How does Larry King survive while Connie Chung doesn't?

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 06:04 pm
CNN dumped Connie Chung's tabloid-type show. Can Larry King's dumping be far behind as CNN attempts to make it's evening prime time hours relevant?

King is barely less light weight and tabloid than Chung, yet HE survives and SHE doesn't.

Are you a Larry King fan? If so, why? Why not?

BumbleBeeBoogie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,979 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 10:40 am
I'm not a Larry King fan, not even a little, but I gather the man is popular. I suspect his demographic is a bit old, though. My mother watches him, and I'm middle-aged.

I find him beyond unctuous...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 11:42 am
It's his suspenders. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 11:44 am
Aha! I knew it had to be something. And all this time I thought it was his coiffure...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 12:06 pm
I never saw Connie Chung's show. Was it worth saving?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:55 pm
macsm, You ain't missed anything. c.i.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 03:33 pm
I've never cared for Connie Chung and didn't ever watch her show on CNN. I used to watch Larry King frequently, then it became sporadic and still is. He seems to have a huge following, and I think CNN would catch holy hell if they dumped him. He's kind of like a worthless heirloom. It has its sentimental value, it's really not worth anything - but you just can't quite bring yourself to get rid of it. And the suspenders help too, of course.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:31 pm
Larry King's sporadic? Seems like he's on CNN every time I surf by there in the evening. You're right about him being an heirloom, though, and I'm sure you're right about them catching holy hell if they dumped him. My mother, if she could manage to get out of her chair, would march on Atlanta!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:38 pm
I dig his Cardassian make-up...what? IT'S NOT MAKE-UP?? Ok then, get him off the air already....that's disgusting!

Seriously though, he has a small but vocal demographic that keeps him going. Go figure... Confused Note my clever Larry-style use of .... to link non-sequitors....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:42 pm
Never cared for his brand of t.v. show. He gets a fat head from all the famous people he seems to be able to attract to his show, but I'm not sure what the attraction is. c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:53 pm
He kisses up to them, that's why they show up on his show. I saw Liz Taylor on there recently. Talk about ghoulish...
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 06:19 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Larry King's sporadic? Seems like he's on CNN every time I surf by there in the evening

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I meant my viewing habits of Larry King's show have become sporadic after having watched him frequently for quite a while.
0 Replies