Current to wires is skewing images of security camera

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 06:12 pm
In short security footage caught my neighbor running wire into my yard. What happens as a consequence is my security cameras image output is skewed not clear and crisp as it was before this happened. How is this possible and what can I do to intercede this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 623 • Replies: 13
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 06:21 pm
@Cflower002,
It's probably not related. Something else happened to your camera, maybe it got bumped or something got on the lens. I would just try cleaning it. Of course there is still the question of what your neighbor was doing in your yard, you should probably ask them.
roger

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2021 06:42 pm
@engineer,
I would certainly want to know, and maybe a little something about those wires.
0 Replies

Cflower002

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2021 12:06 pm
@engineer,
I did have the alarm company out to do as you suggested. I’ve turned the footage over to the proper authority. I’m just wondering how a closed loop current could effect the camera footage same with just taking a picture with my iPad. They were not physically in my yard rather stuck the line that bored the hole under the fence into my yard., I wish I could attach the picture as I caught this wire feeder laying the white wire while behind me used black wire. Wondering if there is something I could do besides dig up my entire yard?
engineer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2021 12:14 pm
@Cflower002,
That's just it, it can't. It would take a pretty impressive magnetic field to impact your house wiring. Of course, you don't have to dig up your yard, you just need to expose the wire in one place and cut it, no current -> no magnetic field -> no interference. But the whole thing is really unlikely in the first place.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2021 01:13 pm
@Cflower002,
One other thought: is it possible you have data compression active on your ipad
or security system and that is degrading image quality?
Cflower002

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2021 10:14 pm
@engineer,
I appreciate your input, I had this system professionally installed as they usually do business settings. Had I not gone back in the footage I would of never knew what was going on. In your opinion would a GB1 ground loop blocker do any good? These cameras do not point in windows or yards just my own and partial street out front. I’m responsible, but have suffered a lot of property damage and couldn’t afford not to do something. The neighbor is a retired electrician. They were at it for over a month. Black cooper wire in the back and white wire in the side yard not sure of the importance there. Thank you in advance for your input
Cflower002

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 01:06 am
@Cflower002,
One last thing this is not just one wire it’s over my guess a hundred. Then we also hear generators at times. I contacted my power company and went thru usage and we also found like I mentioned a hot wire we cut and capped off. My power bill 50.00 dollars cheaper. Wether connected or not is a magnetic field consider closed loop current? And they are not wired into my home wiring with this they ran the wire into my yard . From what I see on film is that the hole is made, wire fed until it pokes out of the ground with a zip tie at the end going thru my grass and the rock in the side yard. I’m just dense when it comes electricity and the many th8ngs it can effect. Science was not my forte. I’m trying to get an understanding of what it is I see. Thank you
engineer

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:39 am
@Cflower002,
Honestly, you should ask you neighbor what he was doing. It's hard to believe they could generate a big enough field to do anything to your security system. It's also hard to figure out what they are trying to do. The only reason I can think of to run wires into a field is for a ham radio setup. A long antenna can boost your reception, but I don't think you would want to bury it.

Still, if you have wires on your property, you can just cut them. You don't have to dig them up.
Cflower002

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 06:47 pm
@engineer,
I would love to cut them but being they are under the cement drive way in holes in my back lawn, my neighbor is not going to tell me anything I told him to remove what he put into my yard he said prove it and here I am, I’m not sure except on my footage it’s static. These are not normal neighbors and is why I’m in the process of selling but disclosures and such make it hard. I can only tell you what I seen taking place over several weeks. And very quietly as well. I thought it was more a mind meld then anything but with the damage I see to the cement and such. Would it be reception is the only way to create static because one thing I did notice is it’s all footage now, and if it were right from the start I would have not had a clear picture at all, so is reception the only way to create this static or is there other signs I should be looking for.?
roger

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:12 pm
@Cflower002,
Neighbors are installing wires underground and under cement and you can do nothing about it? That's almost unbelievable.
Cflower002

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:54 pm
@roger,
I didn’t say I can’t do nothing I’m saying I turned that over to the authorities, as anyone would do, it’s not bodily injury so it’s low on the totem pole. It will be handled. I’m saying for my own self I’m simply trying to acquire some more understanding, for me and if there are other things I should look at. I’m just a girl here with little to zip knowledge of how these things coincide work together or against each other is all.
0 Replies

Cflower002

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:03 pm
@engineer,
In order to reach the wire or wires you have to dig . It’s not like they are still sticking up at ground level. Footage which was not effected is now effected this is why I was asking if reception in the coax which from point to point to the central point 90 ft at the longest, and less then 50ft at the shortest run is my best guess. Is this the only way to create this static I see in the footage, ?
Ragman

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2021 12:00 pm
@Cflower002,
I must be missing something here but why don’t you just ask him?
0 Replies