Joe Biden SHOULD pardon Trump!

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 02:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

farmerman wrote:

If the 15th amendment is invoked, I believe, if its voted FOR and he is removed, Trump can never run for office again ???

Trump's name is now mud, everytime someone hears the word "Trump" they will think "insurrection".

I don't think his grandchildren will ever run for office.

Trump didn't commit any form of insurrection.

Just like Osama Bin Laden didn't commit any form of terrorism.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 02:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Wrong. Terrorism is the intentional targeting of civilians. al-Qa'ida did that.

These peaceful protesters on the other hand were not committing any sort of insurrection.

I know progressives hate America and would love to have the government fire on peaceful American protesters, but try not to be so bloodthirsty.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 02:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

farmerman wrote:

If the 15th amendment is invoked, I believe, if its voted FOR and he is removed, Trump can never run for office again ???

Trump's name is now mud, everytime someone hears the word "Trump" they will think "insurrection".

I don't think his grandchildren will ever run for office.

Trump didn't commit any form of insurrection.

Just like Osama Bin Laden didn't commit any form of terrorism.

That's not an argument. Please explain how Trump committed insurrection.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 02:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you give no credit to the intelligence of voters.

You'd do a lot better if you stopped commenting on the intelligence of people who you disagree with.

farmerman wrote:
He probably wont be a candidate if hes impeched an found guilty, if he is removed by 25, or is found guilty of one of the high crimes.

No one is going to remove him from office by any means before the end of his term.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 02:59 pm
@Brandon9000,
I said Trump's name will be mud. I implied that Trump will always be associated with insurrection. I said that no one named Nixon or Trump will win the presidency for generations. Just like Nixon, Trump is leaving in disgrace being despised by 80% of Americans.

I didn't say any more than that.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 03:05 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I said Trump's name will be mud. I implied that Trump will always be associated with insurrection. I said that no one named Nixon or Trump will win the presidency for generations. Just like Nixon, Trump is leaving in disgrace being despised by 80% of Americans.

Okay, how will Trump be associated with insurrection?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2021 03:21 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Just like Nixon, Trump is leaving in disgrace being despised by 80% of Americans.

You are wrong about Mr. Trump leaving office in disgrace.

You are wrong about him being despised by 80% of Americans. Some 40% of Americans love him.

You are wrong about Mr. Nixon leaving office in disgrace. Being the victim of a lynching is not disgrace.

I do not know what percentage of Americans despised Mr. Nixon, but shame on all who did.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Max, if you seriously answer Brandon's questions...all you will get are MORE QUEST IONS.

He already knows Trump has committed crimes...and he already knows why Trump is associated with insurrection. EVERYBODY KNOWS THOSE THINGS.

He is like Trump...unable to acknowledge defeat. So...he just keeps asking the stupid questions...and declares victories when people get tired of repeating the answers...WHICH HE ALREADY KNOWS.

Best you do not feed him.

Best he be starved of what he most wants...attention.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
It’s called sealioning, it’s a popular tactic of the far right, getting you to run around wasting time finding proof for things that are already well established facts, only for them to question the source.
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 05:54 am
Quote:
Being both the grantee and the recipient of a pardon accentuates the guilt of the individual. Trump would effectively be announcing that he has engaged in acts that might expose him to criminal prosecution (thus alleging his own guilt); by then accepting the pardon, he would thus, to some degree, be admitting his own allegation. In pleading the pardon to the court, in other words, he would be boasting of his guilt.

atlantic
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:19 am
@maxdancona,
You didn't answer me. Are you running away?

You said, "Trump will always be associated with insurrection."

I asked, "How will Trump be associated with insurrection?"
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:22 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Being both the grantee and the recipient of a pardon accentuates the guilt of the individual. Trump would effectively be announcing that he has engaged in acts that might expose him to criminal prosecution (thus alleging his own guilt); by then accepting the pardon, he would thus, to some degree, be admitting his own allegation. In pleading the pardon to the court, in other words, he would be boasting of his guilt.

atlantic

Pardon for what? You were unable to tell me even one law that you believe he violated.
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:36 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Pardon for what?

Pardon for what?
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:38 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Pardon for what?

Pardon for what?

You're discussing a pardon for Trump. The whole thread is about a pardon for Trump. But when I ask you to tell me one law you think he did violate, you never answer. Okay, if he's so guilty tell me one law you believe he violated.
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:40 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Pardon for what?

Why don't you ask him. Apparently he fears prosecution. What's he afraid of?
Quote:
You were unable to tell me even one law that you believe he violated.

That's the job of the Justice Department, not amateur commentators on a message board.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:42 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Pardon for what?

Why don't you ask him. Apparently he fears prosecution. What's he afraid of?
Quote:
You were unable to tell me even one law that you believe he violated.

That's the job of the Justice Department, not amateur commentators on a message board.

Yet in your discussions here, you imply that he's guilty of something. But when I ask you what it is, you can never tell me. If he's so guilty, tell me one law he broke.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Okay, if he's so guilty tell me one law you believe he violated.

Name a specific statute and I'll tell you whether I think he may have violated it.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:44 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Okay, if he's so guilty tell me one law you believe he violated.

Name a specific statute and I'll tell you whether I think he may have violated it.

If, as you imply, he needs a pardon for something, tell me what. If he's guilty of lots of crimes, how is it that you consistently cannot tell me one?
hightor

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 06:54 am
@Brandon9000,
Again, name a specific statute and I'll tell you whether I think he may have violated it.
Quote:

If, as you imply, he needs a pardon for something...

Um...I haven't implied anything. Trump's the one who thinks he might be prosecuted so you should be asking him.
Quote:
If he's guilty of lots of crimes, how is it that you consistently cannot tell me one?

How do I know whether he's guilty? That's what a trial determines. I heard him ask the Georgia Sec. of State to "find" ballots to overturn election results and threat him with legal action if he refused. I don't know if that's illegal but it should be. I don't know what the specific law is. That's a job for the prosecutors.

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2021 07:05 am

is incitement to riot a pardonable offense?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:13:07