Siblings Envy Me

nycdad

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 07:59 am
My siblings? I never told you but growing up, my parents, especially my dad, placed me on a pedestal, gave me almost everything I asked for, etc. This special treatment ignited envy and jealousy among my siblings. Until this day, my two brothers and only sister recent me, especially my brother xyz (not going to reveal his name in an open forum).

You see, when xyz was born (July 1966), my mother didn't want to have a baby. My brother xyz never knew this fact. However, xyz always wanted to know why I got all the attention and special treatment.

So, xyz asked my dad about it. Why does GF get almost everything he wants? My dad explained that people with anxiety issues need special attention, special treatment. This is true. I am not above the rest but needed my parents more than they did growing up.

Moreover, my dad also told xyz something that he should have never known. When my brother xyz was born in July 1966, my mother did not want to have another baby. However, xyz misinterpreted that situation about his birth. In his mind and in his heart, xyz thinks that my mom never wanted him, in particular, to be born.

Nothing can be further from the truth, of course. My mom simply didn't want to have a baby in 1966, especially after giving birth to me the year before. Ever since that day, xyz envies and recents the mere mention of my name.

He simply does not like me at all, even more so than the rest of my siblings. I hope this gives you an idea why my siblings dislike me and why they never invite me to family gatherings. Can you relate?

You say?

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 10:59 am
What have YOU done to make amends to at least a few relatives that you might feel like cherishing?
nycdad

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 03:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
I have done everything I could to make things better but to no avail. For example, send Christmas cards, gifts, voicemail messages, you name it. My only son decided to shun me in the summer of 2016. I haven't seen him since. At 56, all alone and forgotten. That's the story of my life.
Mame

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 06:04 pm
@nycdad,
So, consider yourself lucky. If they don't appreciate you, they don't deserve you. Find others in common with you. Seriously. There's nothing more you can do, so move forward. Stop the pity party, if there is one going on ... find people who value and appreciate you. They are out there. Family is who you choose. The ones you're born to/with are often not 'family'.
nycdad

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2021 09:50 am
@Mame,
You are right. I will do exactly that....
0 Replies