Maury Povich , you are NOT the father

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:03 pm
Ok. First I must admit that I watched this show 3 times .
Last week and this week.
I am sickened. These women , actually for sake of argument, GIRLS come on this show screaming and yelling that they did nothing wrong.
They are mothers to many kids in some cases and are testing numerous men for paternity?
What the hell?
I saw this woman test the 9th man for the paternity of her daughter.
Shamelessly.. On national tv.
Each time, swearing THIS IS THE FATHER.
I cant believe this is getting any ratings
I cant believe these are real people
I cant belive Maury is doing this

I cant believe I watched this.

Is this how teenagers are? I remember, in school , one girl got pregnant. She left. Never returned to that school again. Teen pregnancy didnt SEEM that big of an issue 15-20 years ago.
Has it really boomed that much , or are these people on this show just a small fragment of the society?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,432 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:18 pm
I love Povich.

My weakness is the epidsodes in which a slutty redneck daughter in a halter top that says "Juicy" across the front, and daisy dukes, shakes her ass and tells everyone to fvck off.

Then the mom comes on and cries.

Than a huge black drill sargeant comes on and yells at the girl until she breaks down. Then they send her to one of those juvenile bootcamps where, every five years, some kid dies from exhaustion.

Absolute evil.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:20 pm
Laughing

i saw one of those episodes.

Though, for trash TV my fav is Jerry Springer . Embarrassed
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:32 pm
i seriously love it when the women are like...i know he is the father, i never cheated!!! then boom! he isn't the father...and they start crying like crazy. amazing...

i agree jerry springer is good trash tv, it reminds me that no matter how bad things are in my life, it could be worse, i could be trash like them. Smile

i think my favorite quote that is on jerry at least 3 times a show...he's coming home with me bitch! umm, why do you want him, he just cheated with your mom, best friend and brother...and you want him to come home with you??? wtf...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:34 pm
Re: Maury Povich , you are NOT the father
shewolfnm wrote:
I saw this woman test the 9th man for the paternity of her daughter.
Shamelessly.. On national tv.
Each time, swearing THIS IS THE FATHER.
I cant believe this is getting any ratings
I cant believe these are real people
I cant belive Maury is doing this

I caught this part of the show a month or two ago (how many times do they re-run Maury anyway???) Didn't she have to go through 12 or 13 guys before she finally gave up and admitted that she didn't know who the father was?

I'd have to hope that they search far and wide to come up with as many nuts as they do for these shows but I'm not convinced that they do... lol
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 02:59 pm
These show fascinate me, though I don't watch 'em enough to contribute to this exchange.

I can, though, recommend a book by a woman who went undercover as a producer for several of these shows. She approaches the topic from a sociological perspective. Fascinating stuff re the guests (to what degree are they manipulated into appearing) and the staff and stars. The book is: "The Money Shot" by Laura Grindstaff.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 03:55 pm
i will read that book.

It should point it that springer is a staged show and that Maurys guests come on for thier own strange needs. Confused

That woman was named Marisol. 9 men. One child.
Each one " I KNOW HES THE FATHER. THERE IS NOONE ELSE!!!!!!!"

then she got hurt every time it said ' not the father'
well honey, when you spend your life on your back, you find that things are diffrent when you stand up.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:21 am
One of the points that Grindstaff makes in her book is that people are encouraged to appear because they'll have a chance to "tell their own story." These are people, I would imagine, who rarely get listened to. Now they can tell their stories on national TV! Not to mention spending time in a big city, stay at a hotel, etc.

Must be hard to say no to that!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:59 am
I wonder how many of these people make stuff up so they can appear on the show and/or get a free few nights in the big city.

As I work during the day, I rarely see these shows, however, being curious I watched part of Springer once - my question on that show is how the heck can you even know what anyone is saying? All they do is yell back and forth and then start throwing things. It seems no matter what the subject it is the same show - some swearing and yelling and throwing things - it would get boring to me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 11:54 am
Springer isnt watched for dialog. Laughing
I watch it for fights and the occasional " My mommy is my lover" gut wrentching fake stories.
It is a sick addiction I only feed in the dark. HA!

D-
you are right. not only can they talk on national TV, but I truly believe that some of them think being on TV makes thier stories CORRECT.
That they never knew he was cheating on them, or that the one night stand they had with so and so never happened and they didnt get pregnant from that. The DNA test will prove them right! Laughing
>sigh<

Or even better yet, the parents who bring thier children on those shows wondering why thier 12-14yr old daughters are sexualy active while they ( the moms ) bring in and out tons of men from the bars, dress like 5 cent hookers themselves and use drugs.
What a riot I tell ay
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:12 pm
The basic premise seems to be, "Let's turn over this rock and see what crawls out..."
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:56 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

well honey, when you spend your life on your back, you find that things are diffrent when you stand up.

HAHA That's the best quote I've seen in a long time! Smile I'll have to check out that book too. I've always wondered what it took to get people to go on these shows...then again for some, it may not take much for your 15 minutes of fame.

As far as teen pregnancy, I'm 23 and I have friends who were pregnant when they were my age and younger and I don't know how they felt about it, but there were always people who were there to help them out. But I still don't feel that it's completely accepted yet. I think some people, because of shows like Maury (and yes I get a kick out of it occasionally too) feel that young mothers are all like the women on these shows. I think I went off on a bit of a tangent there, but that's my opinion!haha Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 06:47 am
Laughing

no tangent. you have a good point.
Alot of people jump to that conclusion. They see a woman under 25 with one or two children and automatically shake thier heads and start judging.
I for one am guilty of that as well. Even though I have NO idea what she may be like as a mother, I tend to assume the worst. It is a bad thing to do, I know.
I guess it is because of shows like that where you see these kids talking about sleeping around on their partnersfor revenge.. or boredom.. Rolling Eyes
Not all young mothers are like that.
Hell, you could say not all MOTHERS no matter what age are like that. I have seen some 'older' mothers.. mothers over 25.. that behave like that.
I knew one woman who should have been on that show. 34 with 3 kids and was about as mature as a 12 year old. >sigh<
0 Replies

Larry Krownunderground

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:47 pm
Women are funny like that!
Hey! Let's not be all hard on these poor women. I mean after all, we like to do nasty little things with women and some of them have no idea when to say no. I mean, look at the big soft breasts, wet soft sweet areas that just begs a hard manhood to make things right. I will give a woman all she needs if she does not keep track of who the daddy might be.

It is just that this show is not fair. How come they do not show the white women I deal with? I mean we white people need some air time too. But no they show the blacks all the ime. It is not right. It is not right.

Come on Maury, put us on the tube.
0 Replies