What is Pseudoscience?

oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:37 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Izzy has a right to be angry about right wing mass shooters

If he is mad at murderers then he should direct his ire at those murderers and not at innocent posters on a2k.

TheCobbler wrote:
dictator presidents who speak nothing but lies.

That description sounds more like Barack Obama than it does any other president.
oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:38 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Sociology is a pseudoscience...
Just saying...

That is incorrect. Sociology is a legitimate field.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Why did I make this thread?
To talk about psychology as a pseudoscience.
The human mind is the least understood yet we take psychology on face value.
We accept psychology's methods as if they are somehow proven to be right.
You go to a shrink and...

I do not agree that psychology is a pseudoscience.

The human mind is complicated and there is certainly much that humanity does not understand about ourselves, but psychology and psychiatry are legitimate attempts to use science to understand and help the human mind.

That said, I've never had any first hand experience with shrinks.
oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:44 pm
@gingercookiegal,
gingercookiegal wrote:
I'm not allowed to speak truth.

The censorship here has gotten pretty bad.
TheCobbler

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:44 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
That description sounds more like Barack Obama than it does any other president.

That is because you are a racist, obsessed with your white supremacist perditious false monarch wannabe.
oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:45 pm
@TheCobbler,
Falsely accusing everyone of racism makes progressives look really silly.

Even sillier than usual I mean. It shows that progressives are unable to defend their demented ideology using facts or logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:48 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Black people have legitimate reason to be angry.

Not really. If they don't want people to defend themselves against them, then they should stop raping and murdering people.

TheCobbler wrote:
And considering the hate and torture that they have endured, I think they have been pretty patient and peaceful in their justified protests.

Self defense is neither hate nor torture.

TheCobbler wrote:
As a white guy, I stand fully with Black Lives Matter.

Why do you think it is OK for black people to rape and murder white people?

TheCobbler wrote:
I stand firmly against the racist infiltration of our police and that racist culture among police needs to change.

No such infiltration. All the racism is on the part of BLM and their supporters.
TheCobbler

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:54 pm
@oralloy,
Is psychology a pseudoscience?
https://www.quora.com/Is-psychology-a-pseudoscience

And when the psychologists can't cure you they send you to a psychiatrist who overmedicates you with a litany of psychotropics and painkillers.

Science...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:55 pm
@oralloy,
You make my point for me thanks, you are a racist.
oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 09:06 pm
@TheCobbler,
You lie and falsely accuse me of racism because you cannot defend your demented ideology with facts or logic.

Instead of lying and making false accusations against people, you should maybe consider abandoning your demented ideology for one that you can defend using facts and logic.
0 Replies

gingercookiegal

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 10:53 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The censorship here has gotten pretty bad.

If the left didn't censor, then people would see that they have no facts to back what they're saying.

Cobbler is calling you a "racist" because that's all the left has. Smearing others because they have no facts to stand on.

5 Virginia families sue Charlottesville schools for promoting anti-white racism…

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/5-virginia-families-sue-charlottesville-schools-for-promoting-anti-white-racism/
gingercookiegal

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 10:54 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Izzy has a right to be angry about right wing mass shooters

Izzy doesn't seem to mention Darrell Brooks. I can sort of understand if you've never heard of him, because left wing media like CNN are too busy covering for pedophiles like Chris Cuomo's producer who was having sex with 10-year-old girls before he was arrested. For some strange reason they never seem to mention the epidemic of violent leftist mass murderers. Darrell Brooks was a racist black extremist leftist, who just a few weeks ago ran his SUV over dozens of people at a Christmas parade killing 6 and permanently injuring dozens of others. He murdered old ladies and small children in cold blood. He had a long, violent history and spoke out about his hatred of white people. He planned to kill white people as 'revenge' for the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict.

Isn't it funny how this mass murder just happened a few weeks ago, and yet it has already been memory holed by the leftist media? Yet the same media still harangue about "January 6th" as if it was some violent event, when the only person killed was an unarmed, female Trump supporter who was shot dead without warning by a capitol police officer who was never charged in her murder?

Ain't that funny?
oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 11:09 pm
@gingercookiegal,
gingercookiegal wrote:
If the left didn't censor, then people would see that they have no facts to back what they're saying.
Cobbler is calling you a "racist" because that's all the left has. Smearing others because they have no facts to stand on.

Correct. That is exactly right.

gingercookiegal wrote:
5 Virginia families sue Charlottesville schools for promoting anti-white racism…

I hope they succeed.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 Dec, 2021 11:17 pm
@gingercookiegal,
gingercookiegal wrote:
For some strange reason they never seem to mention the epidemic of violent leftist mass murderers. Darrell Brooks was a racist black extremist leftist, who just a few weeks ago ran his SUV over dozens of people at a Christmas parade killing 6 and permanently injuring dozens of others. He murdered old ladies and small children in cold blood. He had a long, violent history and spoke out about his hatred of white people. He planned to kill white people as 'revenge' for the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict.

These BLM types are bad news. People need to always be ready to defend themselves from them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 01:38 am
It doesn't seem like anyone is here to talk about pseudo-science or sciences. This thread haa devolved into typical partisan mudslinging.

I am bored.
TheCobbler

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 01:44 am
@gingercookiegal,
Oh, so you're a racist too.
gingercookiegal

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 01:59 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Oh, so you're a racist too.

Oh, so you're a Smollett too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 02:17 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I am bored.

Why do you think it was a mistake to protect our civil liberties and prevent them from being violated?

Again, I know you are stating your opinion. I am curious as to why that is your opinion.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 02:19 am
@oralloy,
Oralloy wrote:
I do not agree that psychology is a pseudoscience.

This goes to show how low Oralloy's bar is for "evidentiary science".

If "psychiatry" is a pure science (psychiatry is the big brother to psychology) what else in his opinion is a pure science?

Any Joe Schmo with an opinion on anything is a scientist to Oralloy.

How is mental soundness achieved?

Psychiatry has its methods, how effective are those methods?

Are there more effective methods that psychiatrists do not use?

And as with many things, cured people no longer need to pay for treatment. Cured people are bad for business. So there is there the motivation for many to keep people addicted to treatment?

How do we know that it is not a scam?

Endless drugs and counseling... suicide...

Is there a better way to fix mental problems?

A better approach to mental trauma?

Did Freud get it right?

The current method is to get a patient to recall the trauma.

Wouldn't reliving the trauma only intensify the pain associated with it?

Rather than magnifying trauma why not try and dispose of it?

But disposing of it might negate the necessity for treatment...

See how this works?

But suppressing or negating trauma can have deleterious manifestations. Worse than magnifying it?

Really?

How do we know that the psychiatric approach is the right one?

People just trust and assume it is.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 25 Dec, 2021 03:10 am
@TheCobbler,
Don't waste your time with such vermin. Oralloy has already said the Sandy Hook child murderers were acting in self defence.

I'm sure There's some weird sexual thing going on there.

And the other one is the latest sockpuppet from Coldjoint.