What will Trump's Legacy be?

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:03 pm
Its sad that one of the last things e will remember him by is this insurrection . Most presidents have left office with dignity and heads held high. even Nixon, knowing his end was near, chose to leave with some dignity.
Trump, it appears to me, is leaving as a petulant child, clueless of the US Constitution. Scholars have included him in the pantheon of the 3 worst presidents and a few have it between he and Andrew Johnson as the all time worst.
Im really saddened for our country, In a few days have lost all "bragging rights" about what a Democratic Republic as ours is anything to emulate...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,056 • Replies: 95

hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:11 pm
@farmerman,
I hope it dampens the widespread appeal of electing a "businessman" to the job. Public service is not simply an opportunity to embellish your "brand".
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 12:22 pm
@farmerman,
I am really curious about what happens to Trumps approval ratings in the short term. I am predicting they fall below 30% (currently at 42.6% on 538)... but what the hell do I know.
Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 01:46 pm
@maxdancona,
And I wonder when he’ll be removed from office and serve time for his crimes and involvement insurrection that resulted in 6 deaths, and domestic terrorism struck fear in the hearts of government and population at large. Phuque his goddamned ratings. Talk about missing the mark! He drags the patriotic feelings of the citizenry down and stains the fabric of democracy.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:02 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

And I wonder when he’ll be removed from office and serve time for his crimes and involvement insurrection that resulted in 6 deaths, and domestic terrorism struck fear in the hearts of government and population at large. Phuque his goddamned ratings. Talk about missing the mark! He drags the patriotic feelings of the citizenry down and stains the fabric of democracy.

I think the impeachment move with 12 days left is silly. I wonder if something else is going on (maybe this is a strategic move to accomplish something else).
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
His "brand" may have to wear a bigass stretch of chains like Marley;s Ghost. This will, if people dont have problems with long term memory, make it not great news should he plan another run for the presiency.
Right now, I think he realizes that hes being viewed as a narcissistic nutbag
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 04:50 pm
@farmerman,
The Q Anon and militia have said that Jan 6 was just a beginning,:A probe to see where we can begin the real fight"

Their suggested nex date is JAn 20

These guys seem serious and are pissed at Trump for "abandoning them"
maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The Q Anon and militia have said that Jan 6 was just a beginning,:A probe to see where we can begin the real fight"

Their suggested nex date is JAn 20

Nah... I am not too worried about them.

Trump spend 4 years blurring the lines between mushy conservative rhetoric and racist/militant crap. That was what drove us crazy, we knew about the dog whistles but could only cry "racism".

Now the bubble has burst. The conservative will be split from the real militant crazies. They don't have that much real strength. That was the best shot they will ever get at their "insurrection"... and it fizzled out pretty quickly. Worse, the American people turned against them right from the start.

Now they will go back to their bomb shelters, play with their guns, and whine about how their country has been stolen from them.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:45 pm
@farmerman,
There was a video that made me laugh (I can't find it right now)...

Some MAGA guy was expressing surprise and outrage that the capitol police weren't on their side as they were invading the capitol building. Heck You mean the cops ARENT on our side?

He was clueless. It was funny.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:03 pm
@maxdancona,
That guy with the hairshirt and Viking helmet with horns was just there to pick up girls. If the Donald doesnt lose all his money in court proceedings, I think he will be suiting up his minions in Khaki uniforms with gold cuffs and MAGA Schutzstaffel hats . He will be back with better dressed thugs
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:23 pm
@farmerman,
I heard that staff at Mar-a-Lago is being fitted out with new uniforms — hairshirts and Viking helmets with horns.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:28 pm
@hightor,
M Bork Bork
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:14 pm
@oralloy,
Imagine if that would become true. It would be worthy of a book by Stephen King.

Trump is an example of what we should avoid becoming, as Hightor said, let his be the negative evidence about how a "businessman" has the skills to be a great leader.
Scholars are leaning toward Trump being voted the WORST PRESIDENT , taking overAndrew Johnsons position that has remained unchallenged for over 150 years.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 11:26 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Mr. Trump will spend the next four years rallying America to oppose and undermine the Biden Administration.

Well, since your statistical credibility about Mr Trump has been not o great, I can say that, by the pure numbers, youre wrong
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 02:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The Q Anon and militia have said that Jan 6 was just a beginning: A probe to see where we can begin the real fight"

Their suggested next date is Jan 20

It's more than that, a lot sooner.

In post about why it banned Trump, Twitter warned that it has seen discussion of 'secondary attack' on the US Capitol on January 17

Charles Davis 6 hours ago

In a blog post, Twitter said its decision to suspend President Donald Trump's account was due to the fact he was "likely to inspire" more violence like that seen at the US Capitol.

His tweets, the company said, "are being received and understood as encouragement to do so."

While the president's claimed his right to "free speech" was being violated, free speech advocates defended the right of private company's to air the content of their choosing.

"Today's news, while a day late and a dollar short, is welcome. I urge other social-media companies to follow suit immediately," Jessica J. González, co-CEO of the group Free Press, said in a statement.

Twitter decided to permanently suspend President Donald Trump's account after concluding that his posts were being read as incitement to commit future acts of violence like that seen at the US Capitol this week.

In a blog post explaining its decision, the social media company said the president's tweets following the Capitol Hill insurrection appeared to lend support to extremists and violate its policy against the glorification of violence.

In particular, Twitter said it was concerned with how the president's posts on Friday were being interpreted by the far-right as coded approval for their actions, and thus "likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021."

Trump's use of the term "American Patriots" to describe his supporters, and his stated refusal to attend the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden, were both interpreted as a not-so-subtle insistence, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, that the 2020 election was stolen, the company said.

Twitter also specifically wrote: "Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021."

According to NBC News, there has been discussion on social media about coming back to Washington, DC, on January 17 and January 20, the day of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

Donald Trump Jr., the president's son, immediately cried foul, claiming, on Twitter, that the removal of his father marked the death of free speech.

But private media platforms are not governed by the First Amendment, nor is compelling private companies to air the thoughts of a politician consistent with most notions of free speech.

Jessica J. González, co-CEO of the advocacy group Free Press, said Trump's suspension was long overdue.

"From the launch of his presidential campaign when he defamed Mexicans as rapists, criminals and drug dealers, to the desperate last gasps of his presidency as he has egged on white supremacists to commit violence and insurrection, Trump had used his Twitter account to incite violence, lie about the election outcome, encourage racists and spread conspiracy theories," she said in a statement. "He did not deserve a platform on Twitter, or on any other social or traditional media."

https://news.yahoo.com/post-why-banned-trump-twitter-020403949.html
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 08:28 am
@neptuneblue,
we must be prepared to deal with these guys like any other foreign terrorists. I really think that Trump is too damned dumb to realize what hes been unleashing these few years. Some of his bas are like our RWN types here on A2K, (all talk and mostly Fulla ****).
Gut out there are some organized groups with smart leasers and who are convinced theyve been hearing the horn for end times
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 08:53 am
@farmerman,
Trump was smart enough to unleash smoldering white supremacy, complete with armed "patriots" who seem to see an "us vs them" attitude. He's done nothing but stoke division and he needs that in order to stay in power. Now that his platform has been taken away, all the tin hat wearers will still follow him. That is something that needs to be controlled because in their belief of the 2A, makes them stupidly dangerous.
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 09:27 am
@neptuneblue,
Worst part is that it lays the seeds for a political future presence for these racist, anarchistic supremacists. They’ll be jumping out from under the rocks. Nice work, Dandy Don. How to singlehandedly bring on theNeo-Nazi movement and violent clashes with unwilling and ill-prepared police forces. There’s a legacy to be proud of.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2021 10:03 am
@Ragman,
I think you guys are exaggerating the strength or the resolve of the right wing. These aren't military geniuses. They are sad, middle-aged men who don't have a grasp on reality.

This was their best shot... and the were publicly humiliated. There will be a bunch of bluster, and they will go back under their respective rocks.

Nothing important will happen during the inauguration other than Biden being sworn in.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What will Trump's Legacy be?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:44:25