earplugs...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 08:06 am
I know this topic is about Raphy... but as I was watching hightlights of yesterdays games, I couldn't help thinking that Jason Giambi is starting to look a bit bigger again. that plus his little resurgence of late has got me thinking...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 10:00 am
maybe he thinks the testing is like jury duty, and he's got a 3-year cheat-window?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 12:08 pm
I've been wondering about Giambi's renaissance, too...
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:34 pm
I'm of the belief that nowadays, nearly 80% of MLB athletes have/are taking a form of steroids. It's a sad reality. I'm sure that at least half of those would prefer not to, but they don't have the balls to deny the drug, and work harder to beat the steroid-using competition.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 07:20 pm
Common Ground
Union agrees to increase ban for first-time offenders

NEW YORK (AP) -- Baseball players offered to accept a stiffer penalty for first-time steroid offenders -- 20 games instead of 10 days -- along with agreeing to amphetamine tests, but their proposal Monday still fell short of what commissioner Bud Selig wanted.

In an April 25 letter to the union, Selig called for a 50-game suspension for an initial positive test, a 100-game ban for second-time offenders and a lifetime ban for a third violation.

Union head Donald Fehr's response said Selig's proposal was meant to quiet criticisms of baseball's current policy, not deter steroid use.

"We share your concern about the criticism our program has received, and, in response, the players have demonstrated, several times now, their willingness to take all reasonable measures in response," Fehr wrote.

Nine players have been suspended this year under the MLB program, with Baltimore's Rafael Palmeiro the most prominent.
(more here...)
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:58 pm
I prefe Selig's approach.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 05:43 am
i think the 3rd time offenders are gonna have a tough time finding a new gig anyway...
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:55 pm
I agree, teams don't want steroid abusers who have gotten caught. Besides the fact that it can make them very injury prone, they will attract negative attention to the ball club.
0 Replies