Breakthrough!- 'The 'Pandora Gene'

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:47 am
jj's phrase
Quote:
master metaphorician

I think the word is a neologism, but it does sound cool. A "master metaphorist" sounds like too much like Kreskin.
I used to be an apprentice baiter
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:18 am
farmerman wrote:
john jones said
Quote:
The chemical reactions of DNA are given colourful names and carefully screened for worthiness of attention. [/QUOTE Ah yes, there is a vast left wing conspiracy in that we dont wish the people to learn about the full complement of possible proteins. So we "screen" the analyses. One question, how does one make an electrophoresis unit "omit or otherwise ignore" a sequence?

[quote]Theologians, tricksters, communists.., creep toward the fortified stockade of the evolutionists. But the defenders had best protect their wooden stakes from the rot within:

Sound familiar? I think ole john is NOT an IDer, usually the IDers are a bit more sophisticated with their understandings of Molecular biology, to which they will usually defer. I think john is a standard Creationist.

While you are busy firing arrows at shadows of creationists and communists the stockade creaks and teeters beneath you.

How does one make an electrophoreisis unit omit sequences? You are mistaken if you think I am not a scientist. You are also mistaken if you think I can't tell the difference between technical irrelevancies and philosophy of theory. In fact, you are all way out of your depth with me, and I am not expecting much in the way of intelligent argument. If you want to discuss evolution theory with me you had best get your acts together. In the meantime, stick with this observation: 'DNA is a chemical'. Then think about it. It's a chemical.

I have told my mate what was said about Lampeter University. He told his mates. They aren't very happy about it.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:25 am
farmerman wrote:
jj's phrase
Quote:
master metaphorician

I think the word is a neologism, but it does sound cool. A "master metaphorist" sounds like too much like Kreskin.
I used to be an apprentice baiter

Yes, 'metaphorician' is quite a good coinage, with allusions to 'magician'. A neologinist would not be accurate and sounds more like it might be a term used in the Evolutionary Biology Dept., 'B' block.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:56 am
John Jones wrote:
While you are busy firing arrows at shadows of creationists and communists the stockade creaks and teeters beneath you.

An inapt and tedious metaphor, charged with the hyperbole of a desparate attempt to make oneself seem master of a situation--which situation exists only in said individual's mind.

Quote:
How does one make an electrophoreisis unit omit sequences? You are mistaken if you think I am not a scientist. You are also mistaken if you think I can't tell the difference between technical irrelevancies and philosophy of theory. In fact, you are all way out of your depth with me, and I am not expecting much in the way of intelligent argument. If you want to discuss evolution theory with me you had best get your acts together. In the meantime, stick with this observation: 'DNA is a chemical'. Then think about it. It's a chemical.

You've spent a lot of time boasting about your scientific knowledge, but you've offered no credentials, and none of what you've written in the least suggests that you have a solid foundation in any science. Perhaps what you say is true, but there is absolutely no reason to assume as much from anything you've written.

Quote:
I have told my mate what was said about Lampeter University. He told his mates. They aren't very happy about it.

Who gives a rat's ass . . . you cited Lampeter, i went out and researched the name and came up with the University of Wales, Lampeter, and then further delved into the possibilities that said university might have solid credentials as a research institution with a sound reputation in genetic research. So far, all i've found is Mr. Messer, with a doctorate in Theology, writing on the religious implications of genetics. Not a shred of evidence online that UW, Lampeter can be considered a genetics research institute. If that browns off your mates, tough luck. If you have any names, and titles of papers which have been peer-reviewed and published, provide them, and you can blow all objections out of the water. Until such time, your vague assertions are all anyone has to go on, and so far it reeks of manure.

In your silly, silly thread entitled "Superstition," this is your opening post:

John Jones wrote:
Only the scientists believe in superstition. It is an idea they have invented for themselves. Nobody else gives it any credence.

You expect to be taken seriously when you contend that "You are mistaken if you think I am not a scientist," despite drek such as that quoted above. Tell your mates to call somebody who cares whether or not they are happy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:58 am
Bring it on dude, Im sure I will learn a lot
My point was , that , since you seem to require some sort of conspiracy to "screen" the nucleotides, I was openly questioning how we train an electrophoresis run or a GCMS to omit "sequences" that are internal to a "line". Then apparently you agree with me.

If you wish to argue how the walls of evolution are teetering, please give examples. I find your "hearsay" references to yet unnamed colleagues, quite interesting.Are you somehow ashamed of their contributions? Do they even exist?
Id challenge you to provide just one literature citation, for that is how we exchange initial information.(But Im sure you know that, since your entire approach is more associated with Art Bell, than Richard Dawkins)

Better watch it set , jj has disclosed to his "mates", your apparent amusement of
his debate style.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:00 am
By the way, "neologinist" does not seem to be a word, i can find no evidence of it anywhere. What do you purport it means?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:09 am
In the non-theological aspect, Ive only ever heard of A "neologist" as one who , by engaging in neologisms in obscure speech and references as being somewhat symptomatic ofcertain psychoses. NOT that theres anything wrong with that!!

So, I guess my contribution to this question is that neologinist is a neologism , practiced by a neologist. Of course Ill have to clear that with my "mate" whos still in the rack .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:14 am
I'd post the comments of my mates on the subject, but they've been pissed off about Lampeter for the last 177 years, and refuse to discuss it with me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:29 am
Let us know when you get really good at it, okay, farmerman? Baiting, I mean.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 02:05 pm
farmerman wrote:
Bring it on dude, Im sure I will learn a lot
My point was , that , since you seem to require some sort of conspiracy to "screen" the nucleotides, I was openly questioning how we train an electrophoresis run or a GCMS to omit "sequences" that are internal to a "line". Then apparently you agree with me.

If you wish to argue how the walls of evolution are teetering, please give examples. I find your "hearsay" references to yet unnamed colleagues, quite interesting.Are you somehow ashamed of their contributions? Do they even exist?
Id challenge you to provide just one literature citation, for that is how we exchange initial information.(But Im sure you know that, since your entire approach is more associated with Art Bell, than Richard Dawkins)

Better watch it set , jj has disclosed to his "mates", your apparent amusement of
his debate style.

Erg..
It's still a surprise to see how sensitive the scientific fraternity are to criticism of their theories.
The mark of the technician, who needs information to run machines, is evidenced by the call for 'sources'. Have fun with the electrophoreisis machine.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 02:30 pm
Translation: You'll get no solid information from me, i just made this "research" story up--i only come here to ridicule scientists and science, which i don't understand, and deeply fear and resent.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 02:54 pm
John Jones wrote:
Erg..
It's still a surprise to see how sensitive the scientific fraternity are to criticism of their theories.
The mark of the technician, who needs information to run machines, is evidenced by the call for 'sources'. Have fun with the electrophoreisis machine.

In many cases on this thread, you are not talking to technicians, you are talking with people from various disciplines who actually understand evolutionary theory in great detail. We are expected to ask for sources just as a Doctor is expected to validate a wild diagnosis from someone who has yet to demonstrate any knowledge in the field.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 02:57 pm
this needs to be moved to the humour forum

i haven't laughed so hard all week

thanks, kids
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:19 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
Erg..

In many cases on this thread, you are not talking to technicians, you are talking with people from various disciplines who actually understand evolutionary theory in great detail. We are expected to ask for sources just as a Doctor is expected to validate a wild diagnosis from someone who has yet to demonstrate any knowledge in the field.

The 'source' of information is not a requirement of its interpretation. To ask for 'sources' in any event whatever, is a request for pre-established interpretations. The technician requires pre-established interpretations so that he can present his results in an appropriate format.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:29 pm
We should have a Dancing forum, this boy can backpeddle and mostly stay on his feet like nobody's business.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:39 pm
John Jones wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
Erg..

The 'source' of information is not a requirement of its interpretation. To ask for 'sources' in any event whatever, is a request for pre-established interpretations. The technician requires pre-established interpretations so that he can present his results in an appropriate format.

You started the thread by stating that there is new scientific evidence that evolution theory is wrong. We would like to examine this evidence to see to what extent it is valid. To say, "I have evidence from competent scientists but you may not see it" is very puzzling. If you truly believe that this evidence supports your position on evolution, why may we not examine it and judge both the logic of the conclusions and the qualifications of the scientists who produced it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:56 pm
john jones said
Quote:

Im sure you understand that we often get all kinds of kooks who expound on things scientific. Like just a few months ago, someone began posting all about fossil hominids and Jurassic dinosaur fossils in a death assemblage. after the source pages backed off thatthe entire story was indeed a hoax, the thread author just disappeared into the ether.
You are obviously unfamiliar with how many peer reviewed journals actually exist. So, I think that the many people here , were quite polite with you by not demanding more "meat" and less smoke . It is only now, that your gibberish has been fully layed out, can we see through . "Source" material is always the underpinning of any kind of new research. If you dont have the courtesy to post such sources or links, well, you cannot expect to be taken seriously.

I teach a course on research methods to graduate students in geology and geophysics. One of the footers of a research proposal or grant proposal, is a good understanding of whats gone before. This ensures that the grants wont be spent re-inventing wheels.If you are familiar with NSF grants or the SCI process, then , perhaps you should take a few steps back and at least learn the language before you try to unravel theories. Smarter guys than you have tried to disassemble the underpinnings of evolution and theyve failed miserably. Most of them are just quietly pitied and a few are openly laughed at

For a self claimed student of "truth" , your unfamiliarity with simple process is more telling than your tedious communication skills.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:29 pm
John Jones wrote:
The 'source' of information is not a requirement of its interpretation.

However, it's valuable in determining veracity, and that's what we're after.

If the source of information weren't important, then we would be just as likely to consider a medical diagnosis from a three year old as from our doctor, and that would be foolish, wouldn't it.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:13 pm
One summer Sunday we were walking pass some building on the Harvard Campus. All of the windows were open. "Oh my," my friend said,"I think they are airing out some theories."

J
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:15 pm
I just stopped in to see what condition johns condition was in. Hes still asleep, poor dear.Hes had a hard days rant.

Night all, shhhhh
0 Replies