Moronic non vaxxers screw up medical treatment for the rest of us, AGAIN

Wed 24 Nov, 2021 06:36 pm
Covid Live Updates: Strained Massachusetts Hospitals to Reduce Elective Procedures

State health authorities cited pandemic staffing shortages and other causes for the order to cut back on scheduled, nonurgent procedures. Europe’s health authority called for Covid restrictions and more vaccinations.

RIGHT NOW

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/11/24/world/covid-vaccine-boosters-mandates

Italy announces new restrictions for the unvaccinated.
Here’s what you need to know:

Strained Massachusetts hospitals will cut back on elective procedures.

Republicans sue over Covid-19 requirements at Washington State’s Capitol.

Germany’s new chancellor faces a dire phase of the pandemic.

A claim of herd immunity reignites debate over U.K. Covid policy.

Republicans fight vaccine and mask mandates, but blame Biden for the pandemic’s endurance.

European health agency calls for Covid restrictions to avoid a bleak winter.

Hospitals in Massachusetts will cut back on nonurgent scheduled procedures starting on Monday because of staffing shortages and longer patient hospital stays, according to the state’s health authorities.

Coronavirus cases have been rising in Massachusetts for several weeks, but hospitalizations have risen at a lower rate. The pressure on hospitals relates to other consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, the authorities said.

The staffing shortage, largely driven by the pandemic, has contributed to the loss of approximately 500 medical, surgical and I.C.U. hospital beds in Massachusetts, according to the state. And hospitals are seeing an influx of patients who need more complex treatment for health issues because they delayed visiting the doctor when Covid cases were higher.
Massachusetts Covid-19 Hospitalizations

Source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The seven-day average is the average of a day and the previous six days of data. Currently hospitalized is the most recent number of patients with Covid-19 reported by hospitals in the state for the four days prior. Dips and spikes could be due to inconsistent reporting by hospitals. Hospitalization numbers early in the pandemic are undercounts due to incomplete reporting by hospitals to the federal government.

The order, issued on Tuesday, applies to hospitals that have less than 15 percent of beds available, and applies only to procedures that are scheduled in advance and can be delayed without having a negative effect on patients’ health. It does not apply to urgent and essential procedures.

The authorities said the order would help prepare for the annual increase in hospitalizations typically seen after Thanksgiving and through January.

Marylou Sudders, the state’s secretary of health and human services, said in a statement on Tuesday: “Covid hospitalizations in Massachusetts remain lower than almost every other state in the nation, but the challenges the health care system face remain, and this order will ensure hospitals can serve all residents, including those who require treatment for Covid-19.”

In Massachusetts, new cases have risen from an average of about 1,300 early this month to more than 2,800, and hospitalizations are up 47 percent over the past 14 days, according to a New York Times database. As of Wednesday morning, 740 people were hospitalized for Covid-19, according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

State officials worked with the Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association to develop the guidelines. Dr. Eric Dickson, the board chair of the association and the president and C.E.O. of UMass Memorial Health, said in a statement: “While we recognize that delaying some prescheduled surgeries may present a significant hardship for patients, we believe it is a necessary step to assure that all of the Commonwealth’s hospitals can continue to meet the needs of patients requiring emergency care.”

— Amanda Holpuch
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,366 • Replies: 121
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:23 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
So...

Whining about non-vaxxers helps how?
maxdancona

Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
78% of people hospitalized with covid are obese. Are obese people ruining our healthcare for the rest of us?
bobsal u1553115

Wed 24 Nov, 2021 11:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Why are you trolling me. I ignore you, just like you asked me to and what do you do? Insult and troll.
Stacy24

Wed 24 Nov, 2021 11:06 pm
This is a very divisive thing to post on Thanksgiving when families are struggling to find common ground.
maxdancona

Wed 24 Nov, 2021 11:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You start a thread to insult people for getting sick... and I am the one who is trolling? You are a funny man, bobsal.

Yes, it is sick people who fill up hospitals. Some of them smoke. Some of them are obese. Some of them drink too much or don't exercise or don't take care of their diabetes.

You are yelling at sick people for being in the hospital.
Brandon9000

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:11 am
@maxdancona,
Some of the people getting sick were quite healthy beforehand and are really getting sick only because they were too dumb to get vaccinated. Many healthy people have gotten serious cases of Covid and some of them have died. I've seen countless news articles with such stories. They knew they could be immunized for free and chose not to be. Now they're consuming medical resources that could have helped other people.

Furthermore, what about the people who didn't get vaccinated and got mild cases of Covid? Some of them passed the virus on to people who passed it on to people who got it and died.

I don't want to hold someone down and stick a needle in his arm, but I think it's stupid.
The Anointed

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 01:21 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Furthermore, what about the people who didn't get vaccinated and got mild cases of Covid? Some of them passed the virus on to people who passed it on to people who got it and died.

How many who have been double jabbed, contracted Covid breakthrough infections, and passed it on to others who died?"

How many who have been double jabbed, contracted Covid breakthrough infections and died? I read in the German statistics that of 817 double jabbed people who later died from Covid breakthrough infections, 72.4 percent (over 650) were over 80.

The argument against Capital punishment is, "If one innocent person is executed it must be banned."

But what of those who do not want to be vaccinated, but are forced to comply or lose their livelihood? Even if a hundred of those who were forced against their wishes to be vaccinated, die, 'It was for the good of the community.'

Excerpt from link below. In the United Kingdom, for example, between February and September of this year, 72 percent of all Covid-related deaths were among the vaccinated. In Scotland the situation was even worse: 80 percent of Covid deaths occurred among those who had been injected with the vaccines.

Edit [Moderator]: Covid misinformation

I am not an anti Vac, but a pro-choice Person.
farmerman

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 06:45 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
How many who have been double jabbed, contracted Covid breakthrough infections and died? I read in the German statistics that of 817 double jabbed people who later died from Covid breakthrough infections, 72.4 percent (over 650) were over 80.

So your cluless respons above assumes that behavior , after vaccination is unimportant.
The vaccine doesnt guarantee non infection, it increases your ability to contract a serious infection by a huge statistical margin.

eve only recently been ables to unserstand th actual disease path and with our knwledge of genetic mutation and gene expression should have mae it easier to unerstand .
Consequently mixing the vaccinated and unvaccinated without retaining social distancing and masking . Before the vaccine, the rate of rious infection mong the elderly was much higher, MUCH MUCH higher.

As for me, I try not to play RUSSIAN ROULETTE and claim it as "following the science"

My company partner had 2 PhDs one in chem and the other in Applied genetics in Paleobotany. He was an "Anointed believer" of some of these Conservative talk show morons like Tucker Carlson S Jones, and Rush Limbaugh. My partner, and hlf of his handball club have died by not following the simpl rules.

Youre countenancing Russian Roulette with 5 out of 6 cyliners full/
hightor

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 07:06 am
@Stacy24,
Quote:
This is a very divisive thing to post on Thanksgiving when families are struggling to find common ground.

This is an inane comment, truly a non sequitur, and indicates that the person who wrote it doesn't fully understand the customs of his adopted country. A family – any group of people closely related by blood or marriage, as parents, children, uncles, aunts, and cousins – already has "common ground". Rolling Eyes
bobsal u1553115

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 07:51 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
How many who have been double jabbed, contracted Covid breakthrough infections, and passed it on to others who died?"

You asked that stupid piece of **** question. I double dirty dog challenge you to answer it. I dare you.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 07:52 am
@maxdancona,
TROLL!!!!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 10:34 am
@hightor,
It's not as divisive as praising murdering scumbag Rittenhouse on a thread about Ahmaud Arbery.

These hypocritical nazi nomarks have no sense of decency whatsoever.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:35 pm
@The Anointed,
I think that your statement:

"72 percent of all Covid-related deaths were among the vaccinated. In Scotland the situation was even worse: 80 percent of Covid deaths occurred among those who had been injected with the vaccines"

is nonsense, but unfortunately the censors won't allow us to discuss it or exchange citations.

The solution to incorrect opinions is never censorship. The solution is free and open discussions and better opinions.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Rubbish, nothing is stopping you look up the source, and nobody is censoring you.

You have no problems sealioning the rest of us but when it comes to another far right extremist they get a free pass.
Brandon9000

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Rubbish, nothing is stopping you look up the source, and nobody is censoring you.

You have no problems sealioning the rest of us but when it comes to another far right extremist they get a free pass.

I was complaining about the fact that they removed the link given by the person I was responding to. It's hard for me to argue with someone who isn't allowed to give citations.

Furthermore, I have had my posts removed in the past.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:55 pm
@Brandon9000,
If it was removed it can't have been a legitimate source, if you find a legitimate source I'm sure the mods will leave it put.

Do you know of any legitimate sources, or do you get all your news from infowars?
Mame

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

So...

Whining about non-vaxxers helps how?

And your trolling and labelling helps how?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If it was removed it can't have been a legitimate source, if you find a legitimate source I'm sure the mods will leave it put.

Do you know of any legitimate sources, or do you get all your news from infowars?

The person I was talking to pasted in a source of statistics that was undoubtedly nonsense. I was defending his right to have an unpopular opinion. As I said, the best solution to bad ideas is better ideas, not censorship.

The posts of mine that were removed were posts where I was asking why another poster was censored.

I have never watched "Infowars," much less quoted it. Stop telling me what I believe because you suck at it.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Nov, 2021 01:05 pm
@Brandon9000,
Not when we're talking about a pandemic.

This deliberate misinformation can lead to people dying, it's a public health issue.

If someone wants to post a load of bullshit about the Earth only being a few thousand years old they're not hurting anyone.

People have died because they believed the **** on sites like this, that's the difference.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Moronic non vaxxers screw up medical treatment for the rest of us, AGAIN
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:28:54