Why do things feel so run-down lately?

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 10:34 pm
Has anyone else here noticed this? Does anyone else feel like we have been living in a constant state of entropy lately as of the time of the posting of this thread or is it just me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,410 • Replies: 8
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 01:33 pm
Does anyone else get the impression we are living in entropy?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 04:29 pm
Maybe it's where you live. I don't feel like that at all. In fact, the books on medieval England I ordered came in today and I'm quite excited. Plus, I went to dinner last night and, as usual, came home with most of it, so I have a lovely dinner planned. My cold is done and even though it's freezing out, I'm warm and toasty at home.

Maybe pick up a funny book (I recommend Carl Hiaasen) or watch some fun youtube videos.

Sorry you're feeling this way, JG.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 07:44 pm
@Mame,
Things don't feel rundown regarding what's going on with the pandemic where you are?
Mame

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 07:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
No, not really. We have a federal leader who, while being a bit of a drama idiot, has things mostly under control with the help of his able ministers. Most of our provinces have enacted strict and sensible precautions. Most of the population is complying.

The unvaccinated are fewer in numbers than in many countries and aren't allowed in to most places. If you're vaccinated, you can still do pretty much everything you did prior to the pandemic. If you're not, you can do those things if you provide proof of a negative PCR test. If you can't do that, you're limited to the very, very few places who will serve you under pre-vaccine conditions. In my vaccinated life, it's back to normal. Other than travel, of course, which is a questionable schmozzle.

Why do you feel so low? What can't you do? Can you dine out? Can you go to the library or bookstore? Can you take a walk, ride a bike, go for a swim?

JG10 - I worry a little about you. This is going to be the new normal.
0 Replies

juliiaart

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 02:08 pm
The Serpentine Galleries is the latest institution to strip the Sackler name from its buildinghttps://usaartnews.com/news/the-serpentine-galleries-is-the-latest-institution-to-strip-the-sackler-name-from-its-building
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2022 04:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Has anyone else here noticed this?
Yes.

Here's the thing; you don't have to take it upon your shoulders. Yes, things are falling apart. It's always been this way. The alternative is creation. Pick up your pencils and vellum Bristol board and get back to work!
0 Replies

Thomastrokan33

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 08:03 am
@JGoldman10,
I feel, that the issue of things feeling so run-down per time context is a mirror whose possession is happy.

The happiness, in question, refers to a juice use, like having a soap in one's hands, because of the truth that truth uses boredom as a means to question.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 08:17 am
It could also be the time of year. It seems it should be spring...here and there you get a tease of a nice day and then wham it gets cold again or snowy ...spring rain also can cause one to feel run down...

I tend to feel a little like that this time of year wanting the warmer weather and the sun.
0 Replies