Keeping the factory deck

winda

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 03:59 pm
I just recently bought a new Acura TL and the factory deck does not have the bass that I want. I know that I can get a whole aftermarket system installed but I don't want to get rid of the factory deck. Anybody know how I can install an amplifier to the factory deck?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,519 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:47 pm
If you haven't much experience with installation and wiring, you're gonna be better off going with a powered, stand-alone, self-contained aftermarket subwoofer. These draw power from your vehicle's 12V electrical system, and can be fed the amplified, volume-controlled signal from the head unit's speaker outputs. Commonly, the speaker output is routed first to the subwoofer, and from there re-routed, minus the extreme low end, to the existing speakers. Very little wiring, or expertise, is needed. Any full-line automotive audio vendor should offer several models from which to choose.
0 Replies

maxpower hd

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:35 am
Crutchfield
Try going to Crutchfield

I have used them for years. They have a good selection and great customer service/technical support. They are happy to answer your questions and will steer you in the right direction. They also provide vehicle specific directions and harnesses with each purchase.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 09:49 am
Ditto on Crutchfield
0 Replies