Latest London bombings look like amateur copy-cats

satt fs

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:54 am
I do not think these are done by amateur copy-cats because of the bombs used, but that these are by bad losers related with the former group.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:49 am
Setanta wrote:
What ? ! ? ! ?

Dys did this ? ! ? ! ?

That Bastard ! ! !

Yes, he told me the details when in London but when I disagreed with his method he insulted me...(I mean, he bashed the French).
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 08:44 am
Francis
Francis wrote:
Setanta wrote:
What ? ! ? ! ?

Dys did this ? ! ? ! ?

That Bastard ! ! !

Yes, he told me the details when in London but when I disagreed with his method he insulted me...(I mean, he bashed the French).

Francis, is it really true? Dys bashed the French? Hard to believe he's got a such a long hair over his can that it would cause him to stoop so low.

BBB
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 12:52 pm
I Want my meds!!!! Waaahhhh.....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:34 pm
It is always shocking to see what some people believe to be plausible.

It reminds me of a sad movie I saw last year--Promises--about a Jewish boy and a Palestinian boy and their friends being brought to together by an American film crew to see what would happen.

After the filming had gone on for a couple of months, one of the filmmakers introduced himself as a Jew to one of the Palestinian children. The boy got quite upset and called him a liar. He had begun to love him, and when he found out he was a Jew, he couldn't tolerate it. Another girl just spit on the ground and cursed him, though they'd been very close before. Another Palestinian child said "Where are your horns?"

There is useless, destructive hate there.

It is not hyperbole to say that useless, destructive hate is fermenting here, too. Anyone who believes Tony Blair or George Bush would set off bombs for any purpose should sit down and re-evaluate their belief system. And their media choices.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
Bombings Intended to Boost Sagging Terrorist Morale
London Bombings Intended to Boost Sagging Terrorist Morale, Boost Recruitment, says STRATFOR 7/7/05

AUSTIN, TX, July 7 -- The private intelligence organization Stratfor said today that the "sheer scale" and pattern of the London bombings suggested that they were almost certainly orchestrated by al Qaeda - and intended to boost declining morale among its followers.

The goal appears to have been to create maximum embarrassment for Tony Blair and George Bush in order to impress al Qaeda followers in the Middle East and elsewhere,"said Stratfor's Director of Geopolitical Analysis and senior analyst Rodger Baker.

Baker noted that many recent statements from al Qaeda leaders indicate that the movement has been suffering from poor recruitment and low morale. They have needed another major media event.

"The London bombings clearly give them renewed credibility in the Muslim and Arab world. They demonstrate that al Qaeda is still active and able to make its presence known in the major capitals of the world.

"Al Qaeda is very media savvy. Headlines and pictures around the world about the London bombings will be used as a tool by al Qaeda to flex its muscles and boost recruiting. They will probably be successful."

Baker said the bombings do not mean that similar attacks are likely to follow in the United States or other western countries anytime soon. "Al Qaeda - if it is al Qaeda - does not rush these things. It plans meticulously. The London bombings were clearly well planned and coordinated over a period of time and successfully evaded the normally very effective UK counterintelligence."

However, another attack on the United States at some point is "almost guaranteed," Baker said, noting that it may follow the pattern of attacking transportation infrastructure in order to wreak maximal damage on the nation's economy.
-------------------------------------

London: Unknown 'al Qaeda' Group Claims Attacks
July 07, 2005 12 03 GMT

Summary

Central London was hit by six blasts and there are between two and 20 reported deaths and many casualties, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said July 7. In the face of Osama bin Laden's possible near capture, the global jihadist leader of al Qaeda appears to be sending signals that it is still a viable terrorist network with active cells beyond the Middle East and South Asia. Al Qaeda's assets in London would suggest that an attack of this magnitude would be able to be pulled off in keeping with the jihadist history of major overseas attacks.

Analysis

Eight explosions rocked London's transportation infrastructure on July 7, leaving at least eight dead and more than 90 injured. A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organization al Qaeda in Europe" has claimed credit for the attacks, Skynews reported. The attacks appear to coincide with the announcement that London will be hosting the 2012 Olympics, which suggests that several bombs might have failed to explode yesterday when large crowds were out in the streets to celebrate the Olympic bid.

The attacks are the first since the March 2004 Madrid train bombing by individuals linked to al Qaeda. They follow a pattern of major al Qaeda attacks that have occurred at 18- to 24-month intervals. Although al Qaeda's assets have been severely weakened in key operational cells across Europe, this latest attack could represent a jihadist return to the European theater.

London has been the brain and training ground of al Qaeda operations in Europe. While counterterrorism operations have largely crushed al Qaeda cells in Germany, Spain and Italy, there has been evidence that the jihadist network's cells in London remain operational. The population in London provides an abundances of recruits of North African, Pakistani, Kashmiri and Arab origin, in addition to non-Arab al Qaeda trainees -- Asif Hanif was a British-born Asian student from Birmingham responsible for the suicide bombing in a Tel Aviv nightclub in 2003.

London represents a prime target for major al Qaeda hit, namely for the United Kingdom's joint venture with the United States to lead the invasion into Iraq. Recently, there has been discourse in London between the clerics and Muslim population over who would be allowed to stage attacks in the city. Militants residing in London wanted to stage attacks inside the United Kingdom. However, the clerics forbade them to attack because they resided there with the thrust of the reasoning being if you held permanent residency, citizenship or a permanent visa, you were deemed as a partial supporter of the enemy and the attack could not be justified in the jihadist view. Thus, the hard-line clerics maintained that if an attack were to be carried out, it would have to be done by people who were not from inside the country. A great deal of backlash ensued against the hard-line clerics, which most likely made this a moot point and allowed this latest attack to be planned from underground cells in London.

If this is indeed al Qaeda it is likely an operational leader who traveled to London and worked with sympathetic locals to carry out the attack, in keeping with al Qaeda's operational structure they used in the first World Trade Center attack, East Africa, Manila and Madrid.
0 Replies