National Anthems at NFL Games

gollum

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 01:11 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona-

"You will notice that White Supremacy doesn't thrive in the same way in the countries colonized by Spain."

Is there White Supremacy in the countries colonized by Spain? How is it different in those places?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 01:14 pm
@gollum,
Max is a White Supremacist his comments on the BLM and Chauvin threads a proof of that.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 01:25 pm
@gollum,
The cultures are different.

In British Colonial states (US, Australia etc) you have the idea of White Culture. You have "English Only" policy and the idea they they are civilized. You don't see this in Mexico. My impression is that this is unique to the English Brand of Colonial Supremacy.

The idea that British race and culture are superior, and that the world needed the British rule, are at the core of the British Colonial Empire.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 01:28 pm
Let me get back to Sports. The reason for this tangent is British Hypocrisy.

In the UK and Europe, footballers of African descent are routinely harassed with monkey sounds and sometime with thrown bananas or other objects. In the US we are dealing with racial issues (mainly from our past as a British Colony). We are dealing with them, we have a public discourse.

We are miles ahead of the British in dealing with our racial past. That doesn't mean that we are where we need to be.

But listening to British Condescension is a little annoying... especially when they are still facing riots, and players are being benched because of racial taunts from fans.

When British fans can stop throwing bananas on the field (as a disgusting racial slur), then maybe they can start being part of a constructive discussion on racial relations.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You will notice that White Supremacy doesn't thrive in the same way in the countries colonized by Spain.
Well, ethnicism and racism against the indigenous peoples and against Afrolatins there is very well documented nowadays.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 02:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I am moving from the US to Mexico. I just got Mexican residency (which I am very happy about).

The difference in cultures is very interesting, particularly in the way that race is understood. Mexicans often will say that "We don't have racism, we have classism". As an American, I don't always buy that... but there is no question that the concept of race and racism is very different.

Hearing my white educated friends (with no understanding of the Mexican culture) talk about the racism in Mexico is both amusing and frustrating. People from European, and United Statesian cultures tend to think that their intellecutal framework on race can just be imposed on other countries.

It isn't that easy.

0 Replies