We've Got Speagles!!! And MORE Pics!

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:40 pm
Isn't the paternal grandfather a vet.

Squinney, I always call for Noddy when I panic.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:42 pm
I just PM'ed patiodog.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:42 pm
Thank you, sozobe.

Looks likes we're stuck in stage 2, with everything happening in that stage except the licking of her vulva. I really don't think there would be any way for her to reach it if she felt the urge.

She's sitting up, then down, napping occasionally. Doesn't appear too exhausted yet.

I guess we'll wait a little longer. Looks like she could have done this during office hours, though. Smile
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:44 pm
Yes, paternal Grandfather is a vet on vacation in Argentina yesterday through Sunday. He left another vet we can call if needed, but I'd hate to do that if not necessary.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:47 pm
phew

I may have the patiodog's phone number, if it's still the same as when the Madison get-together happened.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:50 pm
squinney, a couple of selected quotes from the novel I copied and pasted:

Quote:
If she's been in the panting/digging stage of labor but no pushing for more than 6-8 hours, call the vet.

Quote:
Again, there is no shame in calling your vet for help. If you are
unsure what to do or are presented with a situation you or your bitch
don't understand. Get professional help!

I tend toward paranoia, though, and again I have no experience with this. The kitten thing was so sad though and I remember wishing that I'd been a bit more vociferous about advice to call the vet earlier on.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:51 pm
Dogs have been around for thousands of years. I think all this panic is unecessary. they'll come when it's time.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:53 pm
Bear
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Dogs have been around for thousands of years. I think all this panic is unecessary. they'll come when it's time.

Isn't that just like a man to say that --- they've never had to go through labor and birth.

Bear, go to your room! :wink:

BBB
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:54 pm
Maybe you could check her nipples, Ed. Cool It's like, all natural and everything.

~~~~~~~

I'd call the vet.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:57 pm
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Isn't that just like a man to say that --- they've never had to go through labor and birth.

Bear, go to your room! :wink:

BBB

I just had a horrible case of pancreatitis, I'm told by physicians, nurses and women who have both given birth and had pancreatitis that they'd rather birth 10 children in a row than ever have it again and that the pain of childbirth pales compared to it so.......SNAP!!!!!! Nyah nyah, make me go to my room Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:59 pm
Squinney
Squinney, call the damn vet!!!

It may be money spent and not necessary but better than regretting that you didn't if things don't go well.

BBB
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:00 pm
Noddy says, "Call the vet--at least to get the vet on call."

Right now, its after office hours. What if trouble starts after midnight.
If I were the vet, I'd rather deal with Careless Love in Prime TV time than Prime Sleeping time.

Remember, Goldie hasn't done this before.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:01 pm
I been PM'd. I don't know a damn thing about whelping at this point. I know enough about sterilization that I could do it in a pinch, but it's a wee bit late for that.

Call the professional.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:02 pm
I haven't dealt with vets in forever, so not sure how it works -- can you just call and describe the situation without necessarily being charged? As in, just get the vet's expert opinion and go from there?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:03 pm
I'll be over here waiting anxiously for news.

I agree, call the vet. Just call and get reassurance if that's all you get.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:04 pm
Yay, patiodog's back, I thought I'd missed him.

AND Noddy.

Seems to be unanimous.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:07 pm
sozobe wrote:
I haven't dealt with vets in forever, so not sure how it works -- can you just call and describe the situation without necessarily being charged? As in, just get the vet's expert opinion and go from there?

Depends.

(How's that for an answer?)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:17 pm

So've sheep, but once you've seen a mama sheep kicking her first-bairn around...

(Ne'mind peoples...)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:26 pm
Remember, the paternal grandfather left word with the guy covering his practice.

Professional courtesy.

Even a Kennel Maid who's dealt with The Miracle of Birth could give you some down-and-dirty professional expertise.

Goldie has never done this before.

You've never done this before.

Your consulting a bunch of people who can use Google Search--who have never done this before.

Tell Goldie for me that she's a good girl and we'd all appreciate a teeny-tiny bit more efficiency in this Miracle of Birth department.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:29 pm
<pssssssssst Noddy - the mother-to-be is Gracie - do you know a Goldie who stepped out with Gus as well?>
0 Replies