Old-Time TV commerical

Seizan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 12:36 am
Just had a nostalgia attack...

Back when I was a kid in the 1950's and early 60's, there was on TV in Massachusetts a bread commercial that featured a view (looked like a small model) of a house in the winter countryside as seen from far above. The ground surrounding the little country house was deeply covered in snow, giving the impression of cozy warmth inside the house. There was smoke rising from the chimney. It seemed to be a pre-dawn scenario, and a woman's voice sang,

"The bread that tastes like breakfast
Of honey, eggs, and milk,
The bread that tastes like breakfast
Of butter and cream cheese."

I know it wasn't a Dreikorn's Bread commercial. I can't recall the name of the bread. If I can get the name, I might find the commercial preserved on YouTube.

Does anyone else from that time and space remember?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,834 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 05:30 am
@Seizan,
This probably isn't the one your looking for but it's an old vintage bread commercial Razz

Seizan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 06:44 am
@jcboy,
An interesting look at marketing back then, for sure. Kids looking droopy and tired, instantly perked up after eating a few pieces of the featured bread. Kids who eat this particular bread have almost maniacally happy faces, and so much sudden energy they seem to be on speed. Makes me Wonder how they came up with the name Wonder Bread - what was it packed with again...? The good stuff, of course.

;-)

Thanks for the memories, but you're right, it wasn't one of those.

One of the things I remember about it was the peaceful family atmosphere, as contrasted with the other bread commercials.
Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 09:16 am
@Seizan,
Seizan wrote:

An interesting look at marketing back then, for sure. Kids looking droopy and tired, instantly perked up after eating a few pieces of the featured bread. Kids who eat this particular bread have almost maniacally happy faces, and so much sudden energy they seem to be on speed. Makes me Wonder how they came up with the name Wonder Bread - what was it packed with again...?

SUGAR!
0 Replies

Seizan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2022 11:27 pm
I was just informed that it was an old Pepperidge Farms bread commercial. I'll check it out on YouTube...
jcboy

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 12:03 pm
@Seizan,
I searched but no luck. Oldest one I found was from 1979.

Seizan

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 02:37 pm
@jcboy,
Thanks. I found a few from around the that time too, but the little country cottage in the snow wasn't among them.

It would have to be a commercial from the late 50's or the 60's. I left home in 1970 and didn't watch much TV since then. I recall seeing it often as a child, so it has to be a really early commercial.
0 Replies