Image to PDF

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:30 am
Thomas wrote:
Here's another wild guess: what happens when you do the same drag&drop job, but drop into Ms Paint, Photo-Editor, or some other utility that handles images natively? (Open Office also has a tool for image manipulation called Draw -- it may well work)

Well, you see, the first suggestion in that particular post only opens up one file, which kind of defeats the purpose of what I intend to do.

And I don't need to use Draw for Open Office, because what I wanted was to load one image after another or conver them into a PDF where one page is loaded after the other. The PDF creation option is perfect for what I need... as long as it works how I hope it does.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:50 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Well, you see, the first suggestion in that particular post only opens up one file, which kind of defeats the purpose of what I intend to do.

Good point.

Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
And I don't need to use Draw for Open Office, because what I wanted was to load one image after another or conver them into a PDF where one page is loaded after the other. The PDF creation option is perfect for what I need... as long as it works how I hope it does.

Open Office allows you to save any printable file in the PDF format. But to get a file that contains all your images, you still have to load them -- and you said you have so many files that this is seriously troublesome. Moving from Word to Open Office speeds up your ability to save a file as a PDF, but it doesn't, by itself, speed up the creation of a file to save in that format. On the other hand, if the copy&paste works for Open Office's Draw on your computer the way it worked for Word on my computer, that would speed up the creation of a file you can print the way you want -- whatever format you save it in.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 02:59 am
I've just had a go at the drag and drop method with Open Office and it works a treat. Unfortunately, it dumps all the pictures on top of one another and my poor old laptop crashes.

I guess I'll just have to do it three at a time, despite the fact that I have about 100 or so pictures. (It's a large document).
0 Replies