How stupid is Trump?

oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2021 04:10 pm
@farmerman,
No impairments on my end.

There is a reason why appeals to the crowd are considered logical fallacies. It's because "what you lesser minds are impressed by" is not a matter of any importance.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2021 04:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think he'll have to wait until 2025 before returning to office.

Tell that to Trump and the Powell woman.

(Personally, I don't think he'll retain his hold on the Republican Party that long. I don't base that on anything more than a hunch so I'm not interested in arguing the point.)
oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2021 04:35 pm
@hightor,
The only thing that will break Mr. Trump's hold on the Republican Party will be the nomination of someone else as the Republicans' 2024 presidential candidate.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2021 08:58 pm
@hightor,
I really hope you're right about his retaining his hold. Hopefully something else will capture his interest.

This is a dangerous man. Machieavelli would've loved him.
Builder

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 02:01 am
@Mame,
Quote:
Hopefully something else will capture his interest.

The future of the nation is his interest.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 02:26 am
someone wrote:

The future of the nation is his interest.

He never evinced concern with anything more than soaking up the adoration of the MAGAtards as he promoted his cult of personality when he was in office — why would he become concerned with the "future of the nation" now?

https://i.imgur.com/UdIzxUT.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 10:28 am
I was going to post this on the Biden thread, but that’s been shut down due to the stupidity of Trump supporters.

Our news is heading with the fact that Biden will be meeting the Queen when he visits London next week.

Is it even considered newsworthy over there?

If anyone’s interested Biden will be the 12th serving US president to meet Liz.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
Actually it was shut down due to progressive lies and personal attacks.

I won't hear the news until this evening. I'll see if it's mentioned. And if so, how prominently.
snood

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 12:09 pm
@oralloy,
What a coincidence that every time a thread shuts down the last page is full of your posts.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 01:54 pm
@snood,
Specifically, my posts defending against progressive lies and personal attacks.

I realize that lies and personal attacks are quite often all that progressives are capable of.

But you know, you guys could consider just staying silent when you have nothing else to offer but lies and personal attacks.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 02:24 pm
@snood,
He got another thread shut down????? This is getting tedious.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 02:33 pm
@glitterbag,
No, you guys got another thread shut down. I merely defended myself from all you guys' lies and personal attacks.

You guys never seem to understand that when you make pages and pages of posts lying about me it tends to derail your own threads.

You're right about it being tedious though, just wrong about who is at fault. If you guys ever choose to stop spouting lies and personal attacks, you'll have my full support in that decision.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 02:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Yeah, same **** every time. He shows up and starts posting a lot of antagonistic gibberish to stir up **** and get attention. The thread bogs down when everyone tells him what they think of his alternate universe, and where to stick it. The thread becomes about him - which is all he wants. The moderators notice the deterioration of the subject matter into another Oralloy toxic mess, and shut it down.

It IS mind-numbingly tedious, but it’s worse than that. It’s a damn shame because we’ll never know how many times A2K posters have just kept their thoughts to themselves rather than post them and have them get swallowed up in another bottomless sump hole of exchanges with the MAGAT genius.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 02:57 pm
Since I've been back I've been stupefied how many seem to log on just to go tit for tat with the guy. He gets what he wants and more all day long every day.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 03:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hold on here. The last thing I want is for progressives to endlessly lie about me.

Did you miss all those posts I just made encouraging them to stop with their endless lies and personal attacks?

What I want is intelligent discussion with an intelligent adversary. Obviously progressives need not apply.
snood

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 03:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
You’re right Ed. I’m guilty of addressing him occasionally too, and I will even read like one in twenty of his endless posts. But you’re right that the only sane way to deal with him is to totally disregard him.
I know there wouldn’t be any valuable content missed.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 03:15 pm
@snood,
If there is one thing that progressives never value, it is truth and logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 03:16 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah, same **** every time. He shows up and starts posting a lot of antagonistic gibberish to stir up **** and get attention.

Translation: I post facts and logic, and progressives don't like that.

snood wrote:
The thread bogs down when everyone tells him what they think of his alternate universe, and where to stick it.

Translation: Progressives react to my posting of facts and logic with an endless storm of lies and personal attacks.

snood wrote:
The thread becomes about him - which is all he wants.

Wrong. I don't want you to spout endless lies and personal attacks against me.

I want you to shut up and stay silent so all the smart people can talk.

snood wrote:
The moderators notice the deterioration of the subject matter into another Oralloy toxic mess, and shut it down.

Don't blame me for your childish name-calling.

snood wrote:
It IS mind-numbingly tedious, but it’s worse than that. It’s a damn shame because we’ll never know how many times A2K posters have just kept their thoughts to themselves rather than post them and have them get swallowed up in another bottomless sump hole of exchanges with the MAGAT genius.

Your toxic name-calling does indeed ruin the site.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 04:19 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

You’re right Ed. I’m guilty of addressing him occasionally too, and I will even read like one in twenty of his endless posts. But you’re right that the only sane way to deal with him is to totally disregard him.
I know there wouldn’t be any valuable content missed.

Before I get accused, it's not my right and not my intent to tell anyone here what they can say and who they can talk to. Just made a personal observation.
snood

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2021 04:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I didn’t take it as anything but you expressing an opinion that I happen to agree with.