RENDER UNTO CAESAR

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 05:14 pm
Setanta,

Laughing Had to giggle at the hard of hearing one. But, there was a time when I didn't know that all caps menat you were shouting. Laughing

As a Christian, I incorporate my beliefs into all areas of my life. So, when I vote, I take into consideration all aspects of the candidate's lives. I don't think we should opt out of politics altogether. I just believe we shouldn't go to extremes with it, such as with abortion clinic bombings. Just because I am a Christian, it does not mean I have the right to trample on anyone else's rights. If I don't like the laws then I have the right to lobby to change them, but it must be done within the law.

It's a fine line sometimes, true.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 05:26 pm
Then for that, i salute you.
0 Replies

JAMESDG

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 10:32 am
Sorry about the capital letters ha ha. What does the bible say about the kings and govs of the world. If you do a little reserch on the matter the bible says that the kings and the govs of the world are under the power and get there power for the god of this system of things, and who is that? Let me know what you think on the matter of this and i will reply on the matter if we should listen to what we think or does the bible also say do not rely on your own thinking because Gods ways are higher then our was so Gods thoughts are higher then our thoughts. So when jesus said be no part of the world did he mean we could cast our vote for who we think will do the best?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 10:37 am
Welcome, JAMESDG;
Of course, many fail to realize that Satan is the god of this system of things.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 10:45 am
Hi Neo!

Why is it that it seems so easy to blame God but hard to blame Satan (for some that is.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:08 am
neologist wrote:
Of course, many fail to realize that Satan is the god of this system of things.

That's absurd, i am not . . . you can't pin this . . . oh, wait . . . you wrote S-a-t-a-n . . . nevermind . . .
0 Replies

JAMESDG

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:21 am
Yes you are right so if satin is the god of this system and satan gives the goves the power is any wounder that man will dominate man to his injury.
So when you vote for pres or something you vote for something that satan is in control of! That is different ha. So should we vote.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:27 am
bookmarking
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:27 am
JAMESDG Wrote:

Quote:
Yes you are right so if satin is the god of this system and satin gives the goves the power is any wounder that man will dominate man to his injury.

So when you vote for pres or something you vote for something that saitin is in control of! That is different ha. So should we vote.

I think you are taking Neologist's statement of Satan way too literally. When we vote, we are supposed to be informed about the candidates and what they stand for. I do not believe Neo meant you can blame it ALL on Satan.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:27 pm
Well, I just rendered unto Caesar big time. It's called contract renewal for an air conditioning unit. Who do I blame for Frances? God or Satan? <smile>
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:29 pm
hmmm who moved to Flordia where one needs AC?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
Letty,

Perhaps the electric company? Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:18 pm
Oh, you mean Satan, then . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:20 pm
Well, the data base disconnected me and I lost my clever response. Even A2K is having electrical problems.

Right, Husker. Who did move to Florida? Someone you know? Razz It gets as hot or hotter in Virginia sometimes.

Momma, I understand that the utilities (deregulated, of course) are hiking their prices and gasoline is getting out of control. I may be reduced to loaves and fishes in the future. <smile>
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:05 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
JAMESDG Wrote:

Quote:
Yes you are right so if satin is the god of this system and satin gives the goves the power is any wounder that man will dominate man to his injury.

So when you vote for pres or something you vote for something that saitin is in control of! That is different ha. So should we vote.

I think you are taking Neologist's statement of Satan way too literally. When we vote, we are supposed to be informed about the candidates and what they stand for. I do not believe Neo meant you can blame it ALL on Satan.
Please don't guess what I mean, Ma. The early Christians refused political office. And, you may remember, when they came to make Jesus king he ran off.

When Pilate questioned Jesus he was told that "My kingdom is no part of this world.'

Instead of asking what kind of car would Jesus drive, perhaps one should question which candidate would receive his vote.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:12 pm
Neo,

I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I will get this wording things correctly down yet (I hope).

Can you tell me where it is in the Bible that Jesus ran off? I am not doubting you, I just am not familiar with that reference.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:33 pm
No offense taken:
John 6:14-15:"Hence when the men saw the signs he performed, they began to say: "This is for a certainty the prophet that was to come into the world." 15 Therefore Jesus, knowing they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain all alone."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:36 pm
Thank you!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:37 pm
Thank you!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:37 pm
Thank you!