Latest London bombings look like amateur copy-cats

Letty

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 04:47 pm
Okay, Lash. I'll say it one more time. I think the bombing was a tactic to refuel the Patriot Act. Has nothing to do with Rowe, nor being a democrat, but everything to do with fear, and, of course, keeping the war in the middle East going.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
If the bombing was a tactic to "refuel the Patriot Act"--who did it? I'm pretty sure terrorists wouldn't go to all that trouble to "refuel the Patriot Act".

Who do you think did it?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
well, stepping in here for a moment, I rather imagine that it was terrorists that attempted today's bombing in London and I also suggest it was to encourage the US of A to pass the Patriot Act as in doing so they succeed in bringing down more basic liberties in the US of A by having it enacted into permanent law. Well, that or there are some dingbats in London who barely rise above being common street thugs (obviously brain-dead)and one of them had an idea (his nickname is "dim").
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
Lash, I don't THINK terrorists did it. The simple fact that it was harmless could very well be the key. You are intelligent enough to know that there are many things in this world that politicians will do to stay in power, both democrats and republicans or whatever. Now that's all that I have to say on the subject.

Hey, BBB. Glad you created this thread. Thanks, gal.

gone.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:18 pm
That's what I thought.

Bush or Blair did it.

This never ceases to amaze me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:24 pm
What's funny is the United States and England are acting exactly the way the terrorists want them to act. The two countries, and especially the United States, are descending, thanks to Bush and Co., into a quaqmire of overreaction and hysteria. Osama is sitting in his cave, chuckling.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:27 pm
Osama is in no cave, he has a very nice home on the 4th green at Palm Springs California.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:28 pm
Probably lives next to Lash.

Maybe they golf together.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:31 pm
Although I both like and respect you, Letty, I consider the idea that Bush and co. bombed London to get certain stories off the front page in the US newspapers to be absurd. I would guess that it was either the same terrorist group as the last time, or else, simply other people of the same sort who attempted to continue the work.

Even if you believed that Bush were capable of bombing London commuters for political reasons, potentially killing random civilians, why would he commit a crime, which, if discovered would result in impeachment, prison, and being reviled for the rest of American history, when he surely could create a diversion a dozen other more mundane ways? Do you know how many people would have to be involved in planting bombs in London buses and the chance that at least one of the agents, or explosives experts, or middle managers would talk during his lifetime? If such a plot were discovered by Britain, our greatest ally, it would cause a rift between us for a century. This is truly implausible.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:36 pm
Nothing is implausible with this scumbag administration. If they could get away with it, and make some money and political headway in the process, they would kill a million people and remorse would be nowhere to be found.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:40 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Nothing is implausible with this scumbag administration. If they could get away with it, and make some money and political headway in the process, they would kill a million people and remorse would be nowhere to be found.

I'd like to understand your opinion better. Hypothetically, let's say Bush, Cheney, Rove, et al could make X dollars by killing "a million people" - innocent civilians, of course. What would you think would be the minimum dollar figure for which they would commit this mass murder? Just curious about what you really think.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:43 pm
I'm no fan of this administration (I spend my time in horrified disbelief that it is the US administration) - but I think such a conjectured diversion is an unlikely scenario.

Seems copycat to me, with many possible opportunists doing it, including, but not limited to, associates of the bombers of two weeks ago.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:04 pm
Brandon wrote:
I'd like to understand your opinion better. Hypothetically, let's say Bush, Cheney, Rove, et al could make X dollars by killing "a million people" - innocent civilians, of course. What would you think would be the minimum dollar figure for which they would commit this mass murder? Just curious about what you really think.

I would guess if they could make five million apiece, they would do it. Except Cheney might be willing to sacrifice a million people for a couple grand.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:11 pm
Bush and Cheney don't need to kill civilians to make money. They are making a nickle a piece on every gallon of gas sold in this country.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:36 pm
And killing civilians in the process
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 07:01 pm
I am alternating laughing, and then crying, and then laughing again, at the posts above.

Surely, Lash, you might assume that my "shame" comment to you was with tongue in cheek, as I assume that you do not feel such shame.

And while I am more and more open to conspiracy theories, in general principle, I do not think that anyone, or group, with a vested interest in the Patriot Act, would attempt such a thing.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
I agree with Brandon - the simple equation of what's to be gained, what stands to be lost and the amount of weak links in the long chain that would be needed to be established to create this diversionary attack outside the US just doesn't make sense.

It seems that the police are in possession of much evidence as a result of these bombings (or failed bombings, depending on how you view them). It will be interesting to see if these are copycats or another more professional effort that somehow went wrong.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:35 pm
BBB
this discussion is getting out of hand so I will finally have to reveal the truth.

Dys paid the four bombers $10 each to screw up their bombing so badly that they left ample evidence behind, which might expose the London group involved.

Why would Dys do such a dastardly thing? He is still so pissed because Dennis Kuchinich wasn't elected president that he is driven to desperate measures.

Diane, you had better stuff Dys with his meds before he runs amok and does any more damage. If you don't get him under control, the Queen will send the palace guards to whomp him.

BBB
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:39 am
Quote:
He is still so pissed because Dennis Kuchinich wasn't elected president that he is driven to desperate measures.

Dys has the perfect defence in that case Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:52 am
What ? ! ? ! ?

Dys did this ? ! ? ! ?

That Bastard ! ! !
0 Replies