what do I have to do?

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 12:54 pm
I usually hate talking about my problem but I'm in a situation where I really need to know what other people would do if they were me. So its been almost two years now that i've met a guy, everything went really great with him we had a really big connection we were always texting and face timing each other and at some point he made me made feel special and since 3 months now I'm thinking that I should stop talking to him... it happened 6 months ago where he started to bring out often his girl bf in our convos I never felt any kind of jealousy because I have three guys best friend that I know and grew up with them since I'm 5 yr old. But at some point he started to act weird, he once told me that his girl bf was better without makeup than me and kept sometimes saying to me some things that kinda lowed my self estime and I even started comparing myself to her and wondering why is he still talking to me if all of what he saying was that the girl was better than me in every way. I don't understand why he was acting like that , I've never talked of my guys bfs to him so that he needed to take revenge... and now I'm constantly thinking that maybe its the best to stop talking to him. I feel like I'm trapped in a toxic environment but I don't know how to tell him because I don't want to ghost him and especially because he's constantly giving me mixed signals. if someone knows what I should do it will mean a lot for me.

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 01:34 pm
@Astrid 26,
Quote:
But at some point he started to act weird, he once told me that his girl bf was better without makeup than me and kept sometimes saying to me some things that kinda lowed my self estime and I even started comparing myself to her and wondering why is he still talking to me if all of what he saying was that the girl was better than me in every way. I don't understand why he was acting like that , I've never talked of my guys bfs to him so that he needed to take revenge... and now I'm constantly thinking that maybe its the best to stop talking to him. I feel like I'm trapped in a toxic environment

Hi - sorry about that - you do know what to do you said it right here "..now I'm constantly thinking that maybe its the best to stop talking to him. I feel like I'm trapped in a toxic environment..."

You are in a toxic environment, you do not need to be trapped. You are constantly thinking that maybe its best to stop talking to him - you know why you are constantly thinking that? Because it is probably best for you. You just need someone to say yes you are right.

You are also right about his words lowering your self esteem. I take it he is doing exactly that - saying these cruel things to lower your self esteem. You are better than that - dump his a$$.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 01:40 pm
I agree with Linkat
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 01:52 pm
And I agree with both of them. Take it from 3 assertive older women who've been there. You shouldn't hang with anyone who makes you feel badly about yourself. There are too many other lovely people out there. Just block him from your devices. He doesn't need an explanation.
0 Replies