Poll: Happy Belated Father's Day 2021! Did you do anything special for the holiday?

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:30 pm
Hi. I just realized June 20th 2021 was Father's Day. I did try to wish my pastor a Happy Father's Day and I asked my next-door neighbor to tell her son I wished him a Happy Father's Day. I didn't think to wish my ex-pastor a Happy Father's Day, he is usually busy on Saturdays.

To all the dads here -

Happy Belated Father's Day 2021!

Did you all do anything special for the holiday? I am curious.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 8
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:40 pm
I'm not a dad and my biological dad passed shortly about a month after 9/11. The holiday doesn't really apply to me.

I do want to wish my ex-pastor a Happy Belated Father's Day when I get the chance.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 01:52 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. I just realized June 20th, 2021 was Father's Day. I did try to wish my pastor a Happy Father's Day and I asked my next-door neighbor to tell her son I wished him a Happy Father's Day. I didn't think to wish my ex-pastor a Happy Father's Day, he is usually busy on Saturdays.

To all the dads here -

Happy Belated Father's Day 2021!

Did you all do anything special for the holiday? I am curious.

Please help. Thank you.

- FIXED.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 03:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Father’s Day was a Sunday.

I had a great time with my kids.
cherrie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:17 am
@izzythepush,
Father's Day isn't until September here.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:19 am
@cherrie,
I still had a great time, I got a Calvados tasting kit with six different calvadoses.
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 05:55 am
Spent it with my husband (as he is a dad) - like you my dad passed away a while ago.

Our older daughter is on a road trip with her cousins visiting some family so she was not able to celebrate with us.

My husband likes his celebrations to span a weekend so Saturday (as my younger daughter was working) my husband an I went into Boston for dinner (haven't done that in quite a long time) and it was a beautiful evening. On Sunday my daughter had to work in the late afternoon so instead we went to a small seaside town near us, got some ice cream and just walked around and enjoyed the scenery and weather. After getting back home and my daughter again off to work, my neighbor saw my husband hanging outside which ended up escalating to the two beer drinking (not too much, but enough for them to be jolly) before the neighbor realized - oh I should be home with the family on father's day and up and left. We then grilled some steak tip skewers and just hung out for a while.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
That sounds good, you did well.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2021 07:12 am
@cherrie,
I did, haven’t had them yet, and I’m looking forward to it.

Calvados has always been my favourite spirit.
0 Replies