Just curious. COVID related Movie theater thread.

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 09:44 am
One year ago (+two days), Fathom Events held a special screening of a remastered copy of Tokyo Godfather. 8 days later, movie theaters (amongst other businesses) in NYC were shuttered.

Prior to seeing the anime film, I got to see Pixar's Onward on the IMAX screen on its mostly empty opening Friday afternoon screening.

So? What was the last movie you seen at the movie theater -preCOVID shutdown? Do you plan on going back to the movie theaters when they reopen up again? OR have you already been to the movie theater if the movie theaters reopened earlier months ago?

engineer

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 10:55 am
@tsarstepan,
I can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater. I did get to sit in a nice one last week... the local megaplex is a vaccine center and you wait your 15 minutes in one of the theaters. They did not play trailers though. I thought it was a missed opportunity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 08:09 pm
My last movie was Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker.

I went to a city to see it in 4K on a 52 foot screen with Atmos audio, then I saw it a second time at a local theater in 3D.

I'll resume going to theaters once I've been vaccinated and the nation has achieved herd immunity. Both conditions must be met.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 06:22 am
I’ve been to the movies once during their modified for Covid setup. Saw News of the World, the western with Tom Hanks. There was a total of two people there for that showing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 05:39 am
Cinemas are still closed over here.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 05:46 am
Now I’ve been to two movies in Covid times.

Went to see the movie “Nobody” a week or so ago. I was one of five people who attended the matinee showing.

So, the movie theatres are open here, but they have the seating cordoned off in a way so that the maximum capacity is about one fourth of what it was. But attendance is low anyway because people are evidently being cautious about resuming normal activities.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2021 07:56 pm
I think it was "1917." Two weeks after I receive my second Covid shot (I've had the first), I'll begin going back to theaters.
0 Replies