Were the Atlanta spa killings that transpired recently politically-motivated?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 07:49 am
This is also happening with the Black Lives Matter movement.

When someone pulls out a knife and lunges towards a police officer... it is reasonable to expect that they are going to get shot. There are a lot of White people who get shot by police.

Systemic Racism means that Black people are more likely to get shot due to social attitudes towards minority, policy and training that targets minority communities as places of crime. By discussing systemic racism, we can educate the public about the problem and for the police we can provide new training and policies.

There are practical ways to change things for the better. We can look at facts, consider options, and create new education and policy. This is hard work because it is real. You need to not only listen to the minority community. You also need to listen to the police officers and people and general. But it can be done.

If you are going to scream "racism" every time a person of color dies, it makes things worse. It makes no logical sense, and all it does is breeds outrage.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 08:00 am
@maxdancona,
You can’t help yourself can you?

The fact he deliberately killed Asian women is proof he is racist, we’re not talking about a car accident where the victims were one race or another.

Only another racist would mealy mouth the racist intentions of someone like that. At least you’re not victim blaming the women for their occupations. It seems in this case your racism trumps your misogyny.

Now you can go back to subjecting Hightor to your half baked assumptions and bigotry. I’m not interested.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 08:03 am
@izzythepush,
This is logic 101

1. If he deliberately killed Asians because they were Asians, then he was a racist.

2. If he killed sex workers at massage parlors, and they were Asians because that's who were there, then he was not a racist.

This isn't that complicated.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 08:05 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This is also happening with the Black Lives Matter movement.

When someone pulls out a knife and lunges towards a police officer... it is reasonable to expect that they are going to get shot. There are a lot of White people who get shot by police.

Systemic Racism means that Black people are more likely to get shot due to social attitudes towards minority, policy and training that targets minority communities as places of crime. By discussing systemic racism, we can educate the public about the problem and for the police we can provide new training and policies.

There are practical ways to change things for the better. We can look at facts, consider options, and create new education and policy. This is hard work because it is real. You need to not only listen to the minority community. You also need to listen to the police officers and people and general. But it can be done.

If you are going to scream "racism" every time a person of color dies, it makes things worse. It makes no logical sense, and all it does is breeds outrage.

I'll tell you what "breeds outrage" in me, Max. The thought of a young white male carrying what most would describe as an "assault weapon" walking back toward police lines in Kenosha, Wisconsin, saying, "I just killed somebody"...and being allowed to continue back towards the line CARRYING THE WEAPON...

...when if it had been a young black male, he would have been riddled with bullets from the police.

That is what frosts my balls.

But...no racism involved, right?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 08:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Max has shown time and again he is the friend of racists, xenophobes and misogynists.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 08:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
1. Do you accept that White people are killed by police each year?

2. Do you accept that in a perfectly fair society, some Black people will be killed by police each year (because that is how police work)?

3. What do you think a rational solution is to the problem.

My son (who is person of color if that matters) is a police officer. He straps on a gun every day, and steps out into a tough job. He is trained that sometimes he may need to shoot people... that is part of the job. I imagine that when he draws his gun he may have to make a split second decision and that not shooting someone may lead to the death of himself or innocent bystanders.

I believe that the police are necessary and that sometimes the use of deadly force is necessary. It doesn't make sense to give the police a gun and then tell them there may be life-ruining consequences for using it against a politically sensitive suspect. You can't ask police to consider political ramifications of their choices during an emergent life or death situation.

The police need great training. The police also need security that if they follow the guidelines and their training they will be supported by the community (even in the use of deadly force).

This doesn't take away from the need to have Black Lives Matters or to address what is clearly systemic racism in our society.

I fail to see how the outrage helps come up with real solutions.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 08:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But...no racism involved, right?

You can say "everything is racism".
You can say "nothing is racism".

It seems to me that is one of those times when there is room in the middle for rational thought between these two extremes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 02:30 pm

Quote:
It happened again last week when presidential contender Andrew Yang faced criticism because he said that SNL should not have fired comedian Shane Gillis of a racist comments Gillis made about Asians. That’s when the internet did what it does best and deemed Yang a racist for not being offended. Because if he wasn’t offended… well someone had to be.

Quote:
I have taken an informal sampling among some black folks I know and the consensus seems to be: awareness, yes, is great. White people certainly should acknowledge they’ve had it easier go of it. But black folks are not asking white’s to always be flagellating themselves, because it makes everything awkward, all right? It puts the burden on black people to absolve YOU. It’s really asking black people to again do something for YOU: forgive ME, absolve ME, recognize that I’m one of the good white people. Jesus, haven’t black people suffered enough? Slavery, Jim Crow… and now I got to make some yuppie feel better about himself? As a black friend of mine said—and I quote—”I’m doing a'ight, I don’t need your pity.”

0 Replies