In your opinion, What was _________ best movie acting role?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:43 am
@izzythepush,
No, I don't see most of the popular films.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
It’s very good, should be about it’s from 1997.

Pesci plays a mobster who has to smuggle a bag of 8 heads over the border.

Somebody else killed them, he is the one that has to deliver proof they’re dead.

Things go very wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 10:24 am
@izzythepush,
It's free on Pluto TV.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 10:51 am
@edgarblythe,
There are worse ways of spending a wet Saturday afternoon, but you probably don’t get that many of them in Texas.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm retired. Virtually every day is a Saturday for me.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 12:21 pm
@Real Music,
In my opinion, Chazz Palminteri's best movie acting role was Sonny in A Bronx Tale.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 01:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
There you go.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 01:51 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

In my opinion, Chazz Palminteri's best movie acting role was Sonny in A Bronx Tale.

It was a compelling performance, he just oozed with menace.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 06:35 pm
Liam Neeson was damn good playing Vasili Arkhipov ( name changed in the movie) the 2nd in charge on the submarine, K-19, also the name of the movie. Keeping a cool head averted a mutiny and possible meltdown of the reactor on one of the two first nuclear-armed Russian submarines.

Although the surviving Russian K-19 submariners laughed at the the movie, I believe there was enough truth in it to demonstrate the danger of nuclear armaments.

Cool headed Vasili Arkhipov probably single-handedly averted a nuclear war in 1962.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 08:27 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

In my opinion, Andy Griffiths best movie acting role was in the movie The Oxbow Incident

I couldn't make an edit to this post, so I'm re-posting it here. Andy Griffith best role was in a Face In The Crowd........Henry Fonda was in the Ox Bow Incident.

An old friend tipped me off to the mistake, so big Thank You to
Charles 🎈

I read Ox-Bow Incident long before seeing the movie. Both are great. The studio didn't see a great box office for the story and decided to pass on it. But Henry Fonda felt it was too important and insisted they make it. One of the reasons Fonda was always one of my favorite people. But I was disappointed in the last several films he made. It was like he was going on an anti-Henry Fonda kick.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:54 pm
In my opinion, John Carradine's best movie acting role was Preacher Casey in The Grapes of Wrath.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2021 05:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
I enjoyed him a lot though his role as Ray was poorly written in reflection of savants. act. The acting was great. I still enjoyed him in The Graduate.
0 Replies