1. Some people don't regularly check their emails.
2. I open up my email account maybe once or twice per year.
3. Because I rarely open up my email account, there could easily be hundreds of emails I've never opened up or read.
4. The only time I ever open up my email account is when someone personally tell me that they just sent me an email within the last 24 hours.
5. Otherwise I will never know of any existence of any specific email.
6. In fact the primary reason I open up my email accounts at all, is to delete the hundreds of emails that I will never get around to opening and reading.
7. On the other hand, I do read all phone text sent to my phone.
8. I also listen to all voice messages left on my phone.