I Care a Lot (Alot)

gollum

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 06:44 pm
It is a fictional story but do such things happen in real life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,581 • Replies: 28
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:48 pm
@gollum,
it's not Alot, it's two words, a lot.
gollum

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 05:25 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag-

Thank you.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 05:40 am
@gollum,
If you mean elder abuse and exploitation, yes it happens. I don't know if how it happens in the movie is accurate. More often it is done by relatives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 07:32 am
I doubt it would happen as depicted in the movie, where a court enforces the abuse against the protest of a relative.

I can picture it happening when there is no one to protest the abuse however.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 09:15 am
It’s a sign of good acting when you really dislike the bad guy in the movie. Rosamund Pike is deliciously detestable.
gollum

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:29 pm
@snood,
Yup!

I had to turn off the movie, I got so angry!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 01:57 pm
@gollum,
I didn't realize you were talking about a movie. Is it a recent release?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 02:03 pm
@glitterbag,
It is, I had to google it as well. Even if they’re not embezzling their clients, lawyers fees are very high anyway which is the main reason I became my mother in law’s PoA to protect the children’s inheritance.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 03:12 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Yes it was a Netflix release. Very entertaining. I think they glorify the crooks a bit, but it was worth it see Rosamund Pike and Peter Dinklage. Two faves.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2021 07:34 pm
@snood,
Mr. G'bag just pulled up this movie.......we're only about 20 minutes in and already we really hope this turns into a revenge flick. I'll respond after we finish the flick.
snood

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2021 07:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Isn’t that character easy to hate?😄
glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 12:45 am
@snood,
Yesssssss, this is terrible to admit, but both of us heaved a big sigh of relief when the villain was finally shot. Does this make me a bad person? I don't know, ask if I give a freep.
snood

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 03:40 am
@glitterbag,
If it makes you bad people, then the millions who have seen this movie are all bad people too because I bet we all were glad she got shot. In fact, from reading a couple of reviews and interpretations of the movie, a lot of folks thought shooting was way too nice for her.

It actually kind of rattled me that she was able to get away with so much. I guess I’m old fashioned that way. I need the ‘bad guy’ to get what’s coming to him/her.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 03:54 am
@snood,
My younger son is autistic, very loving and friendly. He’s incredibly popular at the barbers, apparently someone had just failed their driving test and they weren’t at all happy until they went to get their hair cut. Five minutes in my son’s company cheered him right up.

Yet he loves nothing better than action movies where the bad guys get the **** kicked out of them.
snood

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 05:29 am
@izzythepush,
I think those of us who may have suffered while growing up at the hands of bullies may cheer a little louder at the parts of movies where a bad person gets the **** kicked out of him.😀
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 05:53 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I didn't realize that either...and after the rave comments was making plans to get access to it for my wife and myself.

Unfortunately, I kept reading...and some of the comments should have been made with a spoiler alert...and kept hidden.

I'll probably still watch it. Pike and Dinklage are both great...and will undoubtedly live up to expectations.
snood

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 06:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Dang. Sorry, Frank. I hate when that’s done to me. I should’ve given a warning. There might still be enough twists to make it interesting, but - sorry.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 06:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
EEK, sorry Frank.....watch it anyway......there are enough surprises to keep you entertained.
snood

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 06:29 am
@glitterbag,
Were you a GoT watcher? That’s where I first started paying attention to Dinklage.