Brian May in old sci fi movie/TV series

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 06:11 am
In what sci fi movie or TV series did Brian May (Queen) appear in late 70’s or early 80’s? Haven’t found anything on IMDB. Watching that series/movie is one of my earliest TV-memories. I only remember that he was in space suit, falling down into the space.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 07:05 am
@bookshoplady,
Are you sure it was Brian May andnot just someone who looked like him?

Having said that there were a few British Sci fi programmes around at the time. Other than Dr Who there was a series called Blakes 7 and a children's series called The Tomorrow People.

I may not be sci fi, May is a physicist in his own right and has done some science shows.

It could be a music video, Queen did the soundtrack for Flash Gordon.
bookshoplady

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:28 am
@izzythepush,
I'm sure, because my mother and I share that memory. She is 100% sure that is May and not someone look a like. You are so close with your guess, I had same thoughts that could be Blakes 7 or Tomorrow People. We checked all possible shows and movies from that time, not any luck yet.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:39 am
@bookshoplady,
May was also involved in a musical project with Eddie Van Halen called Starfleet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:43 am
Could it be something from Comic Relief, or a skit from a comedy show?

Vic and Bob used to parody Slade.
bookshoplady

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
Hmm, I'm not sure. I have that picture in my head and it feels that was some "serious" sci fi, not comedy. We are sure that's not: Space 1999, Blakes 7, Planet of the Apes, Dr Who, Battlestar Galactica, Voyagers, Lost in Space, V..
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 11:26 am
@bookshoplady,
I'm sorry I can't post links. MeTv has a list of 15 forgotten sci fi shows from the 70s. I had heard of a few but many were new to me. Google "metv 15 forgotten sci fi series 1970s"

You may find something there.
bookshoplady

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 03:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks, I will.
engineer

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 03:58 pm
@bookshoplady,
The imdb database doesn't show any movie credits for May.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 04:59 am
@bookshoplady,
engineer wrote:
The imdb database doesn't show any movie credits for May.
this is a very good indication that it was someone who reminded you of May...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 05:49 am
@bookshoplady,
Way to treat a courteous volunteer there.
Tryagain

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2022 10:54 am
@jespah,
I find it ironic that Engineer should be subjected to such vitriol and scarcasam, devoid of even a hint of trenchancy...

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
– Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, as stated by Sherlock Holmes.

It's not as if the rat the cat killed ate the malt or time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 04:58 pm
@bookshoplady,
Five posts and someone's being a jerk?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 10:33 pm
@bookshoplady,
Quote:
I only remember that he was in space suit, falling down into the space.

The beginning of this video is a video of Superman. Skip over the Superman part of the video.

Instead, Watch the second video which is (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century).

Start watching this youtube video 35 seconds into the video all the way to the end.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV Series (Aired 1979–1981)
You will see the star of the tv show in a space suit appear to be falling into space.

0 Replies

bookshoplady

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 03:33 am
@Tryagain,
@jespah, @bobsal u1553115

Off topic: U know, I don't have any patience, understanding or sympathy for people who say obvious things like is great wisdom, just to say something - or for people who defend "wisdom-tellers".

Example from real life: we were switching planes at the big international airport, which is partly closed due to renovation. The straight transit way (one without leaving the transit zone) was closed. So a group of transit passengers were just staying at the arriving gate, discussing for like 5-10 minutes, trying to find which way we should go to the our gate.

Than one person, a random passenger, who was following our discussion for a quite some time, came to me and said: "You can't go there, it's closed". And I was like: "Yeah, that's why we have a problem here! If is open, then we wouldn't have problem, right?" Than other people from the same gate running to defend that man: "There is no need to be rude, he is just trying to help." By telling us what we already know? How is that supposed to help us? And should I be grateful for that "help"?

Why do people need to do that? Next time: please, don't help. We will survive without you, really - we are perfectly fine.

And also: when I say obvious things here, you think that I'm irritating, don't you?
engineer

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 07:06 am
@bookshoplady,
What is apparently obvious to you might not be to someone else. We get all sorts of questions here. If you see something that has little value to you, you can ignore it or select the down thumb to make it disappear from your view. Taking a jab at someone who was trying to help you is far more irritating than posting something "obvious".
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 08:44 am
@bookshoplady,
Nobody's suggesting that you kiss anyone's ass here or fawn over and thank everyone. We're suggesting that you not be nasty to people who are trying to help you—and who don't know what you've tried yet.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2022 09:08 am
@bookshoplady,
Dearest Bookshop Lady, please accept my most piteous apologizes for the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune you have suffered at the hands of the hoi polloi as they are such caring souls.

Some decades ago I too was faced with a gateway conundrum and spoke to a guy called Jeff Bezos who after reiterating the obvious, said he was just a bookshop guy.

Had I known you were a serial victim of kindness and compassion, trapped in a labyrinth of the frustratingly obvious, I would have refrained from comparing you to Boudica and turned more towards Medusa.

However after contacting A2K to complain, I was met with, "Oh no, not you again!" So I will contact an acquaintance of mine who knows Brian as they both have a shared interest in astrology.

In the meantime, as you are obviously well travelled, perhaps can you assist as to the circumstances that led to the demise of Edgar Allan Poe?
0 Replies