How stupid is Trump?

coluber2001

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2023 12:30 am
Thom Hartmann defines bare-bones fascism.

BillW

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2023 01:06 am
@coluber2001,
There is both a subliminal picture of Lady Liberty and the Wicked Witch of the West riding her broomstick east on colubber's post. Cool!!!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2023 09:43 am
https://i.postimg.cc/QxxX8nWv/1e.jpg
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2023 07:02 pm
Trump jokingly threatens to flee to Russia to avoid prosecution: 'I'd share a gold domed suite with Vladimir'

https://www.rawstory.com/media-library/donald-trump.jpg?id=33335403&width=150&height=100

Quote:
Donald Trump jokingly threatened to flee to Russia to avoid prosecution in Georgia.

A Fulton County judge set bond for the former president at $200,000, and Trump said he would surrender to authorities a day ahead of Friday's deadline, and then he issued a complaint about the conditions that acknowledged longstanding speculation that he would flee the country to evade accountability.

"The failed District Attorney of Fulton County (Atlanta), Fani Willis, insisted on a $200,000 Bond from me," Trump posted on Truth Social. "I assume, therefore, that she thought I was a 'flight' risk – I’d fly far away, maybe to Russia, Russia, Russia, share a gold domed suite with Vladimir, never to be seen or heard from again. Would I be able to take my very 'understated' airplane with the gold TRUMP affixed for all to see. Probably not, I’d be much better off flying commercial – I’m sure nobody would recognize me!"

rs

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2023 07:11 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4LRjMGXcAA0Gou.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2023 10:39 pm
@hightor,
I'm sure Vladimir would welcome him with open arms now or after he's convicted. He'd be worth a king's ransom in trade for convicted Russian spies.
BillW

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2023 10:49 pm
@coluber2001,
Valdi could probably handle about 6 months of the jerk - then it would. be, "Off with thehead"!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 06:32 am
@coluber2001,
Yesterday he make comment about going to Russia. I wish he would. The oligarchs who are for real gangsters would have him peeled in days. He'd be back at the US Embassy begging to be put into a safe US prison.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 09:41 am
There's a case to be made that Donald Trump was not lying about the election being stolen. Prof. Sam Vatnin said that narcissists cannot distinguish reality from their own fantasy. Occasionally, what Trump says accidentally corresponds to reality, so we assume that he's usually lying, making up lies as he goes along whenever it's convenient. But he may actually be expressing his own fantasy, confusing his fantasy from reality.

The big lie about the stolen election pushes the limit though, and it seems contrived because they are indications that he knew it was stolen. It's possible, though, that he slipped back into his fantasy.

The problem is that many of the politicians that support him are well aware that that the election was not stolen, yet they continue to support him and even ape his delirious contention. We assume that these people are not narcissists, not mistaking fantasy for reality. That in a sense makes them more dangerous than Trump because they're willing to forsake reality for Trump's fantasy, becoming gigantic liars for their own security.

The major point, though, is that if Trump is severely mentally ill, he shouldn't be in any position of power, and should be confined to a mental hospital rather than a prison where where he can get help rather than become a martyr.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 10:11 am
@coluber2001,
The perception of reality in psychosis is subject-centred:
"The schizophrenic is at the centre of events, everything has a meaning directed towards him. There is no neutral reality or uninvolved events. At the same time, he falls into a passive role, he is overwhelmed by events, similar to a dream, and cannot actively shape them.

Unlike in dreams, however, the sensory and spatial structure of reality perceived in psychosis is basically preserved.
The delusional thoughts and hallucinations are based in reality, the alienation of experience takes place in the real setting.

The best really would be to keep him in a closed psychiatric hospital.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 12:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If Trump is convicted and throw into prison, he'd be seen as a martyr to many of his followers, a great leader in the manner of Hitler languishing in prison because of a political crime. There he would write out his "Mein Kampf" analogue, which would be in reality his Mein Babble.

Alternatively, if he was put into a mental Institution because of an insanity plea, that would be very disappointing to his followers and might even lead to a personal crisis for many of them.

Whether he would consent to therapy while committed is doubtful because the consensus is that narcissism is untreatable. And you can't force therapy on people, but you can trade it for various privileges in the institution. Even if there is no improvement in Trump's mental situation, the possibility is always there. There is no positive outcome if he's put in prison.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 01:59 pm
https://i.ibb.co/wgw81qS/original-541906632.png
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2023 02:28 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

If Trump is convicted and throw into prison, he'd be seen as a martyr to many of his followers, a great leader in the manner of Hitler languishing in prison because of a political crime. There he would write out his "Mein Kampf" analogue, which would be in reality his Mein Babble.

Alternatively, if he was put into a mental Institution because of an insanity plea, that would be very disappointing to his followers and might even lead to a personal crisis for many of them.

Whether he would consent to therapy while committed is doubtful because the consensus is that narcissism is untreatable. And you can't force therapy on people, but you can trade it for various privileges in the institution. Even if there is no improvement in Trump's mental situation, the possibility is always there. There is no positive outcome if he's put in prison.

He couldn't write the words of Mary had a little lamb...if he were spotted the first three stanzas.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 05:56 am
@hightor,
Quote:
... I’m sure nobody would recognize me!"

The dumb **** confuses not being recognized with being ignored.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 06:42 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3HEIRxXkAAKhPp.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2023 08:43 pm
Mugshot of a sociopath who just got his hair done for the occasion so he would look pretty.
https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Donald-Trump-Mugshot.png.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2023 06:14 am

https://iili.io/HyR5eRt.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2023 11:44 am

https://iili.io/HyrtNYF.jpg

#GuiltyAF

#LockHimUpAlready

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2023 09:53 am
Maga Republicans believe Democracy doesn't work and want to replace it with a Russian-style oligarchy with a strong man fascist-type leader. Trump represents the strong man, a semi-literate narcissist who is popular with the masses who prop him up with an apparent legitimacy.

Voting would continue, but it would become meaningless as in Russia. Russians still vote, but Putin always wins because he has the power and the wins substantiate his legitimacy.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2023 10:09 am

Trump is liable in the second E. Jean Carroll defamation case, judge rules;
January trial will determine damages

(cnn)

Laughing
0 Replies