The Rights of People to not get Vaccinated.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 05:30 am
To me, refusing the vaccine is equivalent to crying FIRE in a crowded theater. Refusing to social distance or wear a mask also.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 06:04 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

To me, refusing the vaccine is equivalent to crying FIRE in a crowded theater. Refusing to social distance or wear a mask also.

I don't understand what this means. Crying "FIRE" is deliberate act to cause panic when there is no actual emergency. Are you taking Glennns side now?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 06:07 am
@maxdancona,
Chew on it like a cud.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 06:08 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Chew on it like a cud.

I chewed on it like cud... and found that it was bullshit (because that's what happens to cud).
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 06:30 am
What's the point of having an opinion, Max?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 07:01 am
This is a question for Bulma or Annointed. What would it take for you to change your mind and get the vaccine?

I assume that if the government or other institutions try to jam them vaccine down your throat by force, you are going to tell them to "**** themselves and their vaccines". That is what I would do. I am human. Once I feel I am being forced to do something, I react.

But is there a way for the public health community to reach you to you and change your mind? What evidence would you need that the vaccine is safe and effective?

To be fair, there are several things that would change mind. A well-done scientific study from a reputable scientific instituion would change my mind. If people who I knew personally started getting sick from the vaccine, that would also change mind. Neither of these things have happened, but if they did I would start to doubt the vaccine.

So, what would it take to change your mind?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
refusing to get vaccinted is more like playing Russian Roulette with a Browning Hi-Power (all you can do is hope it jams like it is wont to do)
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 03:01 pm
@farmerman,
If you saw the gun in Quigley Down Under, it's possibly more like playing Russian Roulette with that one.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 03:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
"I just said that I didnt have any use for pistols, Inever said I didnt know how to use em"\\

THEY COULDA ended the movie right there
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 06:39 am
@farmerman,
We've just had a nurse who has has all her vaccination needles, and now she's infected patients in her care. How do you work that out, if the Jab is a 100% cure?

And do you believe that companies should give their employees the choice of receiving the Jab or the sack?
engineer

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 06:54 am
@The Anointed,
- The jab is not a cure, it is a vaccine.
- No one has ever claimed any vaccine is 100% effective, there are always breakthrough cases although the severity of Covid in the case of a breakthrough is significantly reduced.
- There are close to 4 million nurses in the US so if you have a vaccine that is 90-95% effective (making it an excellent vaccine) there will still be tens of thousands of nurses at risk for a breakthrough, especially if they are exposed everyday. It sounds like the nurse in your example wasn't showing any symptoms though so the vaccine seems to have helped her there.
- It is really weird that a nurse would save her needles as needles are hazardous medical waste and are usually immediately disposed of in special puncture proof containers. Maybe your story is not true as no reputable nurse would save used needles.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 07:17 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

- The jab is not a cure, it is a vaccine.
- No one has ever claimed any vaccine is 100% effective, there are always breakthrough cases although the severity of Covid in the case of a breakthrough is significantly reduced.
- There are close to 4 million nurses in the US so if you have a vaccine that is 90-95% effective (making it an excellent vaccine) there will still be tens of thousands of nurses at risk for a breakthrough, especially if they are exposed everyday. Is sounds like the nurse in your example wasn't showing any symptoms though so the vaccine seems to have helped her there.
- It is really weird that a nurse would save her needles as needles are hazardous medical waste and are usually immediately disposed of in special puncture proof containers. Maybe your story is not true as no reputable nurse would save used needles.

All so very true, Engineer.

I think that guy is now reduced to just making **** up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 08:51 am
@engineer,
That is right, there is a sharps box in the room where I got vaccinated, once I’d been jabbed the needle went straight in there.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:14 am
@The Anointed,
Unvaxxed employees put other employees at substantially greater risk of contracting covid without their knowledge or consent simply because they have to work to survive
That is not moral. The courts say vax can be required of employees. Seems right to me.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:29 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Unvaxxed employees put other employees at substantially greater risk of contracting covid without their knowledge or consent simply because they have to work to survive
That is not moral. The courts say vax can be required of employees. Seems right to me.

However, you are now opening up a piece of an employees mesical record to emoloyers. Do you see the downside? My employer (an International technical corporation with about 35,000 employees) has stated definitively they will never ask about vaccination status. I think some unions are against mandatory vaccines.

I think Monterey Jack is exaggerating the risk to most employee. I am a vaccinated engineer in a workplace following strict masking and social distancing protocols.

The risk to the vast majority of us from unvaccinated coworkers is minimal (yes I know there are a very small number of people who cant be vaccinated).
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:33 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:

However, you are now opening up a piece of an employees mesical record to emoloyers. Do you see the downside? My employer (an International technical corporation with about 35,000 employees) has stated definitively they will never ask about vaccination status. I think some unions are against mandatory vaccines.

I think Monterey Jack is exaggerating the risk to most employee. I am a vaccinated engineer in a workplace following strict masking and social distancing protocols.

The risk to the vast majority of us from unvaccinated coworkers is minimal (yes I know there are a very small number of people who cant be vaccinated).

We have got to get this pandemic under control...or all of humanity might become endangered. I hope this is not THE pandemic that destroys us, but at some point, such a pandemic will probably come along.

Stop with the "each person has a right" bullshit...and gain an understanding that every person's right to be part of humanity, civilization, and society requires some abrogation of individual rights. We cannot each drive as fast as we want; we cannot stop or not stop at appropriate signals; WE CANNOT REFUSE TO STOP A DISEASE in the name of personal freedom.

Wake up.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:44 am
Right on, frank.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Come on Frank.

This is the pandemic we were all worried about. It doesn't get worse that this. The movies you have seen where viruses turn all of humanity into flesh eating zombies or that a single man is left on a raft searching for dry land... these are science fiction
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:59 am
You are arguing that we should give up our right to privacy in order to gain security.

I am not sure how far you are wiling to take this... but that is the argument you are making.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
You cannot generalize from your company to all companies and workplaces. We know people are getting sick from workplace exposure
Getting vaxxed is what a.c civilized
Society does in concern for others we come in contact with. If schools c
Can require vacs. Out of con earn for all kids. So can adults.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:24:21