4
   

Boris Johnson appoints Judge Shroeder to oversee the Bloody Sunday Inquiry

 
 
Brandon9000
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 11:33 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If Rittenberg had broken into their houses while they were asleep and shot them he would still be a quitted on self defence.

Do you believe the people who killed the children in Sandy Hook were a ting in self defence?

I believe that if Rittenhouse was violently attacked, he had the right to use the gun to stop it. That's the only topic we're discussing.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's racist. You are only saying that because it's the parachute regiment.

If it was a kindergarten for minority children you'd say a bunch on drunken rednecks had the right to shoot them.

Having a gun must make you feel like a really big man.

Do you get a thrill knowing you can go out and kill whoever you want and just claim self defence.

How long before you start acting out such fantasies now you've been inspired by Rittenberg?

This is a bunch of irrelevant BS. The only relevant question is whether Rittenhouse was being physically attacked in a serious way. People who are physically attacked in a serious way have a right to save themselves.

Just out of curiosity, though, how is it racist????
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 11:37 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I will put it as plainly as I can. The man that illegally brought a gun and looked for trouble was guilty from that point on.

Rubbish. The gun was legal, Wisconsin has an open carry law, and your statement that he was "looking for trouble" is mind reading which is never valid.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 11:38 am
In Izzy's metaphor "Great Britain is Kyle Rittenhouse". It kind of makes sense.

Rittenhouse is an stupid teenager with a big gun who crossed state lines to help keep order.

Great Britain is an idiot country with big guns who often crosses national borders to help keep order.

I actually think that this is an apt comparison.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 12:17 pm
@Brandon9000,
The man that helped him get the gun is being prosecuted for his role in getting the gun for a minor. The gun was bought with R's money when he was too young. Although he took possession after his birthday, the gun was already his. He might get by on a technicality, but the gun was actually illegal.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 12:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nonsense. What law was violated by him owning a gun as a minor?
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 07:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The man that helped him get the gun is being prosecuted for his role in getting the gun for a minor. The gun was bought with R's money when he was too young. Although he took possession after his birthday, the gun was already his. He might get by on a technicality, but the gun was actually illegal.

The person who gave it to him might have done something illegal, but tell me what law he violated by taking possession after his 18th birthday.
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 07:24 pm
I would like to nominate this as the best thread title ever.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2021 01:37 am
@roger,
Thank you, at least someone has a sense of humour.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2021 01:40 am
@Brandon9000,
Max has started a far right anglophobic thread for people like you.

You can go there and attack Richard Burton and Winston Churchill.

I know you especially hate Churchill for standing up to Hitler.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2021 04:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
The person who gave it to him might have done something illegal,

It looks like it was a straw purchase, so probably yes.


Brandon9000 wrote:
but tell me what law he violated by taking possession after his 18th birthday.

For that matter, what law would he have violated by taking possession before his 18th birthday?
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  2  
Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2021 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
That would be Sir Richard Francis Burton, I'm sure.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2021 06:43 pm
@roger,
Brandon referred to him as some nameless Brit just because he has a problem with me.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 03:53 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Max has started a far right anglophobic thread for people like you.

You can go there and attack Richard Burton and Winston Churchill.

I know you especially hate Churchill for standing up to Hitler.

You're almost always wrong about almost everything.

I love the British.
I told you clearly that I didn't recognize the voice as Richard Burton and simply assumed they had gotten a British narrator.
I like Churchill and hate Hitler.

Lying and getting everything wrong is annoying, but being annoying doesn't constitute winning an argument. Winning an argument is when you say things that are correct.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 03:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Brandon referred to him as some nameless Brit just because he has a problem with me.

Here Izzy is not merely wrong, but actually lying. In another thread, somebody asked who was narrating a clip from "The War of the Worlds." I said that it sounded a little like HG Wells, but more likely they had just gotten some nameless British narrator. Izzy was familiar with the recording and says that it is Richard Burton. Since then, he's been lying and claiming that I hate Richard Burton. I've told him clearly that I merely didn't recognize the voice as Burton, but he doesn't give a **** and keeps claiming that I hate the English. He seems to believe that making a lot of noise is equivalent to winning an argument.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 04:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
Richard Burton was a really good actor, I don't know why you have such a problem with him.

And he sounds nothing like HG Wells. Burton has a Welsh accent and a deep voice Wells sounds like he's from the home counties and is considerably higher pitched, they don't sound anything like each other.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

The Bull is Loose - Question by jespah
Agenda 21 - Discussion by edgarblythe
geophysics - Question by gopigeo
What's life? - Question by Eliza6826
All it takes is a Donut to find Love - Question by Spencer Lukasik
Mem crutch revisited - Question by dalehileman
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/08/2021 at 08:04:49