How stupid is Trump?

hingehead

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2023 07:55 pm
I"m not a huge fan of SNL but this is positively Stanislavskian https://twitter.com/i/status/1644910294525702144
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2023 04:52 am

https://iili.io/Hki5k8B.jpg
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2023 05:08 am
Trump Claims ‘Crying’ Courthouse Workers Said ‘I’m Sorry’ During Arraignment

Quote:
But were these “big strong men” who called him “sir” with “tears in their eyes?” During his first post-arrest TV interview with Fox News host (and one-time passionate hater) Tucker Carlson on Tuesday, former President Donald Trump insisted that the Manhattan courtroom was filled with tearful employees at his recent arraignment. “They were incredible,” the twice-impeached ex-president declared. “When I went to the courthouse which is also a prison in a sense, they signed me in and, I’ll tell you, people were crying.” Noting that he was talking about professionals “that have no problems putting in murderers,” Trump added that it’s a “tough, tough place and they were crying.” Reiterating that “they were actually crying,” Trump then claimed the courthouse workers also “said I’m sorry.” Trump is currently facing 34 felony counts for falsifying business records in an alleged hush-money scheme involving adult film star Stormy Daniels.

db
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2023 07:00 am
@hightor,
They were laughing through tears and apologizing for laughing.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2023 07:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,

#TearsOfJoy
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2023 07:26 am
The Tangerine Scream Learns of Latest Legal Setbacks in his Rape Trial:

https://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/12-61d8411bb6606__700.jpg

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/e-jean-carroll-rape-suit/citing-trumps-attacks-on-hush-money-judge-court-keeps-e-jean-carroll-rape-jury-completely-anonymous/

Citing Trump’s attacks on ‘hush money’ judge, court keeps E. Jean Carroll rape jury completely anonymous

Adam KlasfeldApr 10th, 2023, 4:04 pm Updated Apr 10th, 2023, 4:24 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2023 08:35 pm
Trump Lawyer Begs Judge To Delay Upcoming Assault Trial

Donald Trump is set to go to trial in less than two weeks in a case filed against him by reporter E. Jean Carroll, but his lawyer sent a letter to the judge this week begging for a one-month extension. The lawyer, Joe Tacopina, says that they need a "cooling off" period since the indictments against the former president hit last week, but since the two cases are NOT related, this should not be an issue. Ring of Fire's Farron Cousins explains what's happening.

=================

*This transcript was generated by a third-party transcription software company, so please excuse any typos.

Donald Trump's lawyer, Joe Taina, has sent a letter to the court begging them to please give us an extra month before Donald Trump has to go on trial. In the trial for the case brought by Eugene Carroll alleging that he sexually assaulted her in a department store dressing room in the early 1990s. This, of course, is the famous Eugene Carroll case, the one that I more than any of these other Trump investigations have been waiting for for so long, because it may prove, depending on how the jury rules that the former president did in fact rape somebody in the nineties. I, I, I think that's, that's probably the most important thing out there to know about this man.

Trial was set for April 25th. Taina says, well, hold your horses, folks. We can't go to trial right now. I don't know if you notice this, but my client just got indicted in New York. So Taina is begging the judge. Listen, obviously a lot of people got their minds made up about my client here, and we just want time for it to, as he says, cool down. Let's let it cool down for a bit before he has to go in front of another jury that's going to determine whether or not he sexually assaulted somebody. But here's the thing, Joe, when, and you know this, Joe, I don't even know why I'm explaining it to you. I'm do, I'm acting like I'm explaining it to you so I can explain it to the audience. When you're doing any kind of trial, one of the things you want to do, especially if you're trying to prove bad behavior, is to establish a pattern of bad behavior, which of course is why you lost the motion to bar other witnesses who say that Trump assaulted them from, from the trial.

But it's also why that case in New York, believe it or not, is actually relevant because that case in New York, those indictments are actually just further proof that this guy doesn't like to follow the law. Now, the law could be don't falsify business documents or the law could be don't sexually assault somebody in a department store dressing room. Doesn't matter what it is, because if these, uh, plaintiff's lawyers are able to establish that this man has a pattern of behavior where he clearly ignores the law, then that actually bolsters their case. And that's actually what you're afraid of. That jury that's gonna hear this case, whether it starts on April 25th, or whether it starts a month from then, they're not gonna have forgotten those Trump indictments, that that's not something that's just gonna be swept under the rug and go away. So those, as you call them, uh, uh, what is it, the, the prejudicial feelings they may have, they're not gonna go away. It's not gonna cool down.

Your client is a guy that most of the country believes should be prosecuted. That's not going to change by giving the jurors, in this case, an extra month. They're scared of what this case could prove. That's what this is about. They're not worried that the jury's gonna come in with these preconceived notions. They are terrified that Trump can't win and that it's gonna make everybody think that he is a rapist.
Mame

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 04:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I believe the request was denied.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 06:38 am
@Mame,
Bigly, and by a Judge with short patience for 45's legal bumbling already.
Mame

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 08:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Yeah, and it's heartening.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 08:55 am
@Mame,
I think the Orange Scream has finally played out his rope and the hanging is in the works.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 09:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,

him getting "lynched" by a "woke liberal" justice system would give me a warm-fuzzy...
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 09:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Revenge served cold. My favorite.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 09:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes, I think so, too. And if these Republican lawmakers continue with the massive book bannings, ultra-restrictive abortion laws, and unsafe no-permit/background check gun laws, they're going to alienate parents, would-be mothers, rape victims, university students, new voters, etc. People will sign up and turn out to vote and they will lose. I think some are starting to see Trump for what he really is - a low-down, cheating, lying, misogynistic, narcissistic, egomaniacal, elitist piece of crap that he is.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 09:52 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yes, I think so, too. And if these Republican lawmakers continue with the massive book bannings, ultra-restrictive abortion laws, and unsafe no-permit/background check gun laws, they're going to alienate parents, would-be mothers, rape victims, university students, new voters, etc. People will sign up and turn out to vote and they will lose. I think some are starting to see Trump for what he really is - a low-down, cheating, lying, misogynistic, narcissistic, egomaniacal, elitist piece of crap that he is.

Very well worded, Mame!

You've caught the essence of Trump.
Mame

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 02:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think his world is imploding, don't you? Warnings from judges, anonymous juries, hardly anyone at his rally, mockery from all around him. I watched a great video earlier today about Alvin Bragg vs Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZManzCAFdE

Gotta love it Smile
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 05:40 pm
Legal experts have questioned why Donald Trump did not invoke the Fifth Amendment when appearing for his second deposition in New York Attorney General Letitia James' business fraud lawsuit against his company.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-deposition-fifth-letitia-james-1794397

The former president arrived in New York on Thursday to answer questions as part of James' $250 million lawsuit alleging that The Trump Organization inflated or undervalued the worth of a number of assets and properties to obtain benefits such as better bank loans and reduced tax bills.

Trump last appeared for a deposition in the civil case in August 2022, but invoked his Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination hundreds of times rather than answering the questions.

In a statement on Thursday, Trump's attorney Chris Kise confirmed that the former president spent "nearly seven hours" answering questions in New York as part of his latest deposition hearing.

"The transactions at the center of this case were wildly profitable for the banks and for the Trump entities," Kise said. "When the facts of this success, and not politically engineered soundbites, are out in the open, everyone will scoff at the notion any fraud took place."

Former President Donald Trump arrives at Trump Tower on April 13, 2023, in New York City. Legal experts have questioned why Donald Trump did not invoke the Fifth Amendment when appearing for his second deposition in New York Attorney General Letitia James' business fraud lawsuit against his company. Getty Images/James Devaney/GC Images

Katie Phang, a lawyer and MSNBC legal analyst, suggested that it was a "colossal mistake by Trump to testify today before James' office, let alone for 7 hours..."

Responding to Phang's tweet, Dave Aronberg, a state attorney for Palm Beach County, Florida, said he was "shocked" that Trump "didn't invoke the Fifth" on Thursday.

"Same," Phang replied. "He still has serious exposure from the asset fraud investigations."

On April 4, Trump become the first U.S. president in history to be charged with a crime as part of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's investigation into allegations of falsified business records in relation to hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels to keep an alleged affair she had with the former president a secret ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

The $130,000 sum was listed by The Trump Organization as legal fees when Trump's former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen was reimbursed for the money he gave to Daniels, which prosecutors allege amounted to a violation of federal election laws.

Trump pleaded not guilty to all 34 charges against him, leading to speculation that the former president would invoke his Fifth Amendment right again while appearing for his deposition under James' case in order to protect himself in the criminal investigation.

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti said it was "interesting" that Trump decided not to take the Fifth during his deposition, especially as he repeatedly did so last time.

"Typically when a defendant is indicted, that makes him *more* likely to take the Fifth, not less," Mariotti said.

Replying to Mariotti's post, Eric Columbus, a former Department of Justice official, speculated that Trump decided not to invoke the Fifth on Thursday as he "may have (reasonably) concluded that the limited scope of the indictment, coupled with press reports, indicates that the Manhattan DA isn't pursuing any other charges against him."

Trump previewed his deposition hearing in a Truth Social post on Thursday, where he attacked the case and accused James, who is Black, of being "racist" towards him.

"Just arrived in Manhattan for a deposition in front of New York State's RACIST, TRUMP HATING Attorney General, Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, in another unjust & ridiculous persecution of The 45th President of the United States," Trump wrote.

"I built a GREAT & prosperous company, employed thousands of people, built magnificent structures all over the World, but particularly in New York, & now have to prove it to this LOWLIFE who campaigned on a 'I will get Trump' platform, even before knowing anything about me!"

Trump's office has been contacted for comment via email.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2023 08:50 am
Judge rejects Trump's bid to learn juror names at defamation trial
Source: Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Donald Trump will not learn the identities of jurors expected to decide at an upcoming civil trial whether the former president defamed the writer E. Jean Carroll, who also claims Trump raped her.

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan on Friday rejected Trump's renewed effort to require that prospective jurors provide their names, employment and 38 other pieces of information on written questionnaires.

Kaplan said the law was "abundantly clear" it was his choice whether to use questionnaires, and nothing has changed his decision to seat an anonymous jury at the April 25 trial, reflecting the threat of juror harassment.

Lawyers for Trump did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-rejects-trumps-bid-learn-202548242.html
snood

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2023 09:42 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Damn, shouldn’t it be illegal for him to even be trying to get info on jurors?
coluber2001

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2023 11:37 am
There is a saying that it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Yogi Berra said it ain't over until it's over, referring to a baseball game.

Some would say it ain't over soon enough, referring to an opera (or a baseball game). But it also can also refer to a demagogue in politics.

The fat lady sang over two years ago, and, ironically, she's the only one who doesn't know it.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JadedHighlevelAntarcticfurseal-max-1mb.gif
0 Replies