PCR-Test Cycle Threshold Issue

Glennn

Thu 8 Apr, 2021 08:38 am
The PCR test that was used to detect coronavirus was set at a 40-cycle threshold of amplification/replication as per the FDA's recommendation. However, even infectious disease "expert" Tony himself is on record stating that an amplification/replication cycle above 35 is going to spit out almost all false-positives; others say anything above 30 cycles is meaningless. There was even a New York Times article stating that the PCR test has spit out 90% false-positives. It takes almost zero critical thinking skills to draw the obvious conclusion. Ninety percent false positives means no pandemic.

So, why did the FDA recommend a cycle-threshold of 40? That's a rhetorical question; they obviously wanted to create the illusion of a pandemic. Also, why didn't Tony bother to speak up concerning what can only be described as a deliberate and gross misapplication of a test? We'll never know because, thanks to a complicit media, Mr. Fauci is not required to publicly answer even one challenge to his dire predictions which are based on 90% false positive returns from a PCR test that was knowingly set too high.

Unfortunately, unless some talking head comes on tv and tells people it's okay to apply their own critical thinking skills to those factual numbers, they won't do it. They think they need permission to make the obvious inference and then respond to the falsehood they've been fed. And the real kicker is that the only ones they'll accept permission from are the same ones who neglected to inform them of the reason for all the false positives in the first place.

So, given what we now know about the PCR-test, and how it was set too high despite all of the "experts" involved, how should we respond to a 90% false positive rate?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 26,738 • Replies: 364
Topic Closed

Glennn

Sun 11 Apr, 2021 06:26 am
Tony: “…If you get [perform the PCR test at] a cycle threshold of 35 or more…the chances of it being replication-confident [aka accurate] are miniscule…you almost never can culture virus [detect a true positive result] from a 37 threshold cycle…even 36…”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone disagree with him?

No?

Good, cuz he's telling the truth.

What could it mean?

Anyone?
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 11 Apr, 2021 08:36 am
"Experts" claim that the "vaccine" will provide herd immunity.

"Experts" claim that the "vaccine" does not prevent infection or transmission.

Experts are either extremely confused, or they're trying their hand at gaslighting, and it's working very, very well. When your established authority figures make two diametrically opposed statements of fact like the ones above, and you wait around for someone to tell you which one is true, you should instead make the determination that such opposing facts necessarily come from very confused minds.

Instead of realizing that, the general population obediently assumes that there's something wrong with them and not the ones who are feeding them the contradictory information while thumbing their nose at their own life-saving advice. Just how confused do these "experts" have to show themselves to be before you'll even begin to question their sincerity?
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 11 Apr, 2021 08:47 am
In order to understand how it is that people will accept two conflicting statements at a time, like the ones below, consider the McGurk effect. In the case of the "vaccine," they can tell you that it will provide herd immunity while at the same time telling you that it hasn't been shown to prevent infection or transmission. Both can't be true, so, which one will you believe? Obviously, a product that was never designed to prevent infection or transmission will not provide herd immunity.

However, your brain has been tricked into believing one of the statements over the other based on your faith in the media darling tony who doesn't even follow his own recommendations. If you've elevated tony to the position of all-knowing virus fighter, you won't hear anything except that which validates what you think you know about him.

McGurk effect: https://youtu.be/2k8fHR9jKVM

If your neighbor offered you the same kind of ass-backwards thinking, you'd have no problem straightening them out. But not tony. Tony can decide to not wear a mask in public, and then refer to anyone who catches him screwing up as mischievous. I just want to know what I have to do to enjoy the same privileges as tony.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 04:58 am
good question.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 07:34 am
There's a very simple principle here. You are ignorant. Experts are not ignorant

Don't be offended by this. The word ignorant just means you don't know something. The way you know something is to spend time learning it. And when you do that you become an expert.

When I am flying on an airplane I leave the actual flying to an expert. I want the person at the controls of the airplane to actually know what he's talking about. He is the expert because he spent years going to pilot school and training and I did not. I could sit and criticize what he's doing or point out the things that don't make sense to me. But almost certainly when things don't make sense to me it is because I don't have a clue on how to fly airplane not because the actual pilot is doing it wrong.

This rejection of experts in something as important as public health is ridiculous.
Glennn

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 07:59 am
@maxdancona,
Your appeal to authority is noted, and I will give it the attention it deserves.

If you have something to offer to rebut anything I've said, produce it. Otherwise, worship your authority figures in the appropriate religious thread.
maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 08:14 am
@Glennn,
There is nothing to rebut, You are making an appeal to ignorance.

You are just spouting nonsense about things you know nothing about. What's the point? On this particular subject I am almost as ignorant as you are. That is why I listen to people who have real expertise.
Glennn

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 08:22 am
@maxdancona,
People, note max's reluctance to challenge even one of my points. It's because he actually believes that an appeal to authority is an argument. It isn't. I'll keep referring you to his future posts where he will again fail to actually prove me wrong, but will swear that he has.

Let's wait and see if he's ready to present his argument. Maybe he'll help us all to understand how and why the following makes any sense:

Go ahead, max, give it your best shot.
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 08:29 am
You better go get Father Tony . . .
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 08:38 am
Good boy . . .

Maybe my down-thumbers would care to come out from behind max and help him out with his deficiencies here.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 12:17 pm
I have no problem admitting my deficiencies on this topic. I have never taken even a single microbiology course. I have no real knowledge of viruses. I haven't put in the work to gain any level of expertise in this area.

The expert in this field have put in the time to become experts. They are taking the classes they've done the experiments they've done the problem sets. It takes 10 to 12 years to earn a doctorate in biology. This hard work and study makes them experts.

You and me arguing about this topic would be like to average 6 year olds arguing about the best way to use a clutch while shifting a manual transmission. It's ridiculous to have an argument when neither of us know what the hell we're talking about.

I have no trouble admitting that I'm not an expert in an area where I have no expertise. You seem to think you know more than experts. That's the difference between us.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 01:01 pm
I have a fair amount of expertise in physics because I spent time getting a Physics degree. It frustrates me when someone disagrees with the experts on a topic in physics and when I start to explain the partial differential equation I find out that they can't even pass a high school calculus test. Having this argument is a waste of both of our times because they simply don't have the knowledge to understand it.

I have also spent time developing expertise in poker. In addition to countless hours at poker tables, I have spent a lot of time taking courses, reading books, poker math and simulations. I have done the work and I'm now a objectively profitable poker player, I consistently make money over the long-term and I have done so for years.

Strangely, when someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about starts an argument about poker it doesn't frustrate me. There is an unwritten rule among expert poker players that if somebody is pretending to have expertise when they really don't know what they're talking about, we don't correct them. This might have to do with the fact that in this one case letting idiots pretend to be experts actually makes us money.
Glennn

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 03:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Max!

You're falling right back into your appeal to authority approach. This is a debate thread, max. You need to challenge the things I've said, not just hide behind the authority figures you invoke.

Here, let's get back on track.

Experts are either extremely confused, or they're trying their hand at gaslighting, and it's working very, very well. When your established authority figures make two diametrically opposed statements of fact like the ones above, and you wait around for someone to tell you which one is true, you should instead make the determination that such opposing facts necessarily come from very confused minds.

Instead of realizing that, the general population obediently assumes that there's something wrong with them and not the ones who are feeding them the contradictory information while thumbing their nose at their own life-saving advice. Just how confused do these "experts" have to show themselves to be before you'll even begin to question their sincerity?
___________________________________________________________________________________

Are you going to refer me to the same "experts" who fed you those diametrically opposed statements? It would seem that someone calculated that your childlike belief in authority would override your adultlike acceptance of the facts. It would also seem that they calculated right.

Why didn't tony, or any of the "experts" you put your faith in, speak up and say something about the PCR-tests being set ridiculously high?

Go ahead . . .

I'm being mischievous, aren't I?
maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 03:54 pm
@Glennn,
Why do you put the word "vaccine" in quotes?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 03:56 pm
@Glennn,
To answer your question...

The likely solution is that you are confused.

You are so focused on how smart you are that you haven't even considered this possibility.
maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 04:12 pm
@Glennn,
You seem to have an arrogant assumption that you can't possibly be wrong. I can think of many ways that you might be wrong.

1. You could be wrong about what the experts say about the ability of vaccines to reduce infection or transmission. This can also be nuanced. For example that could be a reduction and infection rates without eliminating it.

2. You could be wrong about how herd immunity works. Again I'm not an expert but I imagine that there's a mathematical model for herd immunity. I don't know the variables involved here any more than you3

3. There could be some other way you're wrong about the relationship between these two factors. I can't say what this is because I'm not an expert.

I can't tell you how you're wrong because I am not an expert. But I do know that I am ignorant on this topic, that you're ignorant on this topic and that the experts aren't ignorant on this topic.
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Yeah but max, you're doing everything but addressing the point I'm making.

So let's not leave that point until you address it one way or another. So, why didn't tony, or any of the "experts" you put your faith in, speak up and say something about the PCR-tests being set ridiculously high? Why would tony and the other "experts" remain so close mouthed about that? Or, are you of the opinion that the cycle threshold of the PCR-test was not set ridiculously high?

Are you saying that if I join you in your worship of "experts," those two opposing statements will make sense? Explain.
maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 06:35 pm
@Glennn,
Exactly! Why would I address a topic that I know almost nothing about? I am ignorant on this area. You are ignorant on this area. What's the point of two people arguing about a topic that they're both completely ignorant about?

You are being silly! You invented two statements that you say experts say. Then you claim that your two statements are contradictory. You're basically arguing with yourself.
maxdancona

Wed 14 Apr, 2021 06:41 pm
@Glennn,
Let me ask you a question from an area in which I do have expertise. Yes or no; do you believe that the Earth orbits the Sun ( rather than the other way around)?
0 Replies